“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Malta
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Spadari for 3 nights. We chose this hotel with the help of the good reviews from Tripadvisor and we were very satisfied!

Location - excellent, could not be more central. We did not need to use any public transport. We took a taxi from Linate airport which took us 30/40 mins (due to traffic).
It is a few steps away from the Duomo.

Room - very good, we had one of the bigger rooms since we were 3 people (my husband, myself and our 2 year old daughter), situated on the 5th floor.
We were pleased with the decor and the standard of the hotel, it is a proper 4 star. The non alcoholic drinks in the mini bar were free :)
We could have opted for a less expensive hotel, however, they were further away from the centre and we doubted the 4 star rating.
You do not need to doubt this hotel though.

Service - excellent!!! very friendly staff, helpful at all time of day. They were very friendly to our little daughter - very important for us.
Breakfast was good, with good choice on the whole. You can have breakfast in your room at no extra cost :)
We tried the room service on our last day, the food was better than what we ate from cafe-restaurants around the centre. And priced very well. Do try it.

Cleanliness - excellent; bed very comfy with ample pillows. Towels and bathrobe very good too.

It was a great break, very relaxing. If we were to go to Milano again, we would book at Hotel Spadari for sure.

ps if you wish to see the Last Supper while in Milano, book the tickets well before... we were informed that you need to book around 3months before!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AandMMalta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 12 December 2010

This hotel has a great location, lovely rooms and friendly helpful staff, what more could you want. Really nice touches like free drinks from the mini bar, fresh towels daily and excellent breakfast. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Kent,
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Stayed 3 nights end of October. All Staff at all levels were attentive, friendly and courteous and made us feel very at home. The reviews of this hotel are not wrong, you will enjoy it and it is great value for money. Location is superb steps from Duomo, shops restaurants etc. There is some noise from other rooms as noted by others but not an issue at all to us.
Breakfast is excellent, Omellette is recommended. Had lunch in the Cafe Spadari (out of hotel turn left and it is about 20metres on the corner) twice, excellent food, inexpensive and great atmosphere. Try not to eat in restaurants on main road leading to castle, poor service and very expensive for what you get. Ate in the Park Hyatt Hotel in the park bar, i definately recommend this for a special evening or if you are a lover of really good food. It is expensive but worth every penny, the service there is superb.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brd25
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Stayed here for a night in late Nov 2010. I found the service extremely good. The management even took the time to email me in advance asking how I woud like the sleeping arrangements to be (as there were 3 of us in the room, ie 3 single beds or 1dbl bed & 1 single.) I found that to be a nice touch although either would have been fine.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Its almost a stone throw away from the Duomo, very short walking distance.

The room itself was spacious. Free wifi was offered, without limiting the number of devices. Drinks in the mini bar were offered complimentary, except for alcohol which is more than reasonable.

One thing I wish to point out was the shower. It had 3 water sources for shower, namely the usual with a hose, rain shower, and another type of shower. Unfortunately only the normal shower head with a hose could be used as using the rain shower would result in the area outside of the shower stall getting very wet (the shower stall's walls were not high enough).

There is also a computer at the lobby (with a printer attached) for guests to use for free. I find that a nice touch as well, not many 4/5 star hotels offer this. Most usually charge a fee so having this left a good impression on me.

I found the staff very helpful. I had inquired if they could mail some things back to my home country on my behalf due to a lack of time and they readily agreed.

Wouldn't mind staying there the next time I head to Milan :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank adashel
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 November 2010

The location of this hotel is excellent, since I had limited time to shop and sightsee in Milan. Duomo is round the corner and lots of nice restaurants, cafes, within few minutes of walking. Moreoever, the hotel is very clean, spacious (for European standard) and service is very good. I know now that I can trust the reviews on tripadvisor!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
HK
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Have always relied on TA when it comes to choosing accomodation, and Hotel Spadari is a true gem!

I just came home and tired as I am, I owe this hotel owner and their wonderful team this review.

After running a marathon in Athens, I needed pampering in Milan, and Hotel Spadari delivered it all - spacious room, tasteful decoration, clean bathrooms, in-room breakfast, free juice and water in your fridge, finger snacks at the pantry.... what more can I ask for?

The team is wonderful! Juliana, who has been liaising with me regarding my reservation was prompt and responsive to all my emails. She even emailed me on the day of my marathon and wished me luck! This kind of personal touch differentiated Hotel Spadari from the other 4-star or 5-star hotels in Milan. The team is so sincere and helpful and I feel very grateful that I am spoiled throughout my stay.

I was so drained from the run and the non-stop walking and shopping in the city, I picked up my dinner at Peck, the local delicatssen with all sorts of goodies for two nights. I asked the pantry lady to re-heat the pasta for me, and u know what I ended up with........ my dinner nicely placed on a ceramic plate, on a wooden tray with table linen alongside with folk and knife, plus a small plate of bread and butter delivered to my room!!!!!! I felt so posh even eating in my own room.

The location, as everyone has mentioned is superb! U can't be more central and the area felt safe. Instead of brand-name shopping, don't miss the little streets along Brera, they are full of surprises - stationery stores, art galleries, local cashmere store, even the groceries and the bakeries are fun to visit.

I also noticed a bit of noise from the other rooms but it was tolerable. I slept like a log during my stay there when usually I have serious problems falling asleep away from home.

This is my third time in Milan and Hotel Spadari has made this the best visit of all. Thank You, the lovely team of Hotel Spadari!!!!!!!!

Jacqueline from Hong Kong who ran the Athens Marathon

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in October. The room and bathroom were very comfortable and included everything you need. Complimentary beverages in the mini bar was a real luxury. We had read that the hotel was in a central location but it isn't until you get there that you can appreciate how close it actually is from the Duomo and the main shopping area. The location of the hotel is just fantastic. The staff are helpful and friendly, even providing small bottles of water when we left in our car. Breakfast in the dining room was a little cramped but the ambiance was just charming. Having a choice of hot eggs was a delightful change from the scrambled eggs we had eaten for weeks in various hotels.
The only negative - and it was a huge one for us - was the noise. Not from the outside traffic as you might expect but from other rooms. Loud running water was continually flowing through the plumbing system and scraping noises from the floor above seemed never ending. You often experience these sorts of noises but they seemed amplified in our room and severely impacted our ability to fall asleep . A restful sleep is very important on a busy sightseeing trip so I don't think I could stay here again. This is such a shame because this hotel is perfect in every other way.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple