“Best small hotel”

Ranked #199 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Best small hotel”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

With small hotels in europe,you never know what to expect...Hotel Milano was everything i could wish for:Center of Milan,beautiful and pretty big room,very quiet and VERY clean.. Breakfast was also very good.Would recommend ,and would definitely stay there on my next trip to Milan.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I agree with all the reviews this is a good 4 star hotel, location is perfect excellent value for money.
staff were helpful when i first arrived i was provided with a room that had a slopping roof comfortable enough however not suitable if you are a taller person, the staff moved me to a different room as quickly as possible as the hotel was fully booked.

all in all the stay was very enjoyable, I have always previously stayed at the Westin Palace but will most definitely stay at the Pierre in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sydneybear
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 17 September 2013

What I will remember from this hotel is the classical music in the lobby. This really places you within the atmosphere of the hotel.
The room is in the same atmosphere.
I got a quite big room at the 4th floor. It is more like a small suite under the roof top.
I really liked although I do think I have loved it more with my boyfriend :)
The breakfast was fine with fresh fruits and various dairy products.
In the overall, my stay was delightful.

One minus: WiFi is available in the lobby only/.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel at the last minute through hotwire - was very pleasantly surprised. Hotel is in a residential neighborhood, about 15-minute walk from the Duomo. Recently renovated - very clean - our room was amongst the biggest I've stayed in in Europe - about 170 sq ft. Service was very attentive and good - especially Lorenzo at the front desk. I won't say it's a 5-star but closer to a very good 4-star.

Breakfast was included in our hotwire rate and was basic but very good. Cheese, ham, cereal, juice, pastries, toast etc. - you can ask for fresh orange juice and they will bring it to you (incl. In breakfast but only served on request)

We ended up extending our stay by 2-nights. Would definitely recommend and plan on staying again when we return to Milan.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was a really good choice: 5 minutes walking from Da Vinci' s Cenacolo, 10 minutes to the Cathedrale (Duomo), newly renovated, beawtiful rooms, fair service, good price with a decent breakfast included.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Perfect location, just 5 mins on the metro from central train or bus station and a 2 min walk from the metro stop. 10 min lovely walk with plenty of shops and cafes along the way, into the centre near Duomo and La Scala. There are plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants within 2 min walk of the hotel. Just around the corner from the hotel is an outdoor square where people gather in the evenings to socialise. The main public areas of the hotel were very clean. Our room, bathroom, linen and towels were all very clean. I only found some dust when I moved a piece of furniture to use the power point behind it. Service at the hotel reception was friendly, welcoming, just a little on the slow side when checking out, even though there was only one person being served ahead of me. It didn't cause us a problem as we were not in a rush. Service in the restaurant for breakfast was mostly very good (although most of it is self-service), apart from having to get up from our table to approach staff to ask for tea or coffee. Unfortunately, the view from our room was of the other hotel rooms - an internal square - although you could not see in through the glass of the rooms. It made the room a little darker than normal as we were on a low floor (2). However, this did not bother us as we were certainly not in Milan to spend any length of daylight time in the hotel room! For less than £300 for a 3 night stay, including a good buffet breakfast was fantastic value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah C
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Booked hotel also thru hotwire as a 'secret' hotel; didn't feel like it was in the same category of hotels which they compared it to.... esp after reading the reviews before arrival. Overall, I was prepared to be disappointed, and I was pleasantly "OK" with it. It is a walk to Duomo, and don't expect super service (ie no offer to help us with our luggage despite the 3 people behind the counter.) I got the feeling if I asked for help the staff was capable to provide, but they were not about to proactively serve / make suggestions.

We were on the top floor, room was more than what we needed (e.g. we were 2 and the pull out bed on sofa was made up, which was a bit odd). Also note on the top floor, you have a sloped ceiling, which makes it challenging for a person 6ft tall to shower.

I keep looking for the perfect milano hotel, and I will keep looking!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple