“Our stay at Starhotels E.c.h.o. was so disapponting”
Review of Starhotels E.c.ho.

Starhotels E.c.ho.
Ranked #35 of 431 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Thanks to their presentation in the internet, we expected a lot from our stay at Starhotels Echo : special opening rates (that we didnt get, why?); beautiful rooms with Starbeds and Pillowmania (that we got); a spacious fitness (that wasnt ready and thus not open), WLAN (that didnt work), SKYTV (which meant that only Italian channels were freely available: all English channels were pay-TV - this the personnell told us only night 2). On top of this, other details were very disturbing: the first night we had problems falling asleep due to the subway underneath the hotel that passed every 5 minutes til 4 am; we were furtermore continously woken up by returning hotel-guests; the second night we were in addition woken up by the TV turnig on and off severel times by itself....

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms on the top floors dont hear the subway beneath the hotel?
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank annasofia_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Very close to train station - service was excellent -rooms small but modern and comfortable and for the price I was very impressed .We asked for and got a late check out -2 pm.Breakfast was very impressive .

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The StarHotel chain is the largest 4 star hotel in Italy. This hotel was the chain's newest hotel in Milan. The style is eco-design.

I was impressed by the huge room that had a balcony facing Milan, the beautiful design of the hotel and the young modern and design feeling. Location is excellent right across from the Central Station, allowing for easy access to metro and to trains for trips to Florence Rome and other places in Italy.

The fitness room on the roof has a spectacular view of Milan. There was no TV in the fitness room but this was compensated by the breathtaking views. The breakfast was enormous and it felt like we were in a garden and not in a major metropolis. Rate vs. quality of the hotel was good. Very hospitable and courteous service from the staff.

The only negative is that there is no wifi in the rooms but the lobby wifi is free. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2011

First time to Milan and stayed there for 3 nights. The front desk didn't really pay attention to my reservation request. But the second staff corrected it.

Pros
- the main train station and subway is across the street, a short subway ride to the Duomo and other places
- clean and renovated hotel
- good size and quiet room
- good size bathroom
- good breakfast selections and plenty of refills
- friendly staff
- free gym (but the gym was under renovation so they sent me to their sister hotel next door to use their gym. Simple and not a whole lot but better than nothing

Cons
- shower too small
- on two mornings, the staff members took forever to bring people coffee and tea. I had mine delivered to me AFTER my breakfast was finished
- charge for wifi! And the wifi you pay per day only works on one device. I had my laptop and iPhone with me and paid for wifi to use on iPhone only. Had to request free 30 mins wifi access for laptop in lobby

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Have been to Milan many many times. This year I noticed the price of the hotels close to Milan Centrale all went up!
From the map I wasn't sure if this hotel would be close enough for me to drag my super big and heavy luggages. But it turned out that I just had to walk to the back side of the hotel (where people waited for taxi), and it's right there.

Hotel staff all very, very friendly. Speak ok/good English.

Breakfast was nice. Loved the fact they had nice and fresh salad leaves and fruit.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. But I feel the CP value of this hotel is not great.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We checked in on their very first day. It is an odd way to experience a hotel as everything was pristine and the front desk staff a bit unprepared for the reality of guests. The location is great, literally across the street from the train station (although not so grand for great restaurants). The room is lovely and the bathroom with the rainforest shower head, delightful. If you are passing through Milan and need to be near the train station, this is the place for you. The breakfast is plentiful and the patio is delightful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have a 4-person non-refundable family room available at this hotel for the next two nights (28-30 Sept) that I can no longer use. If anyone is arriving in Milan in the night of 26 September or morning of 27 September and needs a room then I can on-sell my room at a greatly reduced rate. Please contact me at italytrip19@gmail.com and I am able to meet you at the hotel by before 11am on 27 September.

In terms of review for my stay over the last two nights, this was a very good hotel and newly refurbished in September 2011. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family