“The placid Hilton of Milan”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #78 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a comfy 5-8 minute walk from the main Milan station. We took the bus from the Malpansea airport to the Milan main station. We chose this hotel coz we had a lot of day trips planned from Milan hence proximity from the station really helped. The check in was comfortable and the room was ready by 12:45pm. Really appreciate the early check in especially coming in from a long haul flight. The rooms were relatively large in area and the beds were comfortable and the wifi is free only in the lobby area. We had a room facing the inner courtyard which was quite and peaceful. The breakfast was scrumptious with lots of vegetarian options for us. The fresh orange juice machine was superb as were the fresh daily cheeses. All in all a decent hotel to stay in. The area around it didn't have much to do but the station is full of shops and restaurants to keep one busy. Also the Milan metro has excellent connections to the city centre. Other than that nothing else noteworthy near by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear nms01,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Milan.

I am pleased to read that you had a good time here and I hope to welcome you back in our property soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Silver member. I'm not even sure why I open my review with this fact as it clearly doesn't mean a THING to Hilton as a brand, especially the Hilton in Milan. I am also an IHG Gold member and would choose them any day over Hilton these days. Hilton have devalued their Honors program so far that it truly isn't worth being a member any more.
We arrived at 2pm on Sunday to be greeted by a grumpy porter who didn't want the car left outside the door despite the fact that it quite clearly wasn't in the way. Generally in the hotel business 2pm is an acceptable time to have a room ready, but not for the Hilton Milan. I'd booked a promo offer rate through Central Reservations and had agreed the children's room at 50% off as per Hilton policy, but not apparently for the Hilton Milan. I had to insist that she check this! We were upgraded to an Executive Room but only because I had put in a paid request - Silver Honors clearly doesn't count here. We went to the Executive Lounge with a lovely terrace while we waited for the room. We asked if it was possible to order food as we were starving - the answer was 'no'! We finally got our rooms which were a good size but clearly it all needs quite a bit of updating. We returned to the Exec lounge in the evening where we had a really nice evening. One special mention goes to Karina who runs the lounge in the evening - the only person who knew how to treat guests properly. Our keys stopped working on day 2, so we had to get them re-cut. Apparently because the original booking was done on 2 x separate reservations, we needed to get new keys, but no-one thought of telling us. On day 3, guess what?! The keys stopped working again! To make matters worse, when we went up to the lounge to get our breakfast we were told, 'sorry, you're checking out, you can't have breakfast' and wouldn't let us in. On check out, the City Tax for the children hadn't been deducted and the bill was SO complicated, it took 2 x receptionists to work out what had gone wrong only to be told that the 50% discount on the children's room didn't apply and they couldn't give it to me. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE avoid at all costs! This is NOT a Hilton and does not do the brand any justice!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Goodcustomerservice,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and comments which help us to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to our guest needs.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for two nights in June 2014 with fiancee.

Decided to splurge a little and stayed in an executive suite - with access to lounge.

The positive:
- Nice clean common areas
- Spacious room
- Good bed (important to me)
- Good location relatively close to the central train station and metro
- We got a late check-out (always nice when this is needed)
- breakfast is good with solid selection
- Concierge recommended a nice small restaurant nearby which served good solid Italian food (forgot the name of the place..)

The less positive:
- The outside of the hotel is a bit dated
- It took forever to check-in and check-out.. maybe we were unlucky and I could tell that the two staff on service were stressed so they were going as fast as they could.. so it was not for a lack of trying..
- Lounge is ok, but nothing spectacular. Don't know if I would pay extra for that again.
- maybe a bit overpriced considering what we got..

So all in all this is a nice hotel which will appeal to most.. Maybe a bit overpriced.. but if I had to travel by train out of Milan again - I would not hesitate staying here again..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MightyMilburn,

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your stay in Our property.

I am glad to hear you find our location so convenience and you had a good stay in general.
We appreciate your valuable comments and constructive feedback which would be useful to improve our service.

Hope to welcome you again in the future

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I selected this hotel because it´s near the train station (Milano Centralle) and I was going to take the train next day. But of course I considered the good name of Hilton. The hotel is just 2.5 miles away from Scala de Milan and 3 miles from the Milano Duomo, which is a very walkable distance. Also you have ver nice restaurants into the quarter. I recommend very much the BISTRO at Milano Centralle ¡it´s fabolous!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear CULTURAMEXICO,

I am pleased to read that you had a good time here!
We really hope to welcome you back in our property soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the Hilton because it was convenient for the Central Railway Station (that's where the Bergamo Airport Bus arrives) also convenient for the Metro to go around the city. Comfortable clean rooms as you would expect from the Hilton Group and the reception staff were very helpful. The hotel is not cheap so why do they charge 20 euros per day for WiFi in your room (OK you can use the one terminal in the foyer but that's not particularly convenient and definitely not private) for a modern hotel it is very archaic small family run hotels elsewhere I have stayed usually have WiFi freely available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank xxNeil R
Viviana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear xxNeil R,

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your stay in Our property.

I regret to read about your disappointing experience at the Hilton Milan, particularly in regards to the internet connection.
Your comments are highly appreciated and your feedbacks have been passed through our management.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in order to restore your confidence in us.

Viviana De Martino

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is in good proximity to the train station. Checked in and greeted by a friendly staff. My room was clean with standard appointments. I had dinner and drinks with a friend down at the bar. The bar staff was very friendly and provided great service. The food was very good, I had lasagna and a side of roasted vegetables. All in all it was a pretty good time. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hotels2ndhome,

I am pleased to read that you had a good time here and your positive feedback concerning the staff!

We really hope to welcome you back in our property soon.

Viviana De Martino

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Just stayed in the Milan hilton easy to get to from central station 5 min walk 10 if your with your wife!! Easy access from here to most of milan by underground, helpful polite staff as always in a Hilton and extremely clean, we stayed executive as the drinks in milan are expensive but you get a 3 hour window for free alcoholic drinks in hilton executive lounge only down side is the lady who works there isn't the happiest or polite to the guests as maybe she should be!!!! Can be rude at times!! The rooms are clean tidy and of high standards. Breakfast is a large choice but when we were there was quite busy and had to wait for tables to be cleaned not sure if this was due to lack of staff or just not keeping on top of the situation by the staff there the food quality was high though. Would come here again no problem thoroughly enjoyed my stay couple of points but no one gets it perfect everytime, concierge staff very helpful and the cleaners always polite, cheerful and helpful.

Stayed: August 2014
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Kieram M,

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
I am very pleased to read that your stay has been pleasant and that you enjoyed the room cleanliness, the location of the hotel, the executive lounge service

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards.