“Centrally located”

Hotel Spadari al Duomo
Ranked #3 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The location was great. It is not reccomended to have a car, parking was an additional 35 euros a day. Limited view but the inclusion of non-alcoholic drinks at mini bar was appreciated. The breakfast was excellent. The happy hour was also excellent although the drinks at the hotel seemed pricey relatively speaking. We were there for one night and Milan is a very metropolitan destination for Italy.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Backpacking through Italy, I wanted to splurge, if only for one night and I did right here at Hotel Spadari. It was couple of hundred well spent, I only wish that I could have stayed at least another night. I had the best sleep anyone could ask for.

My check in was flawless, although I only waited about 10mins or less. I was a lil early considering the check in time. I was brought tea and croissant while I waited to go to my room. The room was immaculate, comfy, cozy and felt very much like a room in my own home. I sat down for a split second on the bed and I didn't want to leave. The bed was so plush...everything was down filled. Pillows, comforter, even the blanket felt soft and plush. I freshened up and headed out for a tour and to see the sites of my surroundings.

They are located in the city center of Milan, Close to pedestrian way, business district, Milan's Duomo, La Scala Theatre, shopping and a lot of eateries/restaurants. The service was impeccable. Free WI-fi and also an area for you to hold your luggage if you are too early for check in or have to leave bags for a late departure.
It felt really great to have splurged a bit on this trip. No regrets and I would do it again and I would stay here again. Breakfast was included and in the bathroom were robes and slippers along with all the nice lil bottle of toiletries :-) I was just in heaven and would love to go back.

Room Tip: higher floors are definitely better..6 and up
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a great hotel, fairly priced, that is very near the main tourist attractions of Milan. We found getting around (direction-wise) Milan challenging so this choice was spot-on. Within 5 minutes you can be at the Duomo or the Galleria Vittorio; another 5 and you are at La Scala as well as the fashion district via Montenapoleane. Walking distance to some wonderful restaurants.
hotel is a modern facility, contemporary art in the public rooms. Excellent room and bath - very good bed and pillows. Windows opened and you had a nice view of the street and trolleys below (get a front room). Good AC, important in very hot Milano. Quiet even though in the inner city.
Staff were the best we encountered in our 8 hotels in Italy this trip. Very, very cordial and helpful - seemed to really care we liked the hotel and their city. Arranged for dinners and airport limo, found last minute ticket for the Last Supper, and so on
Hotel had a very nice breakfast area with the best selection of meats, cheeses, breads in all of our stays - they said they are supplied by a branch of Peck next door! Afternoon they also provided some free drinks and appetizers. Very nicely managed hotel.
I noticed there were business and tourists in the hotel when we were there - I find I'm treated much better in a hotel that caters to both, the case here.

Room Tip: higher floor in the front of the building
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'll not repeat the room descriptions - just read the July 2013 reviews below for a good idea. Note though that the room safe while big enough for an iPad, was not big enough for my laptop.

We arrived late at night (after 11pm) and the night porter greeted us with a friendly smile and spoke good English. When we arrived in our room, the television came on and was tuned to BBC1 - don't know whether this is because we are British or if it was a coincidence. FWIW the TV could be tuned to a large range of different language channels.

It's great that breakfast is served until 11am, and when we rolled down at 10:55 none of the staff batted an eyelid - all were cheerful and none made any attempt to rush us nor make us feel that we were inconveniencing them.

The reception staff gave us good advice as to where we could eat, and booked the restaurants that we choose.

After 4 nights we ordered a taxi to the train station (where we were to pick up the bus to the airport). It arrived just in time for the bus and we rushed to it. After 15 minutes on the bus I suddenly realised that in my haste I'd left my (very expensive) camera in the taxi! I didn't have the taxi company's name, and so phoned the hotel (as they had booked the taxi for us).

Bruna picked up the call at the hotel, and calmly assured me that she would do the best she could to retrieve my camera. After a few phone calls she managed to contact the taxi driver and arranged for the taxi driver to bring the camera to the airport (naturally and rightly I paid the fare!) - I can't thank you enough, Bruna.

I couldn't be more impressed with the hotel or the service we received while we were there. When we return to Milan we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: It's not a noisy area, but if you want total peace and quiet then choose either a higher room or...
1  Thank NorthallGreenTurtle
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff are efficient and very friendly. the room was very clean and quiet with an excellent quality mattress. The breakfast was very tasty with good choice of cooked food. The hotel has a modern feel. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Spadari al Duomo front desk staff extremely helpful with recommendations for 'authentic' restaurants (vs. tourist traps) and shopping in nearby not-well-known-to-Americans stores. Liked the 'staff recommendations' booklet in our room for things to do. Breakfast staff tried to accommodate, but perhaps due to language, were not as on top of requests as were breakfast staff at other hotels at which we stayed. The food at breakfast was good, selection excellent and Spadari the only hotel encountered that offered a green salad at breakfast - which I enjoyed. Free snacks/soft drinks in minibar a pleasant surprise. Location near public trans, so travel/walking back at night not threatening and pleasant over-night gentleman at front desk also helpful. Fabulous location for duomo at all hours, art exhibits nearby, etc. For a few days in Milan stay here. Comfortable enough furniture, if a little more 'unique' than luxurious. Service quality over all could be more consistent, hence 4, not 5, stars.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I would not stay anywhere else in Milan . This hotel is extremely well run with perfectly trained staff .it is modern and very clean . It is not showy or state of the art but represents fantastic value for money. It's position is perfect around the corner from Duomo in the historical centre and what a bonus having the deli " Peck " right next door

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends