“Very good hotel”

UNA Hotel Mediterraneo
Ranked #128 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Just few stops away from piazza duomo, the hotel looks modern and fresh. Breakfast is of good quality and nice variety. Get a room on the top floors for a nice view. Juan and Cristina from the reception made my stay very comfortable. I would go back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for UNA Hotel Mediterraneo

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I dont understand the bad reviews for this hotel?

We had a superior room (so dont know the standard ones)-but our room was very spacious (for Europe standards), the room had all sorts of amenities, the bed was good size and everything was really clean.

The breakfast is quite simple but ok.

The location is great for nice restaurants etc and only 3 metro stops away from Duomo. Navigli is also 4-5 tram stops away. I will definetely book back this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denizoskay
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I've visited this hotel earlier and I can personally recommend this hotel being customer friendly, peaceful and offering a very reasonable breakfast.
Rooms are clean and internet is available with reasonable costs. Personel are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 February 2014

It's very clean and nice hotel , staff are very friendly , but it's expensive specially it's so far from the city center , the breakfast is very good , room is very clean and nice and if you really want to get an amazing shower you should go to this hotel !! :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank P S
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel with some friends when we went to see Hanson in concert at the Magazzini Generali in Milan.

This is a really nice hotel, part of the UNA chain. We were very impressed with the friendly, professional welcome we were giving upon checking in.

The rooms were very spacious, with an interesting, modern decor and plenty of complimentary toiletries. I understand that an upgrade will get you a room with free wifi - personally I think all hotels should offer free wifi in this day and age. This would be my only complaint about the UNA, although we knew it in advance anyway.

The only other slight criticism was that we all had the feeling that the bar staff were trying to get rid of us when we were sitting in the bar/reception area late at night after the concert. The bar was already closed (we were told that in no uncertain terms) but we were just chatting; we weren’t loud and none of us had been drinking, so we were certainly not a rowdy crowd. However, at one point someone (we think it was the bar staff) put some really loud music on, which made it impossible for us to hear each other. That was a bit disappointing as the service we had received so far had been good. I’m glad to say that on the following day, the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful as they had been the day before.

Breakfast was good and there was plenty of choice at the buffet.

I would recommend this hotel if you need to be located in that particular area of Milan - although if you are looking for a place with a bar to hang out afterwards, maybe you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank paperopoli
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Have stayed at UNA Hotel Mediterraneo many a times as my office had a special rates with this hotel.

the hotel has one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in with little space to move around and with 2 people in the room it felt like we were competing for breathing air in the room (slight exaggeration)... In winters the heating system of the hotel was tremendously under pressure resulting in very cold rooms... Also the lights used in the room was highly energy saving which basically meant extremely low lighting in the room... Overall many a shortcomings !!

Breakfast very basic with limited choice of fresh food, a lot of bakery (cakes etc) were on display but seriously who would want to eat cakes in the morning....

Only decent thing about the hotel was the staff who were nice and polite ....

Even after the special rate, the hotel was almost as expensive as any other 4 star hotel around.. This hotel claims to be a 4 star but I would give it no more than 2 star having stayed at a number of 4 and 3 star hotels in Milan..

I wouldn't want to stay here ever if I had a choice !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AV_Surrey
UnaMediterraneo, Direttore at UNA Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear AV Surrey,
I would like to thank you to have left your opinion on TripAdvisor. This will help us to monitor the quality of our services.
I apologize for the negative impression you had about the room, the temperature in all our rooms is usually setted on 20° C. and are all equipped with 5/6 lighting points; I invite you to try the comfort of one of the Superior Rooms that are all of 21 sq. m.
I want to apologize as well for the negative impression you had on the buffet breakfast that usually is very appreciated by our guests, in fact in addition to fresh bakery products, we offer 4 kind of bread, toastes, scramble eggs, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, 4 different kind of cold cuts, 4 different kind of cheese, fresh mozzarella, fresh salad, fresh tomatoes and fresh carrots.
I thank you very much on behalf of all the staff for the good words you spent about them.
We hope to see you soon at UNA Hotel Mediterraneo to offer you a new experience in our hotel.
Best Regards.

Luca Giuliano

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during an academic conference. The room was small but clean. The walls didn't protect from the street or corridor noises. However, the street does not have much traffic and the hotel was quite quiet anyway. I had no problems with the noises although they could be heard occasionally.

The location is really good for the subway and trams. The neighborhood isn't anything special but you can get quite easily to Duomo and central station.

The breakfast was great. Fresh breads, hams, cheeses, bacon and eggs. Especially delicious cakes, croissants and coffee were luxurious compared to many of the other hotels I have visited during last few months. Of course, there was also a lot of healthy fruits. After having visited three weeks USA hotels this breakfast was a fantastic. In USA you pay twice as much for the room and you still get food that can't be eaten even by European street dogs.

In general, nice and clean hotel in a good location. Nothing special except finally good European breakfasts. The quality of the food is simply so much better than in USA that its worth of the 4th star.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business