“Amazing theatre”

Ranked #15 of 807 things to do in Milan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This world-renowned opera house was built in 1778, where many composers wrote and conducted works including such greats as Rossini, Puccini, Verdi and Toscanini.
Iowa City, Iowa
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Amazing theatre”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is one spectacular theatre. If you have the chance, even just to peek inside, you should. I was privileged enough to see Swan Lake performed by the La Scala ballet company. The ballet was wonderful, rhythmic and mesmerizing. I don't "love" ballet, but I'm really glad I was able to go-- it is truly something I will never forget.

Visited May 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Swan Lake”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Scala is beautiful . We went to see the Ballet Swan Lake and we were not disappointed,the ballet itself was fantastic . We great time .I highly recommend it .

Visited May 2014
Palo Alto
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Magic, magic music”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I would imagine that a tour of the opera house is interesting, but to go inside and listen to the music is divine. I had a horrible seat (up in the nosebleed section behind a pillar) but I just closed my eyes and had a spiritual experience. The other nice thing is that instead of supertitles above the stage, each chairback has a small display with the words to the opera and you can choose English, Italian or French (at least at the opera that I saw). Don't miss!

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Swan Lake Première: Highlight of the Trip!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I thought it would be impossible to get a ticket at the Swan Lake Première...they were all sold out! But here is a tip: stay on the line two hours before the show and it is possible to buy one. I paid almost 140 Euros, and it was worth every penny. It is one of the most beautiful theaters that I have ever seen....and I have seen lots of them...

Miami, Florida
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Artistic”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It is not as big a building as you would expect and the outside is not that impressive but it is beautiful on the inside and it's acoustics are supposed to be the best. It is walking distance from the huge Galleria and across from it is a large monument to Leonardo de Vinci.