1,127 results
All reviewstrain stationeconomy roommilano centraleconvenient locationjunior suitegood sizesmall roomstayed one nightbreakfast room iscoffee machinebreakfast was includedyour luggageminute walkmodern hotelexcellent locationreception deskreception area
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel. The room is of a good size, with all the necessary amenities. We arrived late and Vanessa, who was at reception, ensured that our check-in was smooth. The entrance of the hotel has stairs (to go to reception), but there is a porter who will carry your luggage down the stairs to the reception area for you. Vanessa provided us with a map of the area, explained how to get to the subway - using the underground passage located about a 2 minute walk from the hotel, making it extremely convenient! Just remember to take the exit for Via Torriani or Via Pisani on your return, otherwise you will probably end up in the station and will have to walk a bit longer to get back to the hotel. (There is a McDonalds in the station, for anyone who fancies it.) She also recommended a gelato place to us, Le Tre Gazzelle, which was a great recommendation (see my review). We requested an iron and ironing board and when we've finished checking in and went up to our room, the porter was waiting for us with these items outside of our hotel room. These items remained in our room for the duration of our stay. Tea/Coffee-making facilities are not in the room, but available from reception and can be kept in the room for the duration of your stay. The lighting in the room is a bit dim and it's difficult to get ready without opening the curtains - the full-length mirror in the room was a definite bonus! The beds are extremely comfortable!

The bathroom is of a good size, but there are few drawbacks. Ours had a bathtub with a small screen, which resulted in water from the shower spraying into the rest of the bathroom - it would be advisable to invest in a larger screen, or convert the bath to a shower stall. The second drawback was the location of the hairdryer - as it was attached to the bathroom wall and was quite high up, with a short cord, it was difficult to use.

The breakfast was another drawback. As other reviews have indicated the breakfast room is quite small and although we didn't have any issues with securing a table, there were a few who had to wait for a short while before a table was ready. The staff are very attentive, clearing away plates and ready to assist whenever required. Rishi, the chef, was extremely cheerful and chatty. The food was the same everyday and not really of a quality you would expect from a 4-star or a Best Western establishment. Cooked pasta, quiche and roasted aubergine are not my ideal dishes for a breakfast. The boiled eggs were also freezing cold - which was a first for me.

In the lounge area, there is a constant supply of hot water (for tea), coffee and cookies - this can come in handy when you get the munchies.

If you walk out of the hotel and turn right, there are some restaurants there for anyone who is stuck and needs a meal quickly. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but has teamed up with a nearby restaurant who will provide you with room service. I didn't try it so can't comment.

Overall, the hotel is very conveniently located and it is a quick subway ride (or two, depending on your destination), to all the sites. The hotel sells subway tickets, so there's no need to worry about purchasing them at the station.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1sm1
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Newly refurbished hotel with a very comfortable location right next to the Milano Centrale.
Junior suit has a lot of space, nice bath&shower compartment,
Do not avoid the bar, it has the best pina colada cocktail i have ever tried in Milan.
Best Overal Value, look no further....

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Fedot
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hotel looked so so from the outside. Getting better in the inside / foyer. And finally, we were pleasantly surprised by how large and pleasant our room was (it was just a standard one). Modern & stylish decor, high ceiling and lush comfy bed. All facilities were there (safe, minifridge aircon etc). Parking was available but we didn't need to use theirs as street parking was free all August. It's just across central station but this is not city centre. However it is only 2 minutes to subway and therefore around 15mins to city centre (duomo, shops etc). Staff was helpful and hospitable, especially the ones during breakfast - very hospitable people genuinely happy to make yours a pleasant stay.

We stayed for 3 nights and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

So close to Milan Central station with just 5 mins easy walk. The hotel looks old outside, but all the room seems to be newly renovated and very modern. Reception and breakfast room staffs are all very polite and helpful. Room is large and clean. Good recommendation if you need one close to station with reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

3) Breakfast is not bad

I like this hotel but
Cons are
1) It would be good to have more fruits variety in the breakfast
2) Customer service-The hotel staff is not really friendly , there's this male staff at the reception who never smile and bit arrogant. When I asked him to help call a a taxi, he didn't tell the taxi driver my destination and I had to instruct the driver again unlike my experience at taiwan.
When a guest asked to have taxi to be called, all they need to do is to do it accordingly but he seem reluctant and i was firmed about it and insisted i wanted a taxi and not train service.

Another incident- I asked for kettle as I need to boil my instant noodles, the staff just handed me the kettle and I had to carry it to the room myself. Seriously is this the common practice in Europe? But fine, I did it anyway since it is not heavy.

I place alot of emphasis on customer service so for this area, I felt them lacking.

3) I didn't have good quality sleep because my neighbours were too noisy with the banging of doors (this is not the hotel's fault)

I would still recommend this hotel to others but I won't be back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo