“Lovely modern and quirky hotel”

Hotel Mediolanum Milan
Ranked #39 of 427 Hotels in Milan
York, United Kingdom
“Lovely modern and quirky hotel”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a total of 3 nights. The hotel was in a great location; right next to central station, and about a 30 minute stroll into the city centre. The area the hotel was in was peaceful but not too far away from the attractions. We chose a Superior/Deluxe room, which was really clean and modern. The bathroom was really nice, we got new towels and accessories (e.g. shower cap, shower gel etc.) everyday. The room had electric shutters and blinds which was good to keep the light out when taking a nap after a long day. The bed was also very comfortable, and the use of the mini fridge was very helpful. We loved the idea of the chromotherapy, we thought this was a very unique selling point for the hotel. The room we stayed in was on the top floor and at the front of the hotel, I think we were quite lucky with this as when reading other peoples reviews they said it was quite noisy, but we did not experience this. When booking through an online travel agent we were able to leave a comment on our preference, so we asked for double bed as the rooms were advertised as twin/double, so I would advise you do do that as well. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The bar area and lobby looked really funky, although we didn't have time to use these spaces. The breakfast was delicious; there was plenty to chose from. All in all we thought this hotel was great value for money and really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely recommend to friends and anyone else looking to stay in a boutique style hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a superior/deluxe room because I think these are the ones which include the interesting use o...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for a week. The hotel is located in a safe clean area close to the main station. It offers good value for the money. The receptionists were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good with many options and a friendly server. The hotel is not that fancy and the rooms are not that spacious, but we expected that. The hotel lived to our expectations.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lillie_Mc
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Very nice hotel in a quiet street. Close (5-7 min walk) to the Central Station and other Metro station. Room and bathroom were very clean, comfortable bed, clean shower, every day new towels,... Breakfast was very good with the most friendly waiter ever.

I'd recommend this to all of my friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris France
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Although the rooms are too close together- making it noisy, the CHROMOTHERAPY (Superior and deluxe rooms only) really helps you switch off. Lovely surprise and original idea.
The staff are friendly and my room was very clean.
Sadly, my fridge was not cold!

Room Tip: If it were not for the splendid bathroom and the in-room light therapy, I would not have thought I w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2012

A small hotel good for biz traveller. WiFi reception is good. Breakfast is noy bad when you know how much you pay. Someone may not like it as it is somehow noisy during the night. Well maybe it is in the city center but for me it us totally minor. Of course you have plenty of choice for a similar deal in Milan. Yet, this is one of its best.

• Stayed March 2012
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 26 February 2012

this is the best hotel that I've ever stayed in. I was looking for hotels where we (me and my girlfriend) could cap are night off as part of her birthday celebration. I walked in the hotel to booked on the same night and to my luck there was a room available. right then and there they offered an early check in (and it was only 8 in the morning) it was great because it gave me time to set up the room. I checked the room and was a bit disappointed to how small it was so I asked if they could move me into a bigger room and to my delight, not only did they said yes...they upgraded us from a standard room into a deluxe double room free of charge!!

I started setting up the room. bringing some balloons, flowers and cake etc. but i noticed the sheet didn't quite mix with the theme, i called reception and asked if they have anything red the receptionist said no so that was that but after a few minutes the receptionist called me and said he checked, they don't have red but if I want...someone will bring up some sheets closer to red and I can choose which bed sheets suited to my liking.

even after the receptionist said no, he made sure that he did everything he could, he double checked for me.... and if what the customer wants is not available he offered an alternative solution.

everything was set....we spent the night and my girlfriend had a splendid night. the room is very modern, and very lively! they have mixed the colors and furniture set up quite perfectly.

the following morning there was a breakfast buffet downstairs, they offer quite a selection and they are fresh! I love the pastries they offered. my girlfriend and I were a bit embarrassed to get another cup of coffee cause it was like our nth time, Domenico noticed our dilemma and came to our tabled asked us if we wanted something else. we told him about our silly argument about who shall get the cup of coffee. he smiled and said he'll see what he can do, he left for awhile and came back with a pitcher. i thought he will just a pour us a cup but instead he left us the pot of hot steaming coffee and another pot for steamed milk! talk about world class customer service!

to cap everything off they also offered us a late check out.

it just seems to good to be true....but it's not. good is an understatement.

not only is it good but they made our stay even for just a night a perfect one. i will definitely comeback and will refer it to everyone who would listen cause I'll never get tired telling this perfect experience.

P.S. they are a gay/lesbian friendly facility (base solely on our experience)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I have just returned from an overnight stay in Milan with a friend. We stayed at the Hotel Mediolanum, 10 mins walk from the central station where the bus dropped us from Bergamo Airport, and a very pleasant 30 minute walk through a park & along an interesting road to the Duomo in the centre of Milan, passing lots of little bars & cafes for good stop-offs and great clothes shopping. The hotel was well modernised with bright colours & mood lighting. The hotel staff were particularly helpful and they served a very reasonable breakfast with hot English tea. They recommended 2 good restaurants very nearby. We went to the Settembrini 18 for a decent meal in the evening, with the biggest ham & melon starter I've ever eaten and Mamma Rosa for lunch the next day for scrummy pasta & prosecco. Would recommend hotel & restaurants highly.

Room Tip: We chose a high-up room which was not noisy
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends