I stayed at Rosa Grand in December 2013. It was my second ever stay at this hotel but will be my last.
I was traveling in and out of Milan so had to make three separate non-consecutive reservations, one night each.
The first stay, I was given a tiny bed in a miserable room that was smaller than my friend's who booked the same category. It was miles away from the lift and had a window facing the back stairwell. As it was one night, and I was very tired after a 12 hour journey, I did not bother making a fuss. This was definitely one of those "last sell" rooms which some hotels have. Not very acceptable considering I made the reservation weeks in advance.
On the second stay, I made it a point to request for a room near the elevator and a double bed at check-in. The room was again miles away from the lift and had two twin beds. It's almost as if they intentionally ignored my requests. I understand that certain requests are just "requests", but I was guaranteed a double bed so I should at least get that. I went down to the front desk and again asked for a room near the elevator and a room with a double bed. The front desk agent looked at me blankly and rudely asked "any other requests?" as if to suggest I was being difficult. I was pretty shocked and responded, "These are not new requests. I had booked a room with a double bed and had already asked you for a room near the elevator at check-in.". He did not respond and simply cut me a new key. I discovered the room was again miles away from the lift and this time the key didn't work. By now, I was pretty fed up and had no choice but to return to the front desk. The final room assignment was my old room from the previous stay which was the miserable "last sell" room. I gave up and at this point decided this would be my last stay. Unfortunately, the three bookings I made were prepaid so I would have to stay a third time, the following week. Later that day, I received an email from the hotel saying they overcharged my credit card and that the correct amount would be charged. I read the email and thought to myself "figures!".
On the third stay, My room was yet again very far from the lift and had two twin beds. At this point, i just laughed. It was however significantly bigger than the "last sell" room I was given on the last 2 stays. But it was not an upgrade. It was simply what I paid for but was not given the last time. While I did not ask for my usual requests at check-in, any decent hotel would have updated my preferences in my guest profile and considering the mess ups from the last stay would have made it a point to get it right. That was obviously too much to ask for. Later in the evening, I stopped by the front desk to see if I could get a cash advance. The Rosa Grand apparently does not offer this service which I found strange. Again in my experience, any decent hotel offers this service. I asked if they could do cash exchange to which they directed me to the concierge desk. When I got to the concierge desk, the agent was on the phone and did not acknowledge me waiting with a gesture or anything. This is basic hotel training. When he finally got off the phone, I discovered they don't do cash exchanges. I just smiled, said thank you and went out for dinner. The next morning I checked out and said good riddance.
I actually work in the hotel industry - have been for almost 20 years. The service and incompetence of this hotel is simply shocking. I was so annoyed that this is in fact my first review on trip advisor. I will never stay at this hotel ever again. There are much better options available in the area and I would gladly pay triple for a nicer, better managed hotel with some class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosa Grand hotel perfectly captures Milan's mix of the innovative and the inspiring. The refurbished interior exudes Italian craftsmanship with each of the 330 rooms fusing impeccable comfort with chic Italian style. Widely acclaimed as one of the best hotels in Milan, the Rosa Grand puts you in the heart of the city's historic district with the Duomo and world-famous Via Monte Napoleone just moments away. Partnership with Eataly means new value and uniqueness for Starhotels' offering. Eataly will create made to measure menus, events and collaborative initiatives with star chefs and also provide consulting on the selection of raw materials and products for Starhotels catering. Collaboration has begun at the three restaurants in the cosmopolitan Rosa Grand in Milan, where art, design, one-off details and creative recipes will give you an extremely enjoyable break. Open every day from 7am to 11 pm. The Wellness Center offers state-of- the-art equipment for a total workout and a relax area complete with Turkish bath and solarium. Your very own Personal Trainer is available upon request and must be reserved in advanced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels Rosa Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Milan
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Hotel Milan