Very nice stay at the Hilton Milan in may of this year. We used the hotel as a base for exploring Milan as well Bergamo, Bologna and day trips to the lakes, as it is less than 2 blocks to the central train station. My husband is Diamond level so we had a nice upgrade to s spacious junior suite on the 4th floor and had access to the club lounge for breakfast and snacks. the room overlooked the street but was quite. Lounge is smaller than we've experienced in other Hilton properties in Europe and unlike other properties we've stayed at, wine is only put out from 6p-8p, which is annoying. It's available at other times but for a fee. The lounge did have outdoor space but this is where the smokers are. We could have breakfast in either the lounge or main restaurant and usually chose the main restaurant, as there was a large buffet at breakfast time and the coffee was better.
Concierge staff is excellent and they were very helpful with train times, tour suggestions and making dining reservations.
One annoying thing was that the hotel charged for early check-in. I would think for a Diamond member they would waive the fee but we were very happy to be able to get into the room as soon as we arrived on a busy Saturday morning. If staying here, take the bus to Central Station from Malpensa , it's very easy and much less expensive than a cab ride.
Do be careful of the gypsies in the central station. That has nothing to do with the hotel but just in general for traveling in Milan.
Only real negative was that during a nine night stay, they could not seem to get the shower to drain properly despite several calls about it. Not nice to start each day standing in soapy water over your ankles and sloshing over the shower pan onto the bathroom floor.
All in all, it was a nice stay. Had read some negative reviews but we were quite satisfied. Milan is not our favorite city but we would use this hotel again if we had to travel thru Milan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1 block from the Central Train Station and airport shuttle buses, the Hilton Milan boasts an Executive Lounge with an outdoor terrace, and wireless internet access throughout.All Hilton Milan hotel rooms offer wireless internet access. Step up from a Hilton Room to an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy appetizers at the Cosmopolitan Lobby Bar Lounge or dine on international and Italian favorites at the Hilton Milan hotel’s Pacific Milano Restaurant. There is fantastic shopping just 2 miles away and Milan attractions like the La Scala opera house are on the hotel's sightseeing tour. When you've explored the city, find peace at Lake Como, an hour away by train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Milan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milan Hotel Milan
- Hilton International Milan
- Milan Hilton International