“Beautiful”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Great hotel - have stayed here twice and loved it both times. Wonderful staff, beautiful hotel, great restaurant. Great breakfast! Nice limo/shuttle to Basilica, La Scala, shopping. Very luxurious. When my daughter wanted to go to a late night concert they made sure she got there and got back safely. Hope to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Jill F,
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review.
I am utterly thrilled that your family had a good time here with us, and that you had the chance to make the most of our services.

It looks like you were here a while ago: is it time to visit Italy again, maybe? Autumn is a wonderful season to see the sights around Northern Italy!
Your home in Milan awaits at all times,

Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Absolute Luxury all the way with a superb bar, ambience and friendly staff. A home away from home! The breakfast is amazing, spa is beautiful and a great business / holiday hotel five star all the way. The staff are ever so friendly and there are incredible restaurants a stone thro away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Close to metro and really just a 15 minutes walk to Via Montenapolione
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Litred9,
Thank you so much for sharing your review.
I am happy to read that you loved your breakfast and thesorrounding area, which does really offer a lot in terms of entertainment.

I hope to welcome you back soon to our beautiful city.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I been in a suite and i can only say GREAT.
Very good room, very good service, fantastic breakfast.
Very clean, very quite and fantastic bar after dinner.
Unfortunately the spa was closed during my stay.
For sure i will return when in Milano.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea70_S
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Andrea70_S,
Thank you for your kind review.
My apologies about the swimming pool not being available during your stay, we have had to refurbish the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hopefully this time your stay will be entirely memorable.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I been in hotel 3 nights was wonderful staff was friendly nice place to stay and breakfast is lovely easy to reach station and city centre best hotel in Italy room dining service is fast very clean and tidy hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Baatarjab,
It is with immense gratitude that I read your review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We take particular pride in the service we provide, and I will make sure to forward your comments to the rest of the team.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August- we booked 2 connecting rooms. (classic type)
The hotel is very impressive however when we approached the check in we started feeling some stress….the lady at the reception was very nice however since we had an issue with the connecting rooms she called asked a more senior reception staff member (manager?) who started discussing the "problem" with her in Italian while I was standing there - not understanding a word!!! Not very polite !!!

After few minutes they solved the "problem" and started taking in English again …. The rooms are nice, good size with very nice bathroom…. but in both rooms there was a bad smell…. I called the housekeeping to inform them about the problem. The women who answered was very nervous and very rude….she did not agree to send someone to look into the problem…..she said in a very loud voice that she can only send a person with a spray……to "splash" some smell…. When I tried to explain that the "splash" will help only for few minutes….the women become very very…..angry and she said " this is what I can do…. Maybe you will tell me what can I do….. I cannot help you"!!!!!I

I do not expect this low standard of service in any hotel but especially not in such luxurious….very expensive hotel….she did send a women with a spray….the nice lady did not speak a word in English but she tried to explain with her hands that the bad smell is coming from the walls???

The poor service was also at breakfast time ….. The hosts in the entrance was nice but some of the waiters were really terrible….not smiling…. Very difficult to track their attention! (there was one senior waiter which was professional).

The breakfast itself was excellent – nice variety of food very fresh! As I said nice hotel….. the management must do something to improve the service….. not sure that its worth to pay the high rate for the rooms…..

Room Tip: parking at hotel is very expensive (50Euro) per night - use alternatives nearby
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Irit L
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Irir L.,
Thank you so much for your review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am so sorry to hear that everything was not perfect with your stay. As you can imagine service is our top priority and If you would like to contact me personally I can investigate further and get back to you with a more through response.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

we have stayed in this fabulous hotel for four nights in may 2014,due to our friends wedding.Have to say this is one of the best(if not the best)hotel we have ever stayed in!
Everything,reception,rooms,dining area,all public areas,are amazing!Our room(premium room) was beautiful,designed with personal touches.And the bathroom is to die for!! Lot of toiletries,fluffy ,luxury towels,and even some fresh orchids! All areas,also rooms spotless clean!
All staff very professional and attentive!
Wedding scenery breathtaking!! And soo elegant! Expensive hotel but definitely worth to pay only to experience something special! Should be 6 star !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mona a

Dear mona a,
Thank you so much for the exquisite review of the Hotel Principe di Savoia. It is with great pride that I read that you enjoyed our accommodation, amenities and that you loved our bathrooms. Weddings are always a special occasion and to hear that everything was so perfect brings great joy to my wonderful team and me.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

A really superb hotel. Everything about the hotel is first class, service, rooms and common areas. The breakfast buffet was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The bar is also a nice place to have a drink, very old fashioned service, style and elegance.

Room Tip: You may not want to go when people think One Direction are in the house!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark and Wils B
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Mark and Wils,
Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am thrilled that you loved it here with us and that you loved the bar and the quality of service.
We hope to welcome you back soon, Autumn is a lovely season to visit Milan!

Warm wishes,