“I keep coming back- clean, well appointed, friendly management!”

Hotel Pierre Milano
Ranked #186 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotel over 20 times. My first visit was not great but when I spoke to the manager about it he promised that if I returned I would have a completely different experience. I returned and now only stay at Hotel Pierre when I come to Milan for work. The rooms are large and comfortable with big plushy robes and a bar well stocked with good wines after a long day at work. At breakfast they have fresh fruit salad year round and a variety of good cakes and breads. I have a very good experience here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SusiBarton
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pierre Milano

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a nice hotel in a pretty central area of Milan. It is a little old fashioned but was very clean and the staff were nice. Breakfast was included in our package and this was a typical continental style breakfast. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very spacious. We would stay here again on a return visit to Milan.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank critch82
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel was very close to a metro station and dome of Milano's important sites. Breakfast was great. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. It was very easy to go around on foot and by metro. There were nearby restaurants that were very reasonable and there was even a grocery 5 minutes away. The room was spacious and clean. I would definitely stay at Hotel Pierre Milano again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank LTVnyc
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel from 16 to 18 December 2013 - room 102. We booked a triple room.the hotel is very peaceful and nicely located.It is close to the Santa Ambrogio train station - about 10 minutes walk. Rooms are clean,staff polite and helpful and the breakfast is very good. They have free wifi as well.The Duomo is about 20 minutes walk from the hotel As well as shopping. This hotel has all the modern up to date trappings! Touch control aircon and light controls as well as remotely controlled motorised blinds! I was impressed.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank moki786
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I write this review not merely to report that it took more than a day to supply soap, fix the light bulb above the shower and replace the wet towels. The electrically operated window shade was ripped and could not close all the way. I write to report, what the manager said was a security problem.
At 1:30 AM, when my wife and I were in bed asleep, two strange women, entered our room, turned the lights on and when they saw us, screamed and fled. I immediately placed a series of three calls to the front desk, all of which went unanswered. I went down to the lobby to find the night-lights on and no one there. Thinking that someone must be in the office that is to one side of the reception desk, I found access blocked by the luggage caddy. When I started to move the caddy, a very sleepy night attendant emerged from the office, turned on the lights and asked me what I wanted. I told him what had happened and asked why he had not picked up the phone for any of my three calls. The answer was obvious – he had been asleep in the office. He said I must have been mistaken – he had sent the women to the room in the floor directly above mine. He continued to doubt my account and when I suggested he speak to my wife for confirmation, he led me, not to my room, but to the room he had assigned to the two women.
One of the women answered the door and apologized to me. She said they had gotten off the elevator on the wrong floor and their key-fob actually opened my door. When they saw my wife and me, they realized they were in the wrong room and exited. Why, I asked the night clerk, did their key-fob open both their and my door? Why, I continued, had he been asleep and left the front deck totally unmanned? He continued to insist that it was impossible for the key to open two rooms. He had no answer to my second question.
The next morning the manager confirmed that he had heard of the incident. He had not been told that the night clerk was asleep in the office and not responded to the three calls I made. He offered to change our room because there may be a security problem in that the key-fob should not have opened both rooms. He also promised that he was investigating the incident and would report. We stayed two more days in the hotel and when we left, no one had discussed the incident with us nor reported the results of their investigation.
I was accused of lying by the night clerk and still have not be advised as to how the hotel addressed what they referred to as a lack of security and the lack of management during the night. Do not go to this hotel until these issues are addressed.

Room Tip: Avoid room 110
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank eandfs
Marcello M, Manager at Hotel Pierre Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

we are very sorry if you felt not safe during your stay with us.

Our electronic system to open the door, recently installed, it is one best and tested system expressly built for hotels able to guarantee guest security. It also memorize all the entries in the rooms; any anomaly has been find in your room, probably door of your room has not been properly closed, but only approached, that is why the 2 Guests could wrongly enter your room only pushing the door.

We would like to assure all our Guests that our hotel is extremely safe as you can see from other reviews on Trip Advisor.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hotel is beautifully decorated and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, carried my luggage into the hotel and escorted me to my room even though I only had one small carry-on luggage. The room was very well kept and clean and the bathroom was quite large compared to other Italian hotel bathrooms. The hotel is a 4 min walk to the metro, and only about a 20 min walk to il Duomo. Very conveniently located in the city centre. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Milan.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Laura E
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed there for a week. The rooms are maticulate, every item of great quality and individually chosen. LOCATION was great! Nice walk to every attraction.
Great breakfast buffet.
Nice service.
We got a very good deal through the net.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family