“Great location”

Ranked #3 of 428 Hotels in Milan
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here in March. Fantastic location right in the middle of the city. Don't hire a car as parking is expensive and you have to pay congestion charge. If you do get a car, the hotel have a valet parking service, which is great. Rooms are decent and breakfast is excellent. Staff are very friendly and helpful. You wont regret booking this hotel

Room Tip: Don't hire a car
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here as the location is perfect for seeing the sites of Milan. The Duomo barely 2 mins away and shopping all around. Staff were particularly helpful and the breakfast plentiful and first rate. A special mention to the breakfast staff who were happy and smiley first thing in the morning and made us all feel special. The rooms are clean and air conditioned and have free soft drinks-water in the mini bar. If we return to Milan then this is where we shall stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a 6th floor with balcony if available
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here recently, after a 3 year absence.
The location is superb, close to the Duomo, Brera and other sights and shopping.
The hotel is comfortable, and well appointed. Bed quality is great for Italy. Rooms are well equipped. Bathrooms are fine, but I suggest you get a room with a "special" shower - better size and fittings.
Our room (54) did not have this shower, and the bathroom was showing its age, needs some work. The rest of the room was fine.
The breakfast area has been expanded since our last visit, with no overcrowding. Breakfast was very good.
Great staff, especially the front desk, and very helpful.
Still highly recommenced.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NorthernWanderer0
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My several tourist trips to Rome had soured me a bit on hotels. Somehow the 4-5 star rankings never matched the hotel. But being stubborn I continued with my intent which is to find a hotel very close to the main sites with the theory that walking is easier than transport and location makes up for prices and service.

Wow was Spadari a positive surprise! It is right in the city center so perfect for looking around. But every better was that it is a great hotel, friendly staff, helpful, clean, modern rooms, a mini-bar with free sodas and juices, working wifi, great breakfast buffet, and soft, comfortable beds.

My family loved the place. Finally an excellent, affordable hotel in the city and tourist center.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Keith S
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Quite simply, this is a hotel I regretted having to leave. I stayed there at the end of a week-long tour of northern Italy and unfortunately was only there one night. The staff is friendly, the service impeccable, and the room I had was a delight. I checked in fairly early in the day, and was given an upgrade to a room with a garden tub and terrace. Just beautiful. The staff at the hotel could not be nicer. There is a small restaurant with a simple menu that is just right for that first meal in a city when you are too tired to venture out. The breakfast selection is superb and they do eggs to order besides. It is centrally located and you can walk to almost everything you would want to do in the city. I will definitely stay here on a return visit to Milan and I will recommend it to anyone who will listen!

Room Tip: I don't know if it matters, but I was in the back off the street. Absolutely no noise. Each fl...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnieW440
Toronto
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The location was great. It is not reccomended to have a car, parking was an additional 35 euros a day. Limited view but the inclusion of non-alcoholic drinks at mini bar was appreciated. The breakfast was excellent. The happy hour was also excellent although the drinks at the hotel seemed pricey relatively speaking. We were there for one night and Milan is a very metropolitan destination for Italy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Irvington, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Backpacking through Italy, I wanted to splurge, if only for one night and I did right here at Hotel Spadari. It was couple of hundred well spent, I only wish that I could have stayed at least another night. I had the best sleep anyone could ask for.

My check in was flawless, although I only waited about 10mins or less. I was a lil early considering the check in time. I was brought tea and croissant while I waited to go to my room. The room was immaculate, comfy, cozy and felt very much like a room in my own home. I sat down for a split second on the bed and I didn't want to leave. The bed was so plush...everything was down filled. Pillows, comforter, even the blanket felt soft and plush. I freshened up and headed out for a tour and to see the sites of my surroundings.

They are located in the city center of Milan, Close to pedestrian way, business district, Milan's Duomo, La Scala Theatre, shopping and a lot of eateries/restaurants. The service was impeccable. Free WI-fi and also an area for you to hold your luggage if you are too early for check in or have to leave bags for a late departure.
It felt really great to have splurged a bit on this trip. No regrets and I would do it again and I would stay here again. Breakfast was included and in the bathroom were robes and slippers along with all the nice lil bottle of toiletries :-) I was just in heaven and would love to go back.

Room Tip: higher floors are definitely better..6 and up
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo