“Location, Very Clean, Great Service, Great Breakfast, Free Internet, Great Price”

Hotel Spadari al Duomo
Ranked #3 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Location, Very Clean, Great Service, Great Breakfast, Free Internet, Great Price. Nothing negative to say about this place. It has air conditioning and no carpet on the floors. We had a king size bed very comfortable. Room 52.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FaccioStoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I spent a couple of nights here at the start of my Italian holiday. What a great hotel. It offers all that you need and more without being pretentious. It is in a fantastic location which is quiet and yet close to the Duomo and Galleria. My room was quiet and perfect. It offers great value for money. As I was traveling on my own I hired a guide for a morning that the Hotel arranged for me. The guide was fantastic and I highly recommend that service. The staff were also friendly and helpful especially the lovely Letizia. I would definitely return to Hotel Spadari.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lesley426
Wetteren, Belgium
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I spent 5 nights in this hotel during a very hot July in Milan. Thanks to a good airco my week in Milan was very good.
There is not much negative to say about this hotel. Check-in was quick, breakfast very good, location is the best and the staff extremely helpful. The free perks in both minibar and wifi availability are also an asset.
As for location I'd like to mention the proximity to Duomo, Galeria, Pinacoteca Ambrosiana and Peck (all of these in a walk of 3 minutes or right next door and all worth your visit.
Staff was very helpful and welcoming. As me and my family like to sleep in breakfast till 11 a.m. is very convenient, but even then we managed just to be there like 15 to 11. We could take our time and there was still plenty to choose from. Staff didn't rush us but invited us to relax and take our time.
Another positive thing was that although we hadn't booked tickets for Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper, they managed to get us in. Every day they called and although fully booked we managed to get tickets on the third day. This was thanks to the lovely lady at the front desk and her persistency to get us in. Also the tickets were cheap and the visit was very worth while.
The hotel also arranged our transfer by private car to Tremezzo on Lake Como.
We could easily walk to the other specialties Milan has to offer like Sforzesco Castle, Pinacoteca de Brera, Naviglie District, and the gorgeous shops.
The room was clean, spacious and all non-alcoholic drinks in the minibar were for free. Also free was the fruit, biscuits and water that guests could find in the lobby each day. Moreover wifi comes at no charge.
Without any doubt I would book this hotel over and over again. The price quality ratio is excellent and the location is unbeatable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank sabinemartens
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stayed 2 nights at a superior 22.5 square-meter (242 square-feet) modern comfortable room with light-blocking curtains.
Access: Close to Duomo, BILLA (supermarket), next to PECK (high-end food shop). Close to a tram stop (#16 to Santa Maria delle Grazie). A taxi ride took 15 minutes from Milano Porta Garibaldi station to the hotel (12 euro). It took 15 minutes to walk with a roller bag from the hotel to a bus stop for X73 bus (express bus bound for Milano Linate airport, 1.5 euro). (The bus stop is located at Corso Europa street, passing through an alley near Disney store on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II street.)
Air Conditioner: Very good. Preset to 24 degree C.
Bathroom: Clean bathtub. Very good water pressure / runoff of water. Fancy set of "Spadari" shampoo, hair conditioner, soap, towels etc.
Breakfast: Very good. Many selections including fresh tomatoes, fresh leaves. Albicocche (apricots?) were very very tasty! Coffee (cappuccino) / tea / fresh juice, and scrambled egg with bacon / mushroom / tomatoes / cheese, etc. were served individually.
Elevator: 1 elevator
Internet: A free Internet point is on the ground floor.
Refrigerator: Bottles of water, juice, peanuts etc. were offered at no charge.
Staff: Very professional. I loved their recommendation of a good restaurant (Hostaria Borromei).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LovelyAngus
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights at the start of my italian holiday- and am so very glad I decided to spend alitle more for an amazing stay. Best things: Location: literally two mins from the Duamo but away from the noise and traffic. It is right next door to Peck( gourmet pervodore). Staff: extremely friendly helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms: spacious, clean and the Superior has a go bath to soak and get rid of jet lag. Breakfast: excellent made to order eggs and the bacon is crisp and the best. I was a solo female traveller and this hotel felt very safe and comfortable.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank suls_travel
Gold Coast
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights - wish it could have been more. Beautiful furnishings, largish room for Italian standards. The bathroom and shower was amazing. Fantastic location, quick walk to Duomo, shopping and the metro. Wifi was available and worked with no problems, also didn't need to log in each time unlike a lot of other hotels we stayed at. Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent, extensive selection and a hot breakfast cooked to order if you request it (no extra charge). Breakfast staff could not be more helpful or friendly.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AndiM8
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 July 2012

There's are reasons this charming little hotel is ranked so high - great location and incredible staff! While we only stayed one night, I was blown away by the staff's little touches that showed how much they cared and wanted to make sure you felt right at home. When we were checking in, all three staff members stopped to introduce themselves and say hello, and we were told who would be on duty at what time so that we would know who we were talking to if we called down to the front desk. When I asked for a lunch recommendation, they literally walked me out the front door of the hotel and pointed to the awning of the restaurant they recommended, and then were great about making dinner reservations. The room itself was clean, the bathroom was very nice, and as previous reviewers have mentioned, the location is amazing. You are literally right next door to Peck (the famous Milan grocery store - eat at their bar nearby, the food is delicious!) and only a 5-10 minute walk from the Duomo and the shopping area. If we return to Milan, I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple