“Worth a stay”
Review of Starhotels E.c.ho.

Starhotels E.c.ho.
Ranked #36 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We checked in on their very first day. It is an odd way to experience a hotel as everything was pristine and the front desk staff a bit unprepared for the reality of guests. The location is great, literally across the street from the train station (although not so grand for great restaurants). The room is lovely and the bathroom with the rainforest shower head, delightful. If you are passing through Milan and need to be near the train station, this is the place for you. The breakfast is plentiful and the patio is delightful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have a 4-person non-refundable family room available at this hotel for the next two nights (28-30 Sept) that I can no longer use. If anyone is arriving in Milan in the night of 26 September or morning of 27 September and needs a room then I can on-sell my room at a greatly reduced rate. Please contact me at italytrip19@gmail.com and I am able to meet you at the hotel by before 11am on 27 September.

In terms of review for my stay over the last two nights, this was a very good hotel and newly refurbished in September 2011. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Great hotel, located in a very good location. We stayed here only one night and absolutely loved it. The hotel is very stylish and modern.
This hotel is newly renovated. This hotel is highly recommended. It was a real value for the money deal.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank upop
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Nice hotel location - near the big shopping street and many restaurants.
In hotel is very silent. The fine buffet and premise where is spent a breakfast. The friendly personnel of hotel on Reception.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2010

A bit faded, in a back street, but comfy and soundproof. Helpful staff and a good breakfast available. Ideal for what we wanted, travelling around Europe.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I found this hotel chic and comfortable. The staff made us feel like we were the king and queen of a country and all our needs were met with courtesy and professionalism. The location is perfect....the heart of Milan...and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels to Italy. In fact, we stayed at all StarHotels throughout our Italian getaway and all lived up to 5 Star standards!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I booked this hotel for my last night in Italy for its proximity to the airport buses. I was a little leery about this choice of hotel because of the many negative reviews here at Trip Advisor. But I am happy to say that I suffered none of the negative experiences at the Splendido that others pointed out.

A) My room was not in the least bit small. I was in Room 430 which was the last one at the end of the hall of the wing to the right from the elevators. It wasn't the least bit noisy.

B) The bathroom was large enough with a bath tub with a shower (Not a narrow shower stall). The bathroom also included a small TV and a phone. Ample towels including bath-mat and washcloths.

C) I had requested a double bed (King or queen) because of my height. It turned out to be two twins pushed together but the bed had enough length and was very comfortable.

D) I arrived by train in Milano Central at about 1145 but they checked me in right away. I was not required to wait.

E) One couple in an earlier review stated that they had left money in the room and a small amount was taken. My room came equipped with a safe which was situated in the closet. The problem with the safe was that the room did not have an indirect ceiling light - just lamps on the bedstands and desk - so I wasn't able to read the instructions on how to use the safe. It looked like you'd have to create a combination.

F) Check in staff very nice and welcoming. Had no problem with them at all.

G) Breakfast was ample with tasty brioche or croissants. There were scrambled eggs with bacon available, plus hot and cold cereals, breads, cakes, fruits, yogurt, and juices. On the whole Europe still doesn't come close to Asia for the breakfast buffets, but this hotel's breakfast selection was quite worthwhile.

H) I requested a wake-up and while I didn't need it as I had already awakened, it did come at the requested time.

I) Dinner - as many have said the train station area doesn't have notable restaurants. Their either quite costly or you have to resort to McDonald's, pizza, or sandwiches bought in the railroad station. For what ever reason, I hadn't left myself with enough euros (I did have plenty of US $ on me, but didn't want to have to convert again) to spend on a good expensive dinner and I wanted something more than fast food, so I decided to have a nice dinner at the hotel which I would sign for and have it charged to the room. A small appetizer appeared gratis, then I had a mushroom salad, a pasta main course, a bottle of water, and a beer came to 30 ($42 US dollars) Euros including the cover charge. I don't think it was worth 42 US dollars but at least it was pretty good.

J) Check out was hassle free.

Summary: I was pleased with the hotel and was sorry that I hadn't stayed there upon my arrival (I bookended Milan at the beginning and end of my travels in Italy). I asked about the internet and yes it was expensive, but it always is at a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo