Stayed here with my girlfriend just before Christmas, based on the fact I had noticed from reviews that it had recently undergone refurbishment and was reasonably priced.
Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised, the lobby area is extremely well maintained and modern, this theme continued when we were shown to our room - extremely nice, stylish, modern room. I decided to take a shower shortly afterwards and noticed that the water wasn't draining properly, and our bathroom flooded. I phoned reception to let them know and the attendant made his way to our room, he promptly said it's not leaking and went away, so I decided to try again and it continued to leak, eventually, after much convincing the attendant believed me in the fact the shower was leaking and offered to move me and my girlfriend to a different room, the room he tried to move us too was much, much smaller, and I immediately said no, after much convincing and viewing a number of less adequate rooms, we were given a room that was on par with our initial booking, after a long flight and feeling quite tired I didn't expect to have to go through all these issues upon arrival.
Breakfast was also poor, a lack of choice with alot of processed products, especially the hot food, which consisted of chewy bacon, processed sausages and strange scrambled egg.
Aside from these two downsides, the hotel was actually really nice, its extremely modern, is in a brilliant location as the central station is opposite, with buses to the airport also close by. The staff were friendly and knowledgable about the local area and the room was extremely stylish and comfortable.
I would stay here again, I just wouldn't expect to have a leaking shower next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our striking 4 star hotel in Milan is next to the Central railway station, a few minutes from the city centre. Our innovative green hotel in Milan features intelligent design and low energy consumption, so as well as enjoying yourself, you'll know you are helping the environment. The look and feel is natural and elegant, with plenty of natural light everywhere thanks to the ample windows, terraces and other outdoor spaces. The new Starhotels E.C.Ho. Has 143 contemporary rooms and suites, a restaurant and bar (the Partnership with Eataly means new value and uniqueness for Starhotels’ offering.)5 meeting rooms, fitness room and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels E.c.ho. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels e.c.Ho. Hotel Milan
- Starhotels Splendido Milan
- Starhotels Splendido Hotel Milan