This was our first visit to Milan, - a joint 50th birthday treat visit to Teatro alla Scala. We could not have chosen a better hotel. The most obvious feature of this hotel is it's location. It is probably the best you can get for visiting all the central sights of Milan. The Duomo is about 100m away and it took us all of about 5 minutes to walk to La Scala.
We arrived early afternoon at the hotel and had a lovely surprise when we checked in. Our booking was for a Deluxe room but we'd been upgraded to an Executive one at the front of the hotel overlooking the lovely Piazza Fontana. The room wasn't overly large but it was modern and fresh and we were extremely pleased with it. The trams were occasionally noisy in the square but it didn't really affect us all that much.
The room had a walk in wardrobe, mini bar and a kettle. There wasn't an iron unfortunately but we always travel with our own. There is an ironing service but at an extra charge. Others have commented that the bed was hard and uncomfortable but that wasn't our experience. It was firm but not unfomfortable and we slept well.
The room came with complimentary WIFI and it worked well.
Breakfast was good. There was a wide range and sufficient to suit most tastes. Fresh fruit, breads, pastries, cereal, yogurt, bacon, eggs, teas and coffee. There was no omlette station and it was a bit of a bun fight the first day due to a large group but it was fine.
We had Aperitivo at the hotel before the Opera and it was okay as Aperitivo goes. There wasn't a huge range but what was there was nicely done and presented beautifully. We had a Aperol Spritz at €15 each.
The bar is pleasant and the staff are very charming. They welcomed us back after the Opera and we had a Negroni as a night cap. It's a nice touch that the staff remembered us and asked after the performance when we returned.
Sadly, a previous inconsiderate occupant of our room had left the safe open but locked and consequently unusable. I raised this 3 times with the reception and I was faithfully promised 3 times that it would be seen to. It never was and I suspect that the safe in room 380 is still unusable. This was inconvenient but on the scale of things it hardly mattered.
We will definitely stay in this hotel when we return to Milan and I have no hesitation in recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosa Grand hotel perfectly captures Milan's mix of the innovative and the inspiring. The refurbished interior exudes Italian craftsmanship with each of the 330 rooms fusing impeccable comfort with chic Italian style. Widely acclaimed as one of the best hotels in Milan, the Rosa Grand puts you in the heart of the city's historic district with the Duomo and world-famous Via Monte Napoleone just moments away. Partnership with Eataly means new value and uniqueness for Starhotels' offering. Eataly will create made to measure menus, events and collaborative initiatives with star chefs and also provide consulting on the selection of raw materials and products for Starhotels catering. Collaboration has begun at the three restaurants in the cosmopolitan Rosa Grand in Milan, where art, design, one-off details and creative recipes will give you an extremely enjoyable break. Open every day from 7am to 11 pm. The Wellness Center offers state-of- the-art equipment for a total workout and a relax area complete with Turkish bath and solarium. Your very own Personal Trainer is available upon request and must be reserved in advanced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosa Grand – Starhotels Collezione reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Milan
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Hotel Milan