1,141 results
All reviews train station economy room milano centrale convenient location junior suite good size small room stayed one night breakfast room is coffee machine breakfast was included your luggage minute walk modern hotel excellent location reception desk reception area
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Ok, we missed our train to cinque terre after travelling all day and we walked in and for $100 euro we got a delightful economy room. It was just we needed and they had a very nice happy hour I think for 8 euros. It incl wine and some very nice tapas.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you only need to sleep pick an economy room.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Out of all the hotels we stayed in on our recent trip, this establishment certainly stood out. Right from when we first arrived we were impressed by the politeness and friendliness of the staff. We were rather early in arriving, but the gentleman in reception locked our bags in a secured area and suggested we check with him at approx. noon. We came back just before noon to be told our room was ready and what a room it was. A coffee machine was available 24 hours in the foyer and the wi fi was free. Breakfast was included and was rather substantial. What we really noticed was the friendliness of the staff. Every time we walked past the reception desk we were always greeted with a smile, regardless of who was on duty. We certainly recommend this hotel. As we were travelling to Rome by train, the hotel was also very handy to the main train station.

1  Thank Colin S
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The location was superb being close to Centrale FS overground and the underground on the near corner. Breakfast was good with plenty of tables and space. We appreciated the prompt fixing of the slow basin drain and the fact that tea and coffee making facilities were provided on request. The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful with our requests including booking the Bernina Express. Happy hour was well provided for too - lovely tapas and a great chance to talk with other guests.

I wasn't keen on the décor in our junior suite (room 512). Although it was probably meant to be trendy, I look for a welcoming décor when away from home and the room wasn't welcoming for me. The chairs need to be fabric for comfort, these were slippery, taut vinyl, the floor was dark, shabby looking wood veneer, the room was dark in spite of the large corner windows and the deep burgundy curtain colour did not lighten the décor either. If not for the décor this hotel would get an excellent rating from us. Anyway it meant I only spent the dark hours in the room and got to see plenty of Milan which was a gorgeous city.

There was a fair bit of noise coming from the other rooms too and I am sure carpet would help this problem.

Room Tip: Ours was a junior suite, I did hear a couple of guests complaining that their standard rooms were small. Ours wasn't small but I don't think it warrants being called a suite.
1  Thank jagk4
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very professional front office staff. Asked for and received one of the recently rennovated rooms facing the back. Room 322 I think. Clean, large by Italian standards with a bath in the bathroom. Nice sheets and quality pillows. In a great location for access to one of the main railway stations in the city. Walkable back into the city center too. Lots of eating options nearby. Hotel breakfast ok to good but "warm" food not kept warm and limited fruit options.
Had reasonable wi-fi access in the room the first night but the hotel's wi-fi connection was not connected to the web the second night. Frustrating as the hotel's wired in PC in the downstairs area was so slow on this night.

Room Tip: There is a large construction site happening at the front but with double glazed windows and individual room air cond I do not think that this would affect sleep quality
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeenPhotographer-11
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am a single traveler staying for 5 weeks in Italy. Hotel Atlantic was all it was ad ertised to be. The staff was friendly and helpful even selling metro passes at the front desk.

The location, very near Milano centrale FS was easy to find. It was possible to get everywhere by metro, a real plus.

Then room was ultra modern and had everything I needed including lovely big fluffy bath towels.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for good value and a convenient location.

Room Tip: I was there on a Friday night so it was a little noisy outside but otherwise loved the 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo