“Great hotel!”

Ranked #60 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Helsinki, Finland
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good quality as Best Westerns always is! Garden view room was quiet and comfortable. Perfect! Breakfast was better than you would ever hope, they served sparkling vine :) Hotel is really close to the central station, and has a metro access 20 m from the main door. By walking it took 20-30 mins to the D'uomo, so the location was ideal!
Recommend!

Room Tip: Upper floors (3-6) with garden view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wonderer484

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for 6 nights from the 29th Apr, wanted to see a bit of Milan and also use Milan as a base for some day trips around the North, so from a location point of view, perfect. 30 sec walk to Metro, vitually across the road from Central. The room was spacious and there was a small loft area for the mini bar and a wardrobe. It was well maintained, the cleaning staff did a great job of tidying around our organised chaos. I would like to compliment Rishi who is in charge of the breakfast area, the range of food was great, and his small team very efficient. Rishi made sure we felt spoilt from the moment we arrived and he sets the tone for the day with his enthusiasm. I found the 2 desktop computers downstairs useful as my laptop had broken down. Full marks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MickyBtravel
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here for a night in May and were allocated two bedrooms on the ground floor.
It was within walking distance (about 7 min) to the Milano Centrale.
Check in was quick. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were reasonably sized.
Unfortunately, I could hear noises at night because our room was on the ground floor.
Not advised for light sleepers!
Breakfast had limited variety but sufficient for our needs.

Overall, a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the ground floor!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were only in Milan for one day, and we opted to stay at the Best Western Atlantic. We were traveling with our six-week-old son, and they provided us with an in-room crib, and offered to store our stroller for us (the room was big enough for both, though). The hotel is very nice, with rooms that are surprisingly large by Italian standards. The staff are ridiculously friendly and helpful. For dinner, the receptionist recommended a fantastic restaurant to us that was only about a five-minute walk from the hotel.

The location is great in that it's only a few minutes away from the train station by foot. So you can get into town and relax quickly. It's about a 30-minute walk from the city center (Piazza Duomo), but that's really just because Milano Centrale isn't especially centrale.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Malmö
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Milan with friends and stayed at this hotel, dubble bedroom with an extra bed. Clean and comfortable in every way.

The staff were kind and serviceminded, answered every question we had and sometimes with a joke.

Breakfast was included and was average, coffe from a machine, juice from concentrate, poor selection of bread but a wide spread off sweets. Some cereal, yoghurt and fruitsalad. Scrambled and ordinary eggs, saisage, cheese, ham and mozzarella. Tried to charm you with some sparkiling wine after breakfast, but it's an unnessisary luxury when the breakfast isn't tjat good.

1 Thank Fruelement
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Lovely corner room steps to train and metro. Spacious nice slipper towels. The staffpeskonder English and are helpful. Manycoice note buffet breakfast which is included.complimentary wifi. I'd come back.

Room Tip: 512 is a nice corner Jr suite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Zurich
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What I liked most about the "Best Western Atlantic" was the location, as it's very close to Milano Centrale Stazione, so a good choice if your travelling early the next day. The hotel is competitively priced and I also found the reception desk helpful and efficient.

After checking into the hotel, I noticed a member of the hotel staff starring at me in an uncomfortable way. Usually I would'nt bother to mention such a trivial thing, but as a paying guest who had just arrived to this hotel from a foreign country, I did'nt feel like a welcomed guest and I felt unsafe. This gentlemen did'nt welcome me to the hotel nor ask if he help with carrying my bags to the room, he just continued to stare at me and I wondered what on earth was going on as I had never met him before.

Upon entering the room, I noticed that it had not been aired, it was extremely warm and I immediately started sweating and could'nt breathe easily because of the heat. The air conditioning made very little difference to the temperature. Fortunately the room had a window that I could open, where I could take a respite.

Some additional comments :

The room although several floors up was facing the street and noisy at night.

I didn't like the video cameras in the hallways on all of the floors.

The TV didn't work.

The price of a beer on the menu from room service was 10 EUR, which I find to be too steep.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room that is next to the street, as it's too noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo