“Elegant Quality”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #4 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 18 August 2014

A really superb hotel. Everything about the hotel is first class, service, rooms and common areas. The breakfast buffet was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The bar is also a nice place to have a drink, very old fashioned service, style and elegance.

Room Tip: You may not want to go when people think One Direction are in the house!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark and Wils B
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Mark and Wils,
Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am thrilled that you loved it here with us and that you loved the bar and the quality of service.
We hope to welcome you back soon, Autumn is a lovely season to visit Milan!

Warm wishes,
Ezio Indiani

Write a ReviewReviews (2,013)

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a very last minute break in Milan and was attracted to this hotel from the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. It was walking distance from the Central Station and we were given a warm welcome by reception and shown to our room. We had a basic double room but it was decorated to a very high standard with an extra large bed, classical furniture, paintings, and a large bathroom with the famous 'Acqua di Parma' toiletries. It is about a mile walk to the city centre but the hotel lay on a free limousine shuttle. There is also a subway station 50 yards from the hotel.
The breakfast is sumptuous and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. There is a menu if you want something different but the choice is so huge you really wouldn't need anything else. We didn't use the restaurant and the rooftop pool was being refurbished but we did sit on the roof terrace and were offered bottled water and apples while we relaxed one afternoon.
If you fancy a day away from Milan there are endless options especially from Central station. We spent an enjoyable morning wandering round a town called Pavia which was 40 mins south on the train. Varenna on Lake Como is 50 mins north and we took the ferry over to the stunning village of Bellagio.
We were too early for breakfast when we left for our flight home but when the concierge heard this he arranged for us to have coffee and croissants in the entrance lounge. Nothing was too much trouble, all of the staff made us feel so welcome and the hotel is every bit a five star luxury property in this impressive city.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Don9,
Thank you for sharing this lovely review. It looks like you and your partner managed to make the most of your time with us and in Milan! I am glad that you chose to visit both the city and its sorroundings, which can be really romantic. We are proud of the wonders offered by the Lombardy region - they're less known than other Italian features but as stunning.

I am also happy to read that you loved your room and the breakfast. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the restaurant and concierge staff.

We look forward to having you back with us again,
Warm Regards from Milano
Ezio Indiani

P.S. Our Instagram account is devoted to travel tips on Tuesdays, Milan tips on Wednesdays - I'd like to take this chance to suggest anyone visiting Milano and Northern Italy to take a look at our page for inspiration!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Principe di Savoja was the best Hotel in Milan 20 years ago, and it still the best today. It is the perfect combination of an old style Grand Hotel of last century combined with a perfect renovation and modern technology. Maybe there are today some modern American style hotels, but if you like elegance and classical style, the Principe di Savoia is far the better choice.

Room Tip: Ambassador Suites are a very good choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RudolfMZollikon
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear RudolfMZollikon,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am glad that you love it here with us and I do sincerely hope you consider the Principe di Savoia as your home away from home.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been in this Hotel for 4 nights with my family. I booked a deluxe room and we waited for a few minutes till they make the room ready for us although we had a early check in around 12 PM the reception upgraded our room. The atmosphere of the Hotel, decoration of the lobby, rooms etc were nice and warm. All the staff were great trying to help us as much as possible. Our room was very specious. The bath room was very big and I really loved the corridor located between the room and the bathroom. This corridor was equipped with a big mirror, a desk and a chair and a door a room.This was the place which the safety box, hangers are located and can be used either as business desk or for ladies make up. The location of the good is great. It is 5 min to central train station, 10 min to central shopping area and 15 to 20 min to Duomo by walk. The breakfast was good inclusive of many kind of cold dishes,cheeses, fruits, eggs but of course is not the one you may see in luxury hotels or beach resorts in US, Dubai or even Thailand. At the end I have two small complain, one is the room has not been cleaned daily (despite they normally clean the room twice a day) properly and it seems housekeeping is just changing the towels and not cleaning the surface of bath room area, second, swimming pool has been out of service without any prior notification on web site of Hotel.
Apart from two above issues I really enjoyed staying in this hotel and recommend this Hotels to business travelers or families.Of course, I will choose this hotel again when I come to Milan.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Peyman M,
Thank you for sharing your review.
While I am glad that you loved the upgrade received and the general atmosphere of the hotel, I am glad if the housekeeping service was not up to your expectation. Please do feel free to contact me in private to discuss your issues further.

As for the swimming pool, while I am glad to inform you that the "Spa & Fitness Centre" page on our website does indeed specify that the swimming pool may be out of order during the summer, I am sorry for the trouble your family may have gone through for this. If you all decide to visit us again from September onwards, this inconvenience should be resolved and we shall be glad to give you all a warm welcome back.

Regards from Milano,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time for me in this amazing hotel! Everything is absolutely Wonderful. The staff, rooms and food. It's very luxurious and elegant. You feel like a VIP from the moment you enter the hotel.

The only thing that I may not like is the location, a bit away from the duomo. However, a free limousine is offered by the hotel to all guests that can take you from the hotel to the fashion district or the duomo. Plus, if you want to walk, it's about 20 minutes and you will pass by very beautiful shopping streets.

I love it so much and I will continue staying there..

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Marafi_Qatar
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Marafi_Qatar,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience here at the Principe di Savoia.
I am thrilled that you loved it here with us; should you choose our hotel on your next visit to Milan, please do let me know in advance so that we can prepare a warm welcome back for you.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We ended our special anniversary trip to Italy (our first visit to Italy!) with a one night stay before our early morning flight home. I had hoped that it would be memorable, but it was slightly disappointing. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is beautiful and certainly 5 star in appearance and amenities (the limo service is great!). But, it seems more suited for business travelers. We missed the personal touch that we experienced at other 5 star hotels during our Northern Italy vacation.

The hotel was the only one that we stayed in that did not acknowledge our anniversary in any way though I had mentioned it at booking and again just before our stay. At check in, we were given a classic room (which I booked) that looked upon the walls of a dreary interior courtyard. The room was dark, hot and stuffy. So disappointing. The in-room phone did not work so I could not call down to the front desk. We brought our bags downstairs and asked to be moved.

We were told that there was on-going hotel construction making it difficult, but we were given another room. The receptionist walked us over herself, which we appreciated. We chit chatted during the walk to the room and she was very pleasant. She asked about our trip and we told her about our anniversary -- she had been completely unaware. Anyway, the second room was lovely. Beautiful decorated, facing the front of the hotel and nice and cool. We were more than satisfied with the new room (5 star in every way) and we jumped in the limo and explored the city.

Room service that night was fine. They got my order wrong, but apologized profusely and fixed it right away. The food was yummy. Loved the bathroom. Aqua Di Parma, fluffy towels and lots of room.

Again, there is a lot to love about this hotel. With a bit more of a personal touch, it could be perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Ilene,
Thank you for sharing your experience, and for trying to be objective about it.
I am so sorry that we failed to celebrate you properly on such an important date. You are right, we should have made it memorable.
Please accept my apologies, I do sincerely hope to have the chance to make amends in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've been to Milan city last year for a business trip, When my company told me about the hotel I said yeah that's great but when I arrived there it was really beyond what I though, the rooms are very good, the room service is exceptional, WiFi is available even inside the room for free but if you want more speed you can get the paid WiFi, the food in the restaurant is amazing.
It was really nice experience in Milan city, I would love to go there again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear sowhat y,
Thank you so much for your amazing review. I am ecstatic to hear that we exceeded your expectations and I am also happy that you were able to experience our Acanto restaurant as I believe it truly enhances the overall atmosphere of the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I hope to welcome you back very soon.
Warmest regards,