“Great place to stay whilst in the city”

Hotel Spadari al Duomo
Ranked #3 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We booked this hotel with ExpertoItaly for a one week trip to Como and Milan. It's very easy to get to from the Duomo Metro station, which in itself is a good place to stay in the city. As we were a little early arriving at the hotel they offered us coffee and brioche while they checked to see if the room was free.

The hotel was very clean and tidy with paintings and sculptures everywhere. The room had everything we needed, and we even had a balcony (one of only 3 I think) where you could see the top of the Duomo and the trams below. The mini bar came with free soft drinks and snacks which was replenished each day. Breakfasts consisted of a range of fruit, cereals, cooked eggs, pastries, yogurts etc. as well as coffees and juices (I am not obsessed with food, but it is a bonus to get a hotel that does provide a good start to the day).

Hotel staff were very helpful, providing maps and details for getting to locations and looking up train schedules for Easter Sunday. After checking out the staff looked after our cases by locking them securely away until we left for our flights late that evenings.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony - you can't see a lot, but it's nice to have.
1  Thank keiron77

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just spent two days at the Spadari. Best features are: great location, right near the Duomo, with easy subway access and walkable to most. Very friendly, helpful staff. Nice small scale hotel with cool artwork and a small but lovely breakfast area. The breakfasts were included, and very nicely done, as was free wi-fi, always appreciated, and free non-alcoholic beverages in the mini-bar ( a nice touch). My Room was a little on the small side, with no view, although the bathroom was nice. No real drawers to put clothes either ( a bit odd). I also had trouble figuring out the room temperature control, although I finally figured it out. I found the hotel in general was a bit over-heated. Anyway, small stuff in comparison to the main benefits. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank flunie
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The rooms are modern, comfortable and attractively decorated. We also had a view of the Duomo. The breakfast is 5 star! The location is wonderful. It's expensive but worth the splurge!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were in Milan for less than 24 hours and had to leave before breakfast, so i can't say too much. But for what we were looking for, this place was great. The location was excellent (a minute or two walk to the Duomo). The rooms were a little small (to be expected), but very comfortable. The shower was cool once we figured it out (hahah). And the price was very reasonable for such a nice hotel.

I'd definitely stay here again if I were to come back to Milan.

1  Thank scottSD1
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The service was exceptional, room and bathroom were above expected, quick stroll to everything without feeling at all like you're in a built up area! (and right next door to the foodies heaven - Peck)
We had our huge breakfast (and our surprise anniversary bottle of prosecco - thank you Spadari!) in our room and felt like we could have been paying twice the price with silver cutlery and cloches... Total royal treatment!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

All the reviews are right, staff friendly. I don't think I have ever had such a nice breakfast in a hotel. The location is right in the centre of the town which is great. I did think our room was a little dark but I guess I was in the middle of the city. I think you pay for the location, I think honestly it is a little overpriced and I wish I had gone for a hotel further out with more facilities ie a spa but that was my fault should maybe have thought longer about it. Would recommend due to lovely staff and fab breakfast.

Room Tip: We went for a room with a balcony which was extra but we didnt use it and the plants on it made our...
1  Thank mum4boys
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Have been going to Hotel Spadari for more than 20 years. The same family atmosphere,the same top service and delightfully polite reception personnel,a fine copious breakfast and very good value for money in an extremely expensive city as Milan is. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try the big rooms with a view in the loft.
1  Thank Angelo1951