“Spotless & great for business”
Review of Starhotels E.c.ho.

Starhotels E.c.ho.
Ranked #37 of 430 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Recently returned from a three night business trip. Hotel is on an eco theme. Woden floors, power saving lights etc. Very good indeed.
Extremely clean & comfortable with polite and helpful staff. 5 mins walk from the central station so suffers a bit from the usual main station issues after dark but this does not detract from the hotel quality. Would be 5* but there is a lack of parking in the vicinity. Good breakfast choice and good expresso but what else would you expect in Milan!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great location in front of central station. The hotel got a wonderful design with a modern touch. Staff are helpful and kind except for waiters who help you during breakfast. when I checked in to the hotel I got a city map which helped me a lot. I got a family room 304 - 305 which was exactly what I was looking for. Room was always clean and staff are available for any help. you will enjoy the shopping in Milan. We made a quick day trip to Venice going early morning and returning by 7 p.m. It was a great trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Abourida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great location looking right on to Central Station, this hotel is new, very stylishly designed and constructed out of as many sustainable materials as possible. It’s also really friendly and welcoming.
I booked a ‘Junior suite’ for 225 Euros a night, although I personally would not call it that!
It was more like a double room divided by a half wall – with the desk and sofa at one end and the bed the other – it was a lot smaller than I would normally expect a small suite to be – even in central Milan – but it despite that it was a really nice room.
Two large windows looked down on the street below (it was on the fourth floor) and let in plenty of daylight. It was tastefully decorated in neutral tones and nicely designed. The bathroom (it had a shower rather a bath) was off a narrow corridor and it too was quite tight, but well-proportioned and designed by someone who’d actually used a bathroom – with everything you needed there and in practical places!
It was a cozy room, the temperature was just right – not too cold which I often feel - the lighting was good, I felt very comfortable there and slept very well. I was only there for a couple of days and on the first day it was only the evening.
The corridors on the room floors were nicely lit, but a bit claustrophobic and you once again felt a bit squeezed in – but I am sure for the price of the real estate in that part of town … there was plenty of squeezings!
The WIFI was free in the rooms and they gave you a bunch of vouchers so you could connect as multiple devices … but it was really flaky!!!
The free line was desperately slow, the upload was throttled at 50Mb and the download to I think 250 – either way – I hammered that in about 20 minutes! I had about a 400Mb upload of photos to push to my FTP so I bought the ‘business’ package for 8 euros … and the upload on THAT was also restricted to 250 Mb I think … anyway, I called down to try and get the restriction lifted – you can usually do this, but in some places it’s a real hassle …. So I ended up also purchasing another 8 Euro business package for my other laptop!
I did eventually manage to get all of the images there .. but it took two machines that had to be constantly monitored, a stupidly long amount of time and a load of hassle!
Also, the WIFI signal kept oscillating wildly at certain times of the day and dropped out completely at some points so you’d have to keep reconnecting! It could do with some sorting out!!! I meant to argue to get the 16 Euros of charges wiped off the bill, but in the morning when I came to check out I was in a real hurry … and to my great annoyance later – completely forgot!!!
I ate in the bar both evenings as there was such a nice vibe in there and the restaurant, and the food was delicious.
I would definitely stay there again – it’s a cool place - and I’d recommend it … and hopefully by the time I return, the WIFI may be a bit more civilized!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

"Echo" is an excellent choice if you want to have a "cosi", comfortable and ideal "value for money" stay in Milan. Helpful staff, excellent service, wonderful design, delicious breakfast with excellent quality and quantity, ideal location, quite spacious and absolutely clean rooms. Looking forward to geeting back.

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms really "rock"...superior and deluxe rooms have no important differences, e...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skieswanderer
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We arrived via train at the Milan Central Station. The hotel was located very, very close to the station. We were able to walk with our suitcases to the hotel. Our room and bathroom were both exceptionally clean and furnished with upscale taste. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. We stayed in Italy for 5 weeks and had our best meal at the Starhotel Echo. I ordered a steak; and our waiter suggested that if I wanted meat, we should order another steak that was on the menu and split it between my husband and myself. The meat was cooked exactly to order. It was served with bacon and grilled vegetables on the side. Wonderful combination! Plus it saved us money by splitting the meal. The restaurant also provided some extras (complimentary wine apertif and appetizers, plus waiter gave us two free glasses of wine with our meal). Breakfast the next morning was tasty and plentiful.

Check-in and check-out procedures were quick and efficient. Front desk staff called a taxi for us while we checked out and the taxi was waiting for us when we walked out the door.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My boyfriend and I recently visited here for a romantic city break away. It is in an excellent location if you are arriving by train or by transport bus from the airport, you can easily see the glittering lights across the road when you get off the bus. The welcome upon arrival was warm and welcoming and we were easily allocated to our rooms. The room was on the 5th floor and absolutely beautiful, the bathroom was as big as the bedroom and was the highlight of the room. The shower was large and beautiful, the mirror lit up around it which was great for applying makeup. The tv was its only let down as there werent any channels in English, and the remote didn't work too well, but we weren't staying in the room much so it was okay. The breakfast was continental and very good quality, with cappucinos etc on offer. I had a strawberry Martini in the bar and I think it's now my new favourite drink! The barman was really friendly and checked to make sure my drink was to my taste. The decoration inside of the hotel was very relaxing and natural and helped you to unwind. The hotel was quiet and we were completely undisturbed throughout our 2 night stay.The checkout was quick and efficient and we were able to leave our luggage until our transfer bus back to the airport. The city tax was well explained and checkout was smooth and friendly. I would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma-Bubbles-
Reviewed 11 November 2013

With it's beautiful, clean interiors and proximity to the central train station, this is a great stay in Milan. We stayed for one night before taking the train to Florence. The interiors are upscale and the room was very nice. The complimentary breakfast was very good and we had a lovely stay. Such a great location!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family