“Not good”

Mokinba Hotel Montebianco
Ranked #361 of 428 Hotels in Milan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Okay, so this wasn't the Ritz Laguna Beach but for business I was actually pleasantly surprised, given the price etc. So here's the drill: I was here for work and assigned this hotel (as opposed to looking for something). It was interesting in that I felt as if I had been thrown into downtown NYC, not speaking the language, having never been, and having no idea where I was. So I'm looking at a map not knowing if I will be in Times Square or The Bronx. And those are two very different choices, my friends. Add a taxi strike on top of that and for the first time in years I had a bit of trepidation.

First, the hotel. The staff was the friendliest I had run into during a week in Italy. Absolutely first rate, helpful, etc. The hotel itself was very small, very european in that regard. The room itself was two tiny twins pushed together (not unusual for Europe but I typically avoid these). And the room was very small/tight, to include the bathroom> I could barely turn in the shower and I'm a small man. Having said that, it was well kept. I equate it to a very tiny Marriott. Tile and carpets were all extremely well maintained so, while everything was tight, I didn't feel as if I were in a low end hotel at all. So for the money I thought it was a great value.

Now, the location. Lotta graffiti around. Interestingly, there is a Price Waterhouse Coopers across the street so I'm guessing their staff stays here a fair amount. You are only a few blocks from their convention center so that is very convenient if that's why you are in town. You can walk. But only a few restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend Little Havana (or something of that sort) across from PwC building. Food was absolutely outstanding! There is also a place on the other side of the hotel, across from Melia hotel, that was fantastic. But if you walk a few blocks in other directions it gets a little dicey fairly quickly so keep an eye out as you move around. It was not the Bronx by any stretch but it isn't Kansas, either, toto, to pay attention to your surroundings after a few blocks. You can take the train about 15 minutes into the center of Milan for sight seeing and shopping. Only 1.5 Euro, so a bargain at that, via the subway (subway very clean and very safe).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2012

20 mts from Lotto satation myself & a friend stayed here for one night during a trip to see Inter Milan play at the San Siro which is about a 20 min walk away. we payed 40 euros for each room a bargain, the facilitys were adiquate & the rooms very clean. The only complaint would be i am sure i could hear the rumble of the underground (i was in room 224).
We had a warm welcome on arrival from the girl behind reception and she even brough our room time forward by an hour for us as we arrived early, a map of the city was available all you have to do is ask reception. We also asked is there were any cafe's in the vicinity and they were only too happy to help.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Located only one minute walk from Lotto metro station. When we needed to eat in the late evening - Autogrill is available on the next street.

Just 45euro per night via booking.com!

Very hard pillows, which looks like a standard Italian problem... Luggage keeping costs extra money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Except the fact that this hotel is near the metro station, the service is really bad. Stayed there on February with my wife for 3 nights. The room was tiny & dirty, i think was 216 or 236. It was no empty space for 2 persons even for 1 person. When i told to reception that the room was very small, she told me very roudly that the price was very low (55 € per night) and that was the reason that they gave us this room (i suppose this room is for one person). But the offer in Booking.com was for a room for 2 persons and not for a coop. The worst thing about the hotel was the underground driving past it what resulted in a little earthquake every few minutes. Breakfast is only until 9:30 AM and was extremely poor. Also they have a machine for the orange juice which wasn't work. So the staff come to us and they asked if we want orange juice to bring us and we accepted because we thought that was included in the breakfast. Of course at the check out we discovered that wasn't included and they charged us 3euros per glass (very small glass). At the check out we had a hugh fight with the receptionist who was very roud and finally she kept the change and she didn't edit invoice of the stay. I met this situation first time in a 4* hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PANOS21

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Except the fact that this hotel is near the metro station, the service is really bad. No real help from the reception: no information about the city and around, eating facilities (they have no restaurant). Breakfast is only until 9:30 AM. They welcome you coldly as if you disturb them and shouldn't be asking questions.. The rooms are too small and cold even if there is heating! The sheets are non existent and getting an extra blanket seems to be something odd to ask... Furthermore, there is no cable TV. It is not a 4 stars hotel but rather a mere 1 star one. They charge a pre-payment on your credit card without telling you and don't make the difference when you check out. I am still waiting for this to be cancelled when it should have been done automatically as soon as I paid the full amount while checking out!!!!!! They leave dirty towels on your belongings (luggage) after cleaning and don't put enough toilet paper in your bathroom. They open your door without knocking even if you left the "do not disturb" leaflet on your door. For families, families with childen, friends or adventure travelers I do not recommend them to stay in that bad quality hotel, which looks more like a hostel.

• Stayed December 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We chose this hotel because it was within our price range and was located right outside a subway stop. The subways are fast in Milan so staying away from the Duomo area was not a problem for us. Everything was good, and the breakfast was above average. I was a little disappointed that we had to pay for breakfast, but there was a large selection.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple