“Love this place”

Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. As adventurous Americans in Milan, we traveled some distance on the subway and walked a bit to get to Denzel's for dinner. We were not disappointed. Delicious burgers and housemade chips were just what we needed after nearly a month of pasta and pizza, which had all been scrumptious but we longed for a good hamburger. Great food aside, it was our server and the owners who made our meal at Denzel's so special. While we don't keep Kosher, finding a kosher restaurant in Milan was special for us, as was the fact that the owner gave my husband a kippah to keep and sweetly joined my husband for a picture, as did the other owner, who I believe is his wife. All in all, this was a special dinner. We highly recommend Denzel's. Good food, good people.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a mixed experience. We were looking forward to eating Israeli and kosher. Falafel was excellent, as was hummus. Burger did not meet my (picky) husband's standards because he felt it was too chewy and there were bits of fat. Lamb-burger very good, as is the hamburger bread and all the sauces. Enjoyed the Israeli beer. Staff really nice and generous.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We keep Kosher and someone recommended this restaurant. First of all, I am not sure how Kosher it is because when we came there was not one person with a Kipa; this includes the restaurant employees. And the sign does not mention Kosher at all. Secondly, the people were extremely rude to us. When we came, they said that they had no room for us but if we start immediately we could have a table for 25 minutes. I offered to come back later and they said OK for 2.5 hours later. And we were only two people! I felt that they made no effort at all of accommodate us. When I asked for directions to another Kosher restaurant, they gave us wrong directions and we bummed around for 30 minutes. When we returned to the restaurant they then gave us the correct address.

The restaurant itself looks shabby. You enter a narrow vestibule crowded with diners and there is another dining room downstairs. We ended up eating at Salomone which is a much nicer place.

I would not recommend this place at all.

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

So I was maybe a bit harsh on the ratings...not THE best burger I've ever had, but yummy nonetheless and if you want to have meat while abroad in milan but you only do kosher then definitely visit them.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have read great reviews about the Denzel Burger. I went in with high expectations, and I ended up quite disappointed. It's still a good burger, but not even comparable to other gourmet burgers such as Al Mercato. Good kosher restaurant, but lower your expectations if you go check it out.