Lovely hotel in a perfect location, only 5 mins walk round to Piazza del Duomo and other museums/galleries and many many shops. We stayed in a Triple room and were put at the back of the hotel on the 1st floor (room 141) The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and well appointed, with nice decor. The staff are very attentive and fairly friendly on the whole. Our room was cleaned each day along with new bedding which was fab. The beds were exceptionally comfortable!! so a huge plus there.
The buffet breaksfast was nice and plentiful, but when it got very busy the layout made it difficult to navigate around the round tables with people trying to squeeze past all the time and made it a stressful experience. Also when it was busy we noticed the hot food was actually cool and we had to keep reminding staff we needed more bowls/plates or some coffee. However, the good thing was that only happened to us on the Saturday morning of our trip, the rest of the time it was fine and less frantic. We stayed for 4 nights (29th May -1st June).
I would recommend this hotel if you like sightseeing and shopping as you are in the very heart of the historical centre. We managed to get a good deal on the price of the room, otherwise it may have been too pricey for us.
Our only "But" would be the Air conditioning in the room. It is not adequate. So at night the room was stuffy and warm and we could not alter the setting, infact it didnt feel like it was on at all. So we had to keep opening the window, which was fine and we felt safe and secure enough. But the street noise was bad: Bin Lorries collecting rubbish throughout the early hours of the morning below our window and street cleaning. Then the builders started working at 7am right next door clearing rubble!!! arrgh this was not good. We thought the noise would stop over the weekend so did not complain or ask for a room change. But each night was the same, when we realised this it was time for going home anyway. However, on a postive note we did just laugh it off and did not let it spoil our trip and would recommend the Rosa Grand, but make sure the Air con is working properly or ensure you are put at a different part of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosa Grand hotel perfectly captures Milan's mix of the innovative and the inspiring. The refurbished interior exudes Italian craftsmanship with each of the 330 rooms fusing impeccable comfort with chic Italian style. Widely acclaimed as one of the best hotels in Milan, the Rosa Grand puts you in the heart of the city's historic district with the Duomo and world-famous Via Monte Napoleone just moments away. Partnership with Eataly means new value and uniqueness for Starhotels' offering. Eataly will create made to measure menus, events and collaborative initiatives with star chefs and also provide consulting on the selection of raw materials and products for Starhotels catering. Collaboration has begun at the three restaurants in the cosmopolitan Rosa Grand in Milan, where art, design, one-off details and creative recipes will give you an extremely enjoyable break. Open every day from 7am to 11 pm. The Wellness Center offers state-of- the-art equipment for a total workout and a relax area complete with Turkish bath and solarium. Your very own Personal Trainer is available upon request and must be reserved in advanced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Starhotels Rosa Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Milan
- Starhotels Rosa Grand Hotel Milan