“Bad service”
Review of Starhotels E.c.ho.

Starhotels E.c.ho.
Ranked #35 of 426 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This hotel fell short of our expectation. As a 4-star hotel, the service quality there is surprisingly poor. The staff at the reception is totally unfriendly, impolite and unhelpful. We booked a double room. Yet, only one bathrobe and a pair of slippers were in the room. When I called the room service for another bathrobe and another pair of slippers, to my great astonishment the room service said they did not understand English and asked me to call reception. Then I called the reception. I ended up with a long wait - the staff who came with those things only came almost an hour after my call with the reception. When I questioned the staff why there was only one bathrobe and a pair of slippers given that we booked a double room, the staff said this was their standard practice to have only 1 set of toiletries even for double rooms! The staff was very upset with my dissatisfaction, slammed the door, and talked some gibberish in Italian rudely when he walked away.

The other day I asked the reception for some more shampoo. But nobody came, and our request has left unanswered.

The room does not come with a free WIFI, which is totally unacceptable since the other hotels we booked in Italy also provide free WIFI service in the room we stayed. This is really a big minus as their booking confirmation does not clearly state whether free WIFI is provided in the room.

Given our unpleasant stay, I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone who want to stay in Milan.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karenycy
There are newer reviews for Starhotels E.c.ho.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

I found this hotel to be very good. Rooms are clean and modern with good shower. I was at the second floor and it was quiet to sleep. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was good and breakfast more than sufficient.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We enjoyed our 5 night stay in this beautifully renovated hotel. August 2012 was a nice time to be in Milan and with the Central Railway Station being 3 minutes walk from the hotel it was an ideal location for day trips to Lake Como and Bergamo.

Our room was modern and very clean, excellent bed, large bathroom with Shower over a full size bath, bar fridge, kettle etc etc.

We obtained a very good price including buffet breakfast when booking through Bookings.com.

Reception staff were very friendly and when checking out we mentioned we needed transport to the International Airport. They said a taxi would be in excess of Euro 80, and recommended we take the Shuttle Coach outside the Central Station with a non stop transfer for Euro 10 per person.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Good location walking distance from the Central station. There is a fitness centre on the top floor, though it's tiny at least it provides an open view while you are working out. I had a room with double bed opposite to the residence building. It is noisy in early morning between 6 to 6:30am because of the garbage clearer. By the way, please try to have your desire pillows. You have six choices. The daily breakfast is fine, not impressed. The wifi Internet is not a complimentary. Also, you can only register for one tool, not all.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Littlehse M
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Everything was so perfect until the next morning I went down for breakfast. There are two hotel guests' elevators at this hotel. I saw one of them having the sign out of order, so I used the other. Suddenly, the elevator stopped. (Now both are broken) I was stuck in the elevator all together with 10 hotel guests under-limit weight this elevator can carry, and asked hotel staffs for help. They came to help, but could not open the door at all including the maintenance guy. We heard they could not find emergency key to open. In addition, we asked them to call firefighters. They said they called, but we think they did not, because of 40 mins passed, but it is impossible the firefighters would not come that late. I believed the hotel was afraid the firefighters would break the door. After the elevator company came and helped us out, we walked down to lobby, and it looked like nothing happened. We saw some hotel supervisor or manager at the reception counter acted like nothing happened.
In summary,
1.) Lack of Emergency Case Handling.
2.) New Elevators, but both of them were broken. Good maintenance?
3.) Managers did not do anything. Act like nothing happen. Only 2 hotel staffs said apology to us when we climbed up from the broken elevator.
This was my first time to stuck in the elevator. It was not that bad to myself, but you have to see a few girls' face next to me.

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Kongphan
Reviewed 3 November 2012

W just had two nights in Milan. It was nice, very comfortable beds, a good breakfast, and great location for a short stay. If you just have few days and this is in your price range, it is worth it. They do get conventions, so it can get quite crowded at the front desk ... So check out early! It's sister hotel the Anderson across the street was nice as well, but choose the Echo.

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This hotel is a stones throw from the Central Train Station in Milan.
Very modern, very clean. Attentive and helpful staff. We booked a Junior
Suite that very spacious with a great bathroom. Excellent breakfast
and a cool lounge in the lobby. There's a Metro stop about a block away
and cool cafes and restaurants in the surrounding blocks.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was worth the price.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple