“Worst Hilton Hotel ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #78 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Munich
“Worst Hilton Hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

I booked my stay with my Honors points for a week end.
I must say, this hotel is not value for money.
As a Diamond member (the highest status at Hilton), we were not upgraded (although there were rooms available). Below some more details.

First the location: far from the real city center, you need to take the subway or taxi in order to reach interesting places.
The room we were originately given did not match with our booking (single beds vs. king size beds), changing it costed us 1 hour.
Room equipment below standard (old furbisishing, molded tiles over the thumb, door frame falling apart when opening the door, awful carpet color but... flat screen TV) and, as it gave to the main road, it was noisy
Personal always disturbing (some highlights: delivery of the weather forecast at 8 pm on Saturday!!! Check of the mini bar at 10 am on Sunday!!! One call to remember to check out on Sunday at 12 am although offerings say we can check out at 6 pm!!!)
No complimentary water (although diamond)

Despite detail feedback, I am still waiting for the hotel manager´s call.

In total, a very disappointing experience. I have experienced different Hiltons so far, but this one is the worst ever. To be avoided in any case

• Liked — Flat screen TV
  • Disliked — Personal friendliness
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

Having read the reviews AFTER booking a bargain of a room on pricline. com (stupid, I know), I braced myself for the worst. I expected some dank, dingy basement room with a view of the HVAC unit. Wrong. Upon arriving, I was greeted warmly by the doorman and then the front desk agent, Ariane. She asked me if I had a Hilton HHonors card and upon presenting it she upgraded me to an executive level room. The room itself was spacious, immaculate, and well-appointed. As I arrived late and then had to catch the Malpensa shuttle (only three blocks to the east, on the far side of Stazione Centrale) early in the morning, I didn't have time to enjoy many of the amenities. However, the Milan Hilton upheld, if not surpassed, the expectations of a Hilton Hotel. Of course, the neighborhood has little to offer and Milan, in general, is an big, ugly city but the Milan Hilton provided an elegant and comfortable respite. If you're on business or you have an early morning flight or train to catch, I would make Milan Hilton my first choice.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BleedingHeartMBA
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Milan from Sep. 19 through Sep. 23. I used Hilton Hhonors points to book my room. My first pleasant surprise was being given a room when I arrived at the hotel around 8am. The second pleasant surprise was that I was upgraded to an Executive Room (I have Hilton Diamond status). In the short time it took them to give me the key to the room, they sent me to the Executive Lounge for breakfast, and the staff in the Lounge gave me my key when the room was ready (I waited less than 30 minutes for the key). Everyone that I encountered from the check-in desk at reception to the breakfast and evening staff in the Executive Lounge to the staff in the hotel restaurant was extremely friendly and helpful. Each evening until 8pm, the Executive Lounge offered an array of appetizers, cheese, crackers, fruit and many different drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). The breakfast in the Executive Lounge was excellent as well with a variety of breads, two hot items (changed on a daily basis), cheeses, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc.

You are provided with two free bottles of water each day in an Executive Room.

The only complaint that I had was the price of Internet access - it was perhaps the most I have ever paid (27 euros per day) anywhere in Europe.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The price of Internet access
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank cls4
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

Hilton Hhonors GOLD member staying on award points. That said, I looked at how much it would cost to stay with a normal booking, and this place is EXPENSIVE (about $400 per night!!).

GOOD
- Very nice and friendly staff that spoke perfect English
- Location VERY convenient to train station - about a 5 minute walk if you take a right as you exit the terminal and follow the main road.
- As a Gold member, we were upgraded to a VERY nice room, given access to the Executive Lounge (free drinks, free snacks, nice rooftop terrace), and free breakfast.
- Room was everything you expect at a Hilton. Stylish and luxurious. Large pillowtop comfortable bed. Huge bathroom (double sinks, separate shower and bath) with very nice amenities. Plasma TV. Plenty of lounge chairs, couch, and working desk. Very clean. Good Air Conditioner. Quiet so you sleep well.

BAD
- I would classify these as minor quibles, but our room had a view of a back alley, we had to wait 15 minutes for our server to bring coffee at breakfast, and this location is a little far to walk to most of the big tourist attractions. We took the subway, which was very painless and easy. You could walk, but it would take about 25 minutes.

BOTTOM LINE
- I would stay here again if I have the points. This place was very nice, very convenient to the train station, and the staff were superb.

OTHER TIPS
- Book your tickets to see Da Vinci's Last Supper IN ADVANCE. We did it, and many tourists arrived and sad that it was sold-out. Personally, we found Milan to be very nice but only a 1-2 night city for tourist attractions.

• Stayed September 2008
2 Thank usflyer
Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

We were on holiday with our littleboy. The hotel is an experience on its own.

Food : absolutely great. You will get lots of high quality gastronomic (lots of small portions, but more than you can eat) food. We got to order every morning what ever we like to eat. They prepare everything with fresh product. Menu is prepared everyday in the language of your choice I have the feeling. Since my wife is french and has dificulties understanding german, they prepared the menu everyday in french. People at the reception, in the restaurant speak perfect french.

Rooms are decorated in the chalet type, lots of wood, realy very pretty. The room is being cleaned and rearanged 2 times per day. There was even a playing kit for our 1 year old, rubber duck, baby soap, baby shampoo etc.

Stayed May 2008
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

I stayed with my family at the Hilton Milan as part of a world trip in early 2008. We used Milan as a base for travel to parts of Northern Italy, and this was a great hotel to use as a base, being very close to the train station. I had booked 4 rooms in totality, and 3 of the rooms were quite good with the 4th room having a bit of a mouldy shower but it wasn’t too bad. Apart from this the rooms were clean. The forth room was also considerably smaller than the other 3 rooms, but it was still workable. I was a little disappointed with this, given that we had booked 4 rooms, but I got over it. Keep in mind, as in many parts of Italy, if you are a foreigner they will want to sight the passport of everyone staying at the hotel. Also, if you are making a booking on someone else’s behalf, make sure you put the booking in their name, as I ran into some problems with this. Most of the staff at the hotel were quite friendly and the breakfast buffet was very good. I was able to get a reasonable room rate by paying upfront online, so keep this in mind, as it is a good way to keep your costs down as it is not a cheap hotel. However, given that I was able to obtain a good rate, I thought the hotel represented value for money, particularly in Milan. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Liked — the location was great
  • Disliked — one mouldy bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank austravelAustralia
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

We recently stayed at the Milano hilton and it was wonderful. There were 3 of us and we had a niced sized room with a well stocked bathroom with lovely toiletries.

The restaurant was wonderful with an amazing breakfast array and delicious coffee! We went to the restaurant for supper as well and we had sumptious meals with wonderful service.

The gentlemen at concierge were wonderful and asked about our father, who had been a repeat guest for many years, but is now in a nursing home. Not once, but many times, and it was so kind.

The concierge also helped to book us a spa day, which was very helpful, as we don't speak any italian!

Wonderful hotel!!

• Liked — Very helpful concierge and delicious food at the restaurant.
  • Disliked — Nothing - everything was great!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family