“Great hotel for great price.”
Review of Hotel Raffaello

Hotel Raffaello
Ranked #146 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Luhansk, Luhans'ka Oblast', Ukraine
“Great hotel for great price.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Raffaello hotel for three nights and it was an excellent stay for the money we paid. In front of the hotel there is a stop of tram number 14 that takes you to the very center of Milan (Duomo). The taxi to the center was not expensive. The hotel stuff was very welcoming, helpful and friendly. The room was cleaned every day. The breakfast was great. Tasty and a good variety of bread, fruits, jams and so on. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only minus I found was that due to the cold weather not common for the first part of October it was rather cold in the room cause of the absence of the central heating which is usually on after October, 15th. That was not the fault of the hotel. But we were given extra blankets and that was very sweet! We enjoyed our stay in the Raffaello hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Bagnara di Romagna, Italy
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

4 nights, more than 500 euros: could be good for a 4 stars, but that was not my experience.
Room was a closet-size one, free wifi but really slow and unstable, not enough even to check emails. The first night there was a rainshover and I could hear every single drop falling on the metal ductwork air, so I could sleep just few hours.
Breakfast: the hotel was full booked because of some fairs in Milan, so often I had a hard time finding food and even a free seat, there were just few waiters freeing tables; one morning I had to wait standing, asking two times for a seat, before being invited to share a table with another man, where the waiter had just put a tablecloth and nothing more...
I'm not used to complain, I don't ask too much from a hotel apart some good sleep and a decent breakfast, but I really felt like I was in some kind of "Pensione Adalgisa" in Miramare and I wonder if that was a fair price.
Perhaps I walked into the wrong door and that was not your hotel, otherwise I can't explain other reviews.
Or simply you rely on Milan trade fairs to squeeze your guests (or chickens, if you prefer).

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ermes_Sp
Paris, France
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this four star hotel over a very busy weekend during Milan Fashion Week. Located in the northwest of the city, it has excellent connection with the Duomo with the 14 Line Tramway which is literally located across the road. The rooms are adequate in both space and amenities with a great shower and toilet/bidet. I found the mattress rather hard but I was very impressed by the quality of the bed linen (which was changed daily). A pity that the TVs have not been changed to flat screens. My room overlooked the garden/main Viale Certosa street but was considerably quiet. The breakfast included in the rate was an excellent buffet with both hot and cold items. The staff were professional and service oriented (with the exception of a very animated male receptionist which under pressure was shouting at a Chinese customer!). There was free wifi access throughout the hotel (during my stay they changed their procedure of needing an ID and password to access the Wifi).
Eventhough the hotel is not located in a top area in Milan, I felt quite safe throughout my stay. I found the hotel rate an excellent value for a Milanese four star hotel during Fashion Week.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Caris25
Praha
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were staying for 8 nights, our stay was nice, the staff was friendly and the rooms correspond with price.
But we have problems with payment. We paid by credit card and got the payment confirmation. In a few days hotel staff called me and want our credit card details, they claimed that they did a mistake and the payment was not done. Then I got a few emails regarding our credit cards details. I checked it with my bank and the payment was withdrawn..
I informed them and got just short answer ,, we will finished the payment" nobody even apologize for that....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here while attending a conference in Late August. Weather was quite warm and humid, but the air conditioning in my room failed to work. It actually took me a day to fully realize this, I thought it was just weak or needed to run for a long time. To be fair, they did offer to switch my room for me, but I was afraid of what I might get ("better the devil you know") and I thought it would be less trouble for all if they would just lend me an oscillating fan which would be good enough. They did, but it broke down after the first day I used it too. Luckily I had started adjusting to the heat by this time and just didn't want to go through the effort to ask the desk for something yet again for fear of looking like a pain in the butt.
Shower head in the bathroom was also leaking badly on my arrival, generating little pressure, and eventually by the 3rd or 4th day the hose came undone from the shower head permanently. Again, I just dealt with it and didn't complain. I just macgyvered it with a piece from a pen to get the hose to stay attached and made do.

So the bottom line is that the upkeep of the equipment and facilities seems a bit lax here.

However, the staff were very friendly. Also, every morning there was a free breakfast with a very decent spread, in my opinion. Nothing fancy, but it doesn't need to be! Eggs, one or two kinds of cheese and meat, toast, buns, coffee, juice, fresh fruit, fruit salads, canned fruit, etc. I gather it is rare to find this in Italy.

The location is not close to the city center, but the tram system is quite good and the #14 stops right in front of the hotel and will take you straight to the Duomo square.

Bed was quite firm. Room was small but adequate. Safe was small and could not fit my laptop but could fit an ipad.

There's a great little pizza place across the road, Aladino or something like that. The guys in there are very friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure your AC unit works and your shower works. Don't be shy like I was to complain if it d...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were staying for 3 nights and found the position great. Tram was just over the road and took us into the Duomo area so ideal for getting into the centre.If you like a late breakfast then the last 30 mins of service food was sparse so that was disappointing. Great hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank riabella
Sliema, Malta
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The service was great and the location was what I needed as we could visit Pazza Duomo and San Siro by public transport from a stage opposite the hotel.

Average rating is because i could hear both noises from the street and from the next room. Another thing that bothered was the fact that we had to sit down for breakfast early due to tight schedule and once we finished from breakfast the hot food came out.

Room Tip: Don't chose a room on the side of the road
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends