Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Ermmm

So alike others we found this extremely confusing to navigate - the map was not clear at all and... read more

Reviewed 13 March 2024
Megan C
Prada space not worth the price

If you want to experience a few "ho-hum" modernist pieces by Koons or his ilk this is the ticket... read more

Reviewed 26 April 2024
Lawrence T
Atlanta, Georgia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Milan
from £12.86
from £122.79
from £16.29
from £86.26
1,093 results
All reviews contemporary art bar luce permanent exhibits avant garde anderson tower cinema torre hurst culture metro stairs brand
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

Beyond the magnificence of an edifice that showcases intelligent restoration and optimum choice of construction materials, there are not much to wow in terms of the exhibition pieces. (The mind-blowing masterpiece by Jake & Dino Chapman is an exception.)

One huge distressing thing that ruined my visit was being told off not once but at least six times for being “too close” to the exhibit, even though I was at least 1 meter away. Hey, I am not a kid and it was definitely NOT my first time visiting a museum to know how to respect the art pieces. (In all fairness, almost every visitor got told off at least once) If the foundation is so sensitive about the exhibits, they should surround them with railings.

And don’t waste your energy climbing up the “Haunted House”. You won’t miss much. However, if you try to take a selfie at the exterior of this building block, a male staff will dash out to urge you not to lean onto their walls. He did stay there until we were finished. That is too much.

PS: the red arrows drawn in the attached photos indicate the point we were standing when we were grimly told to move back. The other photos are the exhibits. Enjoy.

Date of experience: February 2019
3  Thank nicholasl678
Reviewed 10 February 2019

awesome design, great exercise of design I would say... completely stupidly conceived for young parents or disabled on a wheelchair

steps everywhere, impossible to have a drink at the bar without the obnoxious steps (no ramps anywhere)... the main lift was out of order and we had to call for an assistant on every single floor to be brought up or down on a small secondary lift (long useless waits every time...)... cloakroom on the first floor, not on the usual ground floor, so two mandatory flights of stairs.... design lavatories with malfunctioning red and green bulbs, very annoying.....

the visit was completely ruined, and nobody mentioned anything when we paid for our tickets

total nightmare, keep out

Date of experience: February 2019
2  Thank Guerino G
Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

It is a modern building that exhibits different works from contemporary artist. Although some works were very interesting and captivating, i found that there was a lot of space with nothing, I mean, I entered in big areas where they kept three or four pieces of art. I might say that I was a little deceived.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank jmcomposer
Reviewed 21 January 2019

Going to visit Fondazione Prada was one of my best experiences in Milan. The complex of buildings it's impressive, and the projects are genuinely recommended to see.

The organisation of the exhibition is a bit confusing. You will start at the exit really, and if you decide to leave your jacket/bags (bigger bags are obligatory to be stored away) at this point, you will be going outside, to reach to other buildings, without jacket which in January is so so. Finding the entrance into some buildings could be challenging as well, but I would still qualify it as a part of the experience, even better if you keep your jacket on. The visit to the Hunted House (one of the buildings) is timed, so one needs to pay attention. Our admission was nearly 3 hours away from the time of the entrance, and we ended up asking if we could enter earlier. We were told it was possible, but only because it wasn't busy at that time, they usually are quite strict with the admission time. Some of the buildings were closed, so that was a bit disappointing, but we managed to see the majority of the exhibitions.

Photographing is allowed everywhere except Hunted House. The bookstore at the exit was quite disappointing — an inferior selection of relevant books and references. I badly wanted to get a book on my favourite artist Damien Hirst (exhibiting there), but there was none, apart of a very small brochure related to the past exhibition.

Apart from those organisational flaws, the exhibits are fantastic and some of them extraordinary. While I was walking through the rooms, I found myself being exposed to a range of emotions and some of them quite strong. There is a time needed for all art to sink in and to produce some emotional and intellectual response so please allow yourself to be there for a while and not to rush through. Some projects are designed the way to make people stop and observe especially those involving sound.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 16 January 2019

For modern art and design lovers this is probably the hottest place on earth. The opening of the tower and the new exhibition added on somenthing already extraordany.

Date of experience: May 2018