“Excellent location, excellent service.”

Hotel Spadari al Duomo
Ranked #3 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Stayed here for a night in late Nov 2010. I found the service extremely good. The management even took the time to email me in advance asking how I woud like the sleeping arrangements to be (as there were 3 of us in the room, ie 3 single beds or 1dbl bed & 1 single.) I found that to be a nice touch although either would have been fine.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Its almost a stone throw away from the Duomo, very short walking distance.

The room itself was spacious. Free wifi was offered, without limiting the number of devices. Drinks in the mini bar were offered complimentary, except for alcohol which is more than reasonable.

One thing I wish to point out was the shower. It had 3 water sources for shower, namely the usual with a hose, rain shower, and another type of shower. Unfortunately only the normal shower head with a hose could be used as using the rain shower would result in the area outside of the shower stall getting very wet (the shower stall's walls were not high enough).

There is also a computer at the lobby (with a printer attached) for guests to use for free. I find that a nice touch as well, not many 4/5 star hotels offer this. Most usually charge a fee so having this left a good impression on me.

I found the staff very helpful. I had inquired if they could mail some things back to my home country on my behalf due to a lack of time and they readily agreed.

Wouldn't mind staying there the next time I head to Milan :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank adashel

Reviewed 10 November 2010

The location of this hotel is excellent, since I had limited time to shop and sightsee in Milan. Duomo is round the corner and lots of nice restaurants, cafes, within few minutes of walking. Moreoever, the hotel is very clean, spacious (for European standard) and service is very good. I know now that I can trust the reviews on tripadvisor!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Have always relied on TA when it comes to choosing accomodation, and Hotel Spadari is a true gem!

I just came home and tired as I am, I owe this hotel owner and their wonderful team this review.

After running a marathon in Athens, I needed pampering in Milan, and Hotel Spadari delivered it all - spacious room, tasteful decoration, clean bathrooms, in-room breakfast, free juice and water in your fridge, finger snacks at the pantry.... what more can I ask for?

The team is wonderful! Juliana, who has been liaising with me regarding my reservation was prompt and responsive to all my emails. She even emailed me on the day of my marathon and wished me luck! This kind of personal touch differentiated Hotel Spadari from the other 4-star or 5-star hotels in Milan. The team is so sincere and helpful and I feel very grateful that I am spoiled throughout my stay.

I was so drained from the run and the non-stop walking and shopping in the city, I picked up my dinner at Peck, the local delicatssen with all sorts of goodies for two nights. I asked the pantry lady to re-heat the pasta for me, and u know what I ended up with........ my dinner nicely placed on a ceramic plate, on a wooden tray with table linen alongside with folk and knife, plus a small plate of bread and butter delivered to my room!!!!!! I felt so posh even eating in my own room.

The location, as everyone has mentioned is superb! U can't be more central and the area felt safe. Instead of brand-name shopping, don't miss the little streets along Brera, they are full of surprises - stationery stores, art galleries, local cashmere store, even the groceries and the bakeries are fun to visit.

I also noticed a bit of noise from the other rooms but it was tolerable. I slept like a log during my stay there when usually I have serious problems falling asleep away from home.

This is my third time in Milan and Hotel Spadari has made this the best visit of all. Thank You, the lovely team of Hotel Spadari!!!!!!!!

Jacqueline from Hong Kong who ran the Athens Marathon

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in October. The room and bathroom were very comfortable and included everything you need. Complimentary beverages in the mini bar was a real luxury. We had read that the hotel was in a central location but it isn't until you get there that you can appreciate how close it actually is from the Duomo and the main shopping area. The location of the hotel is just fantastic. The staff are helpful and friendly, even providing small bottles of water when we left in our car. Breakfast in the dining room was a little cramped but the ambiance was just charming. Having a choice of hot eggs was a delightful change from the scrambled eggs we had eaten for weeks in various hotels.
The only negative - and it was a huge one for us - was the noise. Not from the outside traffic as you might expect but from other rooms. Loud running water was continually flowing through the plumbing system and scraping noises from the floor above seemed never ending. You often experience these sorts of noises but they seemed amplified in our room and severely impacted our ability to fall asleep . A restful sleep is very important on a busy sightseeing trip so I don't think I could stay here again. This is such a shame because this hotel is perfect in every other way.

1  Thank ItalyTrip2010
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This hotel is minutes from the Duomo and the major shopping district in Milan and so ideally located. Moreover, it is right next door to the famous Peck 'food hall' and their two associated restaurants are just across the street (lunch at Italian Bar was fabulous and we bought wine daily from Peck). The reception staff are extremely friendly and helpful and speak excellent English. Their restaurant recommendations were outstanding and all were within easy walking distance. Free wifi and bottled juice and water in rooms very much appreciated. Breakfast excellent.

We stayed in a superior room which was clean, comfortable, but not 'over the top'. Two very minor quibbles associated with the design of the hotel/rooms. Why no towel hooks to hang large bathrobes and towels? An odd omission. Also, soundproofing could be improved as bathroom noise from adjoining rooms could be an irritant for light sleepers.

In summary, an excellent hotel and I would happily stay there again.

One quick additional tip for travelers to Milan, if you want to see Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' you need to book weeks in advance and so remember to do it before you leave home.

Reviewed 1 November 2010

We wanted nice, and we needed close, but not the over the top price that you can get near the Duomo. We absolutely found it in hotel spadari al Duomo. Small to medium sized, friendly, effiecient, multilingual staff. Location 1 1/2 blocks from Duomo plaza on a quiet street- BONUS- right next to the wonderful deli/food mecca Peck! Room was comfortable, reasonably sized for Europe, clean, decor bright but not obtrusive, bathroom good sized. King sized bed (not two twins that keep sliding apart). Breakfast not spectacular, but good, includes eggs if you ask for them. Staff eager to help with directions, map, recommendations. I don't think we could have done better balancing location, quality and price in this area. Would definitely stay here again.
Go the the 7th floor market/cafe of La Rinascente for a treat.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

We have come to rely upon Trip Advisor reviews as a resouce in choosing our hotels, guest houses, etc. Based on the reviews for the hotel and the location we chose Hotel Spadari - we were not disappointed. We had room 53, a king size room with a beautiful garden terrace, that was perfect in the late afternoon to sit on, sip a glass of wine, read a book, write in your journal and reflect on the days exploration of the city. The level of service was excellent from the moment we checked in to when we departed two days later. Breakfast was excellent - you could order eggs whatever way you wished, great croissants, fresh fruit, cereals, juice, coffee, tea - whatever you wished. The hotel decor is very modern, with beautiful art not only in the lobby area, breakfast room but in every single room. Our bathroom was large, with glass blocks on the outside wall that faced on to the terrace which made the bathroom light and airy. Our room was on the back side of the hotel and was exceptionally quiet and the bed extremely comfortable.

Many other reviewers have commented on the location - close to the Duomo, La Scala, the Gallery shopping area, etc. Even closer (almost next door) is 'Peck' gastronomie - a gastronomy experience that you just have to experience - from the wine cellar in the basement floor, to the gourmet meat counters, sea food counters, cheese and deli areas on the first floor to the tea room/delicatessant/wine bar on the third floor. We stopped for a glass of wine, early afternoon, as the lunch crowd arrived to pick up lunch from the delicatessant or to order lunch at one of the many tables. As we sat sipping our wine, the waiter brought us first a sandwich and as i ordered a second glass of wine, olives and crackers - just for us to sample - what class. We had only wished that we had had more time to spend in Milan.

We highly recommend Hotel Spadari - it is the hotel we will stay at the next time we are in Milan.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple