“Four days in Milan”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #74 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is was our second stay in this Hotel, Will come back if our plans call for a stay in Milan. Close to Central Train Station and local transport. Staff worked with us to make the visit enjoyable. Room was up to expectations and Hilton standards

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Wayne L,

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. Your valuable comments have been well appreciated,

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Stefania Russo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,747)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for a few nights while exploring the Milan area, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I guess location is relative to different people, but I thought the location was excellent - just a 2 block (< 5 minute) walk to the central train station and Metro stop which meant you could get anywhere very quickly and easily. The metro is inexpensive and stops are frequent, so waiting was never an issue. The hotel itself was quiet and kept very clean, and the staff were very professional, kind and helpful. The room was bigger than I expected, maybe since it is a Hilton property, but space was not an issue at all. The rates were very competitive, and only had to use a taxi once to go out to Stadio San Siro, but metro went everywhere else I wanted to go in Milan. It was also easy to make a day trip up to Lake Como - seeing Varenna and Como since you spent so little time getting to and from the train station. The area - despite being right by the main train station - is safe and mostly business office buildings. Never felt threatened walking to or from the station or around the hotel. Food was good and plentiful, and it was a nice touch that they had cookies and tea in the lobby each afternoon. Again, if you want to be able to walk to the Duomo, La Scala, etc., it's not even that far, but for those who don't like to walk a lot, take the metro from the Centrale - both the Green and Yellow lines run there and the Duomo is only 4 stops away. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Milan, and hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel_Reviewer20

Dear Austin, TX,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Milan.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
We are so pleased to note that the quality of service you experienced met with your expectations as it is our aim to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay at Hilton Milan.

I really hope to welcome you again in our property soon.

Best Regards

Stefania Russo

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stay at Hilton hotels a lot. The Hilton Milan is not centrally located or near anything of interest in Milan. You will have about a 20-30 minute walk to Centro Storico. We had 3 rooms with our children. We did not receive any benefits as honors members...only my husband would receive breakfast or have access to the exec lounge. The restaurant was poor to average in food quality but VERY expensive. The nerve to charge guests a cover charge per person!! The front desk is unpleasant, especially when busy. Had we known that this hotel was not near anything, expensive and takes advantage of loyal Hilton brand clients, we would have found something closer to the city center.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear jennmcnally,

It is with great regret I herewith read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please be sure that our guests are very valuable to us and I personally apologise if you may have not have felt that way.
We are sorry though you did not share your points directly with us during your stay, in order to make your stay more pleasant and eliminate any negative feelings.
Our Management Team is always present and there is also a Daily Duty Manager at the front desk department.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in order to restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and had 3 rooms. The rooms are fine, nothing special but clean and well appointed. Bathrooms are also clean and well appointed. It is very expensive for what you get.

The front desk is begrudgingly helpful, disinterested and annoyed that someone would have a question. Don't expect any courtesy or benefit for your Hilton Honors membership or status.

The hotel is convenient if you want quick access to the train station, but not near many restaurants or amenities.

The restaurant is poor. There is a cover charge. The food is expensive and average.

I wouldn't stay here again. I wouldn't recommend it for friends. I wouldn't stay here for business. Hilton should take a close look at this place.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AlwaysAcadian

Dear AlwaysAcadian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and comments which help us to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to our guest needs.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights. The staff was helpful; it's in a good location near Milan Centrale Train Station. There are restaurants, coffee shops and a gelataria in easy walking distance. The room was clean and large, the bed quite comfortable. We had one happy hour snack in their lounge area--a cheese plate. I've never seen a cheese plate served without bread or crackers or something other than cheese!

All the positives said, it was not a warm hotel. I had to remind myself that I wasn't in Paris, where hotel staff are polite, but not warm and fuzzy in any way. The nicest person was one of the doormen, but I keep missing my opportunity to see his name badge or I'd mention him specifically.

In essence, if you need a hotel near the train station, I would highly recommend it. If you are looking for an "experience," stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MurryG08
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Murry08,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have stayed at the Hilton Milan various times and love the hotel for its vicinity to the central train station and the connection to the city and the airport. The yellow metro line takes you directly downtown to the dome for EUR 1.50, the shuttle bus to Linate airport for EUR 5.50. The hotel itself is not the newest but the staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and spacious and if you book in advance (outside the times when there is a trade fair in Milan) you can get a room for around EUR 100.00 – a deal for a 5* hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear NELLO7,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write this detailed piece of information, which gives an overview to our future guests and consequently help them choose our property.

I am very grateful to receive your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

I really hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Milan Hilton is a great place to stay when visiting this Italian city. It's very closely located near the train station. The breakfast is great. The rooms are comfortable and for the most part the staff is polite and helpful. I'd certainly stay here again if returning to Milan.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank James R R

Dear James R R,

Thank you for taking time to post your review

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.
We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our facilities and staff, as well as the location. I will share your great comment with the other team members.