“Hilton-expected quality”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #73 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay there. Especially as we've been given an upgrade.
-The executive queen room is spacious and the bed is comfortable.
-Nothing original, just as every other Hilton. Which means that it is a nice and solid place, maybe a little lower quality of the room than in other Hilton hotels. I didn't like the style of the room in general and the carpet in particular very much but it's a matter of taste.
-The location might be either advantage or disadvantage. As we came and left the city by train with 3 suitcases it was very convenient. There are also couple of metro stations nearby.
-The breakfast is very good, various, with vegetarian options and some items are cooked to order.
-the access to Executive Lounge with its Wi-Fi and snacks was very convenient

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tori_sunny
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Viktoriia K,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
We are so pleased to note that the quality of service you experienced met with your expectations as it is our aim to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay at Hilton Milan.

We all are very delighted to hear about your memorable experience at Hilton Milan and we hope to welcome you back here soon!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Located less than a five minute walk from the Central Train Station, the Milan Hilton offers a great value at a reasonable price. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful....and Tony, the evening concierge, never steered us wrong with his restaurant recommendations. Breakfast in the executive lounge was good and stayed open all day and late into the evening for snacks and refreshments. Since Milan's many tourist venues are so spread out around the city, staying at this location did not present a problem. In fact, there are several charming restaurants within just a few blocks of the hotel. If you want to be close to the high end shopping areas then the Milan Hilton probably isn't for you. If you want the feel of a well run, comfortable, clean and inviting place to stay then this hotel nails it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MIkeNowa
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear MiKeNowa,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Milan.

We are so glad to hear you had a great stay and you find our location so convenience.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Milan Hilton. I had a health issue one day and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. Yolanda one of the hotel managers came with us and stayed with my wife and acted as her interpreter all day. She even bought a sandwich and drinks and offered to cover my hospital bill when I was having trouble with it going through. We can not thank her and the rest of the Milan Hilton enough for their great service. I highly recommend staying there as it is also very close to Stazzione Centrale for trains and subways around the city and between cities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear MArk C,

Thank you for taking time to post your review

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.
We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our facilities and staff, as well as the location. I will share your great comment with the other team members.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have been at this property dozens of times because my company sends me there while doing business in Milan. Every time I have always stayed in different rooms, on different floors. My rooms are always very small, the bed/ pillows uncomfortable and the carpet is old and dirty. The furnishing is simple and the prints hanging on the walls are flat out depressing. After looking at the pictures that some of the guests posted I came to the conclusion that not all room are of the same in size, and have the same furnishing and amenities. I am very familiar with the Hilton brand and I can say that my rooms never seems to meet the otherwise pretty satisfactory Hilton's standards. The room temperature is frustrating. It seems that, at night no matter how your room settings are, the hotel turns off the air conditioning system. I always wake up in the middle of the night sweating, there is no air circulation and cannot rest well. The bed has only a comforter, no sheet, so you either sleep covered by a heavy comforter in the middle of the summer or completely uncovered.
The check in process is quite slow. The bar in the lobby is expensive. I was charged 5 Euros for an espresso coffee when the average price of an espresso in Milan is approximately a Euro. Now, when you get out of the hotel it gets even worse. The neighborhood is completely unattractive and colorless, forget the cozy atmosphere that you can find pretty much anywhere in a downtown area of an average European city. The hotel is close to the railroad station which is notoriously a not so safe place in the city. One of the closest subway station is there. The dome and the " Quadrilatero della Moda" district is 2 or 3 stops away. The hotel is a good 20 minutes walk from Corso Buenos Aires which is a good place for shopping. Because of all the above issues I've come to dislike going to Milan and staying at this specific Hilton. My co-workers and I have complained to our company and I truly hope that we will soon change our hotel accommodation. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear mapplehuggers,

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your stay at the Hilton Milan.

First of all please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay with us.
We apologies for not meeting your expectations and please be sure that your feedback has already been shared with the management,

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in order to restore your confidence in us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is what I would typically expect from hilton Efficient courteous staff who are helpfull.Great location for train station I came in by train from Bergamo and travelled on to Como which was easy even with suitcase.Impressed how cheap train fare and eating out can be if you follow TA recommendations.I did not really eat in hotel as plenty of options outside.Only problem at present with hotel was construction next door woke us up early each day.I would recommend executive room -good hospitality in lounge !

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Anar,

Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, four minutes away from Central Station where you can also take the metro or a tram to take you wherever you want to go. The hotel is great, Hilton standard. Free WiFi but only in the lobby, for WiFi in your room you need to pay 20 euros per day (which I think is crazy expensive). Friendly personnel, however not everyone speaks English so be prepared.

Viviana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear SunnyNunchucks,

Thank you for taking time to post your review

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.

I will share your great comment with the other team members.

Kind Regards

Viviana De Martino

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We regularly stay at Hilton Hotels when travelling internationally and have always been happy with our experience from Vietnam to Germany.

We were staying in Milan for one night after the long trek from Australia and wanted inter-connecting rooms as we were travelling with our two children. We made email contact and had very helpful email service and after having our booking confirmed we made Advance Purchase three months in advance of our stay.

However on arrival at the hotel we were told that "unfortunately we have no inter-connecting rooms". When I asked how this had happened I was advised that despite confirmation and advance purchase "sometimes these things happen".

We we're told we would be contacted by the Hotel Manager in the morning to "discuss some form of compensation" but no contact was made. This lack of concern only let down an otherwise positive staff experience.

This was a disappointing experience from a Hilton Hotel and should cause travellers to exercise caution that a Confirmed Booking doesn't mean anything is confirmed and that taking advantage of Advance Purchase doesn't guarantee anything.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen W

Dear Stephen W,

Thank you for posting your response following your recent stay with us.

I was extremely concerned to read your disappointing experience and I am very sorry that your expectations were not met.

I would like to assure you that your feedbacks have been passed to our management in order to take appropriate actions that a similar experience remains an exception.

I still hope we will have the chance to welcoming your family back at the Hilton Milan and assist you with the highest standard of quality and service.

Warmest Regards,