“Very good hotel”

Novotel Milano Linate Airport
Ranked #121 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very good hotel: convenient, clean,modern, nice atmosphere. We can feel that there's a good management and happy staff, stable and a very good service with particular regards to bar, restaurant and reception staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GAiuto, Direttore at Novotel Milano Linate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your enthusiastic remarks: your satisfaction is our greatest reward.

Best regards from the whole staff.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Well placed in the vicinity of Linate airport, good choice if you need to catch a morning plane, but probably not a good one to visit the city. The shuttle service was very useful and goes every 20 minutes if I remember correctly; it takes 10 minutes to get the airport when there is not so much traffic.
Comfortable room, although nothing special (actually our shower had problems with the drain). Breakfast was very rich and diversified.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GAiuto, Direttore at Novotel Milano Linate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your positive review.
We hope to to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is only a short taxi ride from the airport which was great after a long day of travel.
The buildings entrance is quite clinical but don't let put you off.
The reception staff were very welcoming and quick and efficient especially as quite a number if guests had arrived at a similar time.
The rooms are clean ,tidy and functional and the bed quite firm but comfortable.
We arrived late in the day and didn't want a great deal to eat so we sat at the bar and looked through a menu.
I saw a picture of beautiful tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and olive oil..it wasn't on the menu but the staff willingly made a version of this for us..this was yummy and we were very grateful that they were so obliging.
Breakfast was served in our room and was very generous.
It was an early morning start and the checkout was very efficient .
A pleasant place to stay

1  Thank Robert D

Dear Guest,

thanks for your appreciation on our staff and services. We take the opportunity to inform the visitors to call directly the hotel reception when you are at Linate Airport to organize the pick up (from 6am to 11pm).

Best regards from the whole staff.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Much better than I expected for an older airport hotel close to Linate (the older, smaller, inter-Europe airport for Milan).
I had an early morning (6:45 AM) flight... so I picked this hotel because of its location and previous TA reviews. There are no hotels any closer to Linate. It's just two exits away, right ON the highway. You can easily see it when driving in from the north. I haven't stayed in a Novotel since the 90's, when they were REALLY spartan... no fond memories of the chain. In fact, I've actually avoided them. This time, there was no better option. Much to my surprise, it was a definite step up from the old days. I only had one real problem... the free Wi-fi signal was non-existent in my room and it didn't work in the lobby. It was the last night of my trip and I was exhausted, so I just gave up trying to make it work.
Though the Novotel works as an airport hotel, I am SO glad I didn't stay here for the few days earlier in my trip when I was visiting Milan itself. Some reviewers think this is an okay choice when in town to sightsee... I vehemently disagree. It's just too far away. While there might be a nearby tram that takes you into Milan, I cannot imagine WHY you would ever want to stay here if you've come to visit the city. From what I could tell, it's a long ride mostly through a not great or at the very least not pretty part of town.
The hotel appears to have just been remodeled. The lobby is nice, large and surprisingly stylish with a large bar/restaurant that actually had people in it at 10 PM when I arrived. I was so tired I didn't explore it. Check-in was easy... the front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful.
The room was attractive, clean and pretty nice-looking for the price. It was a decent size, with high ceilings. The only complaint was the mattress, which was thinner and harder than anything else I experienced in Europe. Still, it wasn't terrible and I got a good night's sleep. Bonus... my sofa folded out to make a second bed. If you put a quilt and blanket on its even thinner mattress, you won't wake up in pain from the barely covered springs.
The bathroom was nice and quite large, but you have to shower in the tub, which doesn't really have a flat floor. I almost fell over a few times... it would be a wee bit dangerous for some.
There's a 15 euro charge for self-parking, though the lot was already full when we got there at 10 PM. If you get there late, you have to park on the lot's sidewalk, which, of course, is what Italians do everywhere.
The area around the hotel is a little sketchy... we were told not to park on the adjacent street for security reasons. This is NOT a walking neighborhood.
I'd definitely stay here again if I had another early morning flight from Linate or was on a driving trip and just needed a nice room for the night.

Room Tip: The hotel is right on the highway... so the higher floor rooms facing it (and the airport) might be...
2  Thank Andrew W

Dear Guest,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very convenient location for Linate airport and the free shuttle to the airport was excellent. 99% of the guests are business and the hotel feels like a conference hotel. Large open plan public area was confusing on arrival.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GAiuto, Direttore at Novotel Milano Linate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thanks for your for your positive review. We take the opportunity to inform the visitors to call directly the hotel reception when you are at Linate Airport to organize the pick up (from 6am to 11pm).
We’re looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the outside, Novotel Milano Linate looks others in the chain. Inside, the room was simple but well furnished, with practical items such as an electric hot water bottle, instant coffee and tea sachets and a German-typed plug socket. Wi-Fi worked well, bed, bathroom and TV were ok. The only problem was that the window faced the highway, so that I had the impression that it was open even when closed. Anyway, it was not bad enough to disturb my sleep. It is also in a quite isolated location; therefore, it is not a good choice for people who like to walk around in the neighborhood.
It is when you go to the common rooms that you notice a difference: extremely nice attendants, well decorated lobby, a stylish bar, a nice restaurant. I haven't been in those, but I saw some conference rooms that looked like it would be nice to work in them. The choice of having breakfast very early in the morning at the buffet or anytime later at the bar is also very practical: I have taken it at the bar and also there you will have your normal coffee or tea, fruit, juice, pastries and the like, all very good. I spend quite a lot of time in the lobby waiting for my ride and had a good time reading a good book on a comfortable armchair in a very relaxing atmosphere. It is a friendly hotel for business or people who arrive or will take a plane at the airport to stay the night. I recommend it and would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
GAiuto, Direttore at Novotel Milano Linate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind words of appreciation; we’re looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you come into Milan via Linate airport and need a quick stopover then surely this is the place to be. A short taxi ride brings you into this nice property which is a bit on the basic side. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Manusha2012

Best regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Bicocca
Novotel Milan Nord Ca Granda
NH Linate
#1 of 6 in Peschiera Borromeo
Holiday Inn Milan Linate
#4 of 6 in Peschiera Borromeo
The Hub Hotel
#161 of 428 in Milan

Been to Novotel Milano Linate Airport? Share your experiences!