I read a lot of reviews on tripadvisor before choosing this hotel. The main factor was that it was closest hotel (with a reasonable rate) to the shopping district.
A week before traveling i called them up and asked for 2 rooms close to the elevator and lied and told them that my mother was to old to walk long distances. They did give us those rooms unfortunately they were of the older stuffy designed rooms. I recommend that you ask and beg for the newer rooms with the parquet flooring. They were renovating two rooms on our floor and you could see the difference between the stuffy "renaissance" rooms we had and the more modern rooms in terms of space and lighting.
First impression of the lobby and entrance was not amazing. the hotel is located on a side street and seems hidden. The lobby is tiny and not well lit. Their service is average, not really warm and friendly but they will answer your questions and help you out.
The rooms were clean but dimly lit, bathroom was super tiny and my sister kept banging her legs into the towel rack that was attached in front of the sink. Shower head was powerful and i loved that they had a bidet in there. The rooms did have air conditioning, thank god, because it was very hot that month. Our room had a view of the fire exit/stairwell, so don't expect to wake up to the Italian sun shining down on you every morning.
TV has the usual European channels, they only English ones were BBC and CNN.
Breakfast was a mess i thought. Fruit (and not a big selection either), bread, 2 types of cereal, watery eggs and sausages. that's it.
We only stayed for a week and i honestly could not have stayed in that tiny room for more than that. I would definitely go back again though and this time demand one of the renovated rooms, just because the location is amazing and all the great shopping districts were nearby. There was absolutely no need for us to grab a cab to go anywhere but the airport, everything is right around the corner from the hotel.
i give it 3 stars for location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosa Grand hotel perfectly captures Milan's mix of the innovative and the inspiring. The refurbished interior exudes Italian craftsmanship with each of the 330 rooms fusing impeccable comfort with chic Italian style. Widely acclaimed as one of the best hotels in Milan, the Rosa Grand puts you in the heart of the city's historic district with the Duomo and world-famous Via Monte Napoleone just moments away. Partnership with Eataly means new value and uniqueness for Starhotels' offering. Eataly will create made to measure menus, events and collaborative initiatives with star chefs and also provide consulting on the selection of raw materials and products for Starhotels catering. Collaboration has begun at the three restaurants in the cosmopolitan Rosa Grand in Milan, where art, design, one-off details and creative recipes will give you an extremely enjoyable break. Open every day from 7am to 11 pm. The Wellness Center offers state-of- the-art equipment for a total workout and a relax area complete with Turkish bath and solarium. Your very own Personal Trainer is available upon request and must be reserved in advanced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rosa Grand – Starhotels Collezione reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Milan
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Hotel Milan