“Very comfortable hotel.”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #77 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The hotel is located right off of the central train station and subway system. Milan has a great subway system so getting around was very easy. Don't let the post-fascist exterior of the building scare you. The hotel is great.The rooms were very spacious. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet.The executive lounge was one of the more dinky ones that I've experienced but still nice to have. The front staff and concierge were efficient. Housekeeping was great and available at almost all hours. The wi-fi connection was great. The room service was better than most. They have coffee pots available in the rooms. Overall, it's a great hotel and very convenient for tourists or business travelers. I would stay here if I ever re-visited Milan (probably not going to happen since the whole city felt like I was stuck in the movie Zoolander).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SanDiegoTravelGirl
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear SanDiegoTravelGirl,

Thank you so much for your detailed review following your stay with us.

I am very pleased reading you enjoyed all features and amenities at Hilton Milan and I hope to welcome you back again...fashion weeks are temporary in Milan!

With Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. This past time I was upgraded to an executive level room and it was much larger and nicer than prior stays. The executive lounge was very nice and had good antipasti and wines in the evening for happy hour. Breakfast in the lounge was very good too. Two of the executive lounge staff (I forget their names) were very helpful but some of the staff would disappear for a while. The front desk service was average and far below what I expect of a Hilton. The concierge was helpful but not friendly. He seemed kind of put-out by my request for a dinner reservation but he quickly executed the request and got us a reservation.

The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The cleaning staff was nice.

The hotel is near the main train station (Statzione Centrale) which also has a metro stop which means you have easy access to the rest of Milan (i.e. all of the great restaurants, fashion shops, and tourist sites).

I would stay at this hotel again if I was in Milan.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J J A
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear J J A,

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback.

With pleasure I read you enjoyed your upgraded room's clealiness and amenities, Executive Lounge and hotel location.

I hope to welcome you back very soon and offer you a memorable experience throughout every department.

Thanks again for your comments,
With Kind regards

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We were a walk- in, and was attended straight away by a friendly young lady that could speak English. She took our reservation, as we're on our way to Monte Carlo, and would return the next evening. The next day late after noon checking was spot-on, our room was ready with a fold up bed for 9 year old son. Room was clean, and the lady in the executive lounge was attentive and helpful. Did not make use of the Wi- Fi, but it was available, and I am sure it worked. Dinner in the hotel restaurant, had bit of a small glitch, but it can be overlooked. Communication was the problem, but mostly on our part. Slept like a log, as I fell asleep on the fold-up bed that was earmarked for my son. Breakfast had a great team. One of the waiters went and found strawberry yogurt for our son. Check- out was fast and efficient. What can I say about concierge, they are the hotel. Thanks again for explaining to the International Parking attendant that we were traveling to Venice by train, and would leave our hired vechile in the basement parking. Advise - travel by train to Venice less stress and much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and at the end of the corridor. Ascertain if any sports or travel groups have...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear 1toSweeper,

Many thanks for writing your wonderful review following your stay at Hilton Milan.

I am delighted to read all departments were great offering your family and you a smooth, enjoyable stay and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back!

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2013

There is not much around this hotel but the station. If you are unfortunately traveling alone, it can be restrictive and boring. Better to stay near Duomo or somewhere more lively. The rooms are nice, some have terraces which is kinda cool.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fair123
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Dear Fair123,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read you enyoyed your room; nevertheless I regret you did not enjoy the hotel location.
I hope you will consider a future stay with us and our concierge will be at your disposal for all suggestions nearby!

Wishing you all the best for the New Year,
With Kind regards

Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Checking in and there was a long queue. Room in Hilton never disappoints. However the safe was not working. The staff never arrived. Then at night the room was very hot. The concierge was very very helpful. Toni and the other guy was awesome. It has been 2 nights now and the staff never arrived to check the safe and the room still remains hot at night. I just slept with the windows open.

Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Robin J,

Thank you for the time taken to write your feedback.

I regret the service provided did not entirely satisfy your requests, please accept my apologies and be sure I will be following up this issue.

I wish you all the best for 2013 hoping you will give us the opportunity to offer you new memorable stays throughout this year.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2012

It's funny how first impressions count. Having just flown long haul with a 2 year old, we got picked up by the hotel car and arrived early in the morning (let's call it 6 am). No issues there, but obviously the first thing you want to do is check in and rest. To make sure we could do this I'd booked the for the night before. It took us about 30 mins to check in because their computer was rebooting. Not only this but the check in procedure was complicated. Then they seemed surprised that we had turned up because they thought we were no shows from the day before - obviously they hadn't read the reservation comments - despite the hotel car working fine. But worst of all was the wait. Reception was empty with about 6 staff on, one of us could have shown us to our room or given us the key whilst I checked in the family. This experience so thoroughly annoyed me that it overwhelmed what was otherwise a good stay.

The hotel has a fantastic location near the train station and relatively close to the city center and a nice park. The staff were (apart from check-in) generally good and room service (which we used a lot in the ensuing jet lag) was very good. The room itself was ok - not fantastic - and felt a little tired. The exec lounge is pretty nice and the staff are good. The hotel is quite busy with what feels like a lot of functions. Reception/Concierge were otherwise good and quite helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Green_kermit
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Green_kermit,

I thank you for the time taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you overall appreciated the hotel and the service received by the staff at Hilton Milan.

Nevertheless I regret the disappointing welcome you experienced upon check in and I hope you will consider it an exception. Please accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience as I perfectly understand the high importance of the arrival moment.

Wishing your family and you a wonderful 2013, I hope to welcome you back very soon in the New Year!

Reviewed 21 December 2012

A one night stay at the Hilton Milan, purely as a loyalty member as the only Hilton in town.

Fantastic staff, very friendly...check in was easy, quick and upgrade was given to Executive room with Balcony.

Room on the executive floor was a standard size, having a balcony was fantastic but disappointed not even one chair or small table was provided outside.

Excellent executive lounge with a good range of antipasto, canapes and drinks were flowing. Big TV, comfortable lounges and friendly staff.

Taxis to parts of the city cost around 12 euro, however the main train station is very close by.

Would be great if this property had a pool, as during the summer Milan is a very very hot city with no breeze at night and would make for some great relaxation.

For the rate paid, this hotel is excellent value if you're looking for a good location in an expensive city

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jinxyoz

Dear mella2007,

Thank you for writing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read about your comfortable summer stay at our property and I thank you very much for the suggestions given, which I have promptly shared with the management.

Hoping to welcome your partner and you very soon in a winter but amazing Milan,
Our Best Wishes and Regards