“Fantastic Hotel for Business or Holiday”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #82 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Hotel for Business or Holiday”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Needed a place to stay in Milan for the night before flying out the next day. Arrived from Venice to the train station and selected this property since it was close and I was able to secure a very attractive rate for the night. It was a few blocks away from the station on one of the major streets that radiate from the train station. I checked into the hotel around 9pm and had to wait for the Airline Crews to be checked in. Even with my highly discounted rate, as a Hilton Honors Gold member I was upgraded to an Executive Floor with Executive Lounge Access. Unfortunately it was too late to enjoy the lounge that night, and having an early morning flight out, I took a nice hot shower and went to sleep in my oversized king bedded room.

Awoke early the next morning and had breakfast in the Executive Lounge, Wide choice of juices, meats, cheeses and hard boiled and scrambled eggs to enjoy. I grabbed a few bottles of Pellegrino and Diet Cokes for my train trip to the airport and checked out. Check out was just as easy as check in and substantially easier. I would definitely check into this hotel again should I find myself in Milan for a night or more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jmanthetravelman
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear jmanthetravelman,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our property with TripAdvisor readers!

I am very happy you appreciated hotel location, room features and our customer service delivery.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Milan,

Warm regards

Ariane Sacchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have stayed here several times for extended periods. If you are on business or pleasure & going to be in or around Milan this is a great location. Walk out the front door go left a very short 2 blocks & the central train station is on the left. This is great place to stay for day trips around italy. There are many restaurants & stores within walking distance. Also a taxi stand out front, to the left, within sight & which the bellman are happy to call for you or just give them a wave. The food in the hotel is good. Breakfast is pricey. Rooms are clean & include a kettle to boil water for coffee or tea in your room with sweeteners & cream. An ironing board as well as a modern hair dryer (found hanging on the right of the desk). The bathroom has an old style hair dryer also. The windows open if you want fresh air ( street can be noisy as you are in a busy part of the city). The gym has very nice Precor equipment & is a good size with everything you need. One challenge is if you want to tip in the bar/restaurant you must do so in cash. It cannot be added to your credit card. This is not exclusive to the Hilton as I have seen this in another hotel also. If stopping at the bar they provide you with a nice assortment of snacks (nuts, chips, bruschetta). The staff are always quick to greet you anywhere you see them. There is an executive floor that offers you access to the lounge with snacks, fresh fruit, beverages etc. 8th floor. I recommend you give this hotel a go if you are staying in Milan .

Room Tip: Rooms that face the front of the hotel will have most noise
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Luvalatte23
Dear Luvalatte23,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear you appreciated our hotel in every detail and I will share your wonderful feedback within the team!

I hope we will have the chance to exceed once again your expectations during your next visit to Milan,
With kind regards

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

If you're traveling by train, this hotel is convenient to the central train station and the metro. Rooms are nicely furnished and clean. Staff is very professional and friendly. As is typical of the American hotel chains, the in room Internet is very expensive as is the breakfast buffet. But, overall we really liked the hotel.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear drbsfm,

It is extremely pleasing to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and you were satisfied about hotel location, your room and staff service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Expecting great things, service, value for money and cleanliness... Got the whole thing. An overnight stay and the room was first class, the food was delicious and in a perfect location not far from the beautiful train station. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: We had top floor but I think they are all as good as each other.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lyn G
Dear Lyn G,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We aim to provide a memorable experience to our guests and I am very glad it was your case.

Hoping to welcome your partner and you back soon at our property,
Warm greetings from Milan,

Houston
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights we had 3 standard rooms with king size beds and I have to say that our stay was really good. Breakfast was typicall for Hilton hotels and chef even made for us pancakes :) Interiors of this facility are looking really nice and I was amazed that building is from 1970-s. Best thing about this place is definitely staff - speciall thanks to Fabio(front desk member) and Tony(concierge) they made our stay really pleasant. If i will visit Milan again I will definitely return to this property.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear andber,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am thrilled you appreciated our exceptional service and our hotel was so convenient to you!

Looking forward to welcoming your friends and you back soon at the Hilton Milan,

Warm regards

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 January 2013

It's nice to be a silver HHonors member — free room upgrade, and u r in Executive. Very spacious, nice, well-designed, with good bathroom and tub (though i was struggling a bit with opening the sink hole), and rubber ducks :) thank you. The price is outstanding, too.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cocha-Bepeck
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
Dear Cocha-Bepeck,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

I am thrilled to read about your positive experience and I am looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience at Hilton Milan!

Kindest regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Due to weather problems in London, my luggage did not get to Milan with me, so I was forced to spend an unexpected night there. Thanks to modern technology, my husband, at home in the US, booked the Hilton for me while I was in a cab en route from the airport. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The king size bed was a dream in terms of comfort, the room was a nice size, and the staff was wonderful. The hotel is also only a block from the Centrale Stazione, which was my next stop once the luggage arrived. All in all the hotel saved what could have been a really bad experience. I wish I could say the same for British Airways!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KFM9275
Dear KFM9275,

Thank you very much for your review!

Amazing to read that after all you will have a nice memory of Milan thanks to our hotel!

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome your husband and you in the near future for leisure purposes.

With Kind regards,