“Close to train station and larger than normal rooms...”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #79 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Austin, Texas
“Close to train station and larger than normal rooms...”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you are planning to use the train or the bus to Malpensa airport, you can't beat this location. Just two blocks from Milano Centrale station, metro, plus walking distance to restaurants and the Duomo (20 mins). This is our second visit to this hotel. On this trip we stayed here one night at the beginning of the trip and one night at the end. The rooms are larger than most European hotel rooms. They were very clean, nice beds, and good A/C.

The front desk staff were helpful, particularly on our return trip. Very knowledgeable and attentive.
The one complaint was when we arrived for check in after landing from an overnight flight. We arrived around 11:00am. We asked to check in. We were told our room was ready but if we wanted to check in before noon, we would be charged 35 euros. We opted to pay the charge because we were tired and needed to meet friends around 1pm. We were paying for the stay with points so it didn't hurt quite as much, but we felt it was ridiculous to be charged 35 euros for what amounted to one additional hour in the room.

Room Tip: As HH gold we were able to take advantage of the lounge which is a nice bonus, particularly since it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominique L, Director of Operations at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thanks a lot for your nice comment about our property and even more about our Team Members helpfulness and friendliness ! We are more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will check with the team about the early check-in fee.

We wish to welcome you soon at Hilton Milan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Very nice stay at the Hilton Milan in may of this year. We used the hotel as a base for exploring Milan as well Bergamo, Bologna and day trips to the lakes, as it is less than 2 blocks to the central train station. My husband is Diamond level so we had a nice upgrade to s spacious junior suite on the 4th floor and had access to the club lounge for breakfast and snacks. the room overlooked the street but was quite. Lounge is smaller than we've experienced in other Hilton properties in Europe and unlike other properties we've stayed at, wine is only put out from 6p-8p, which is annoying. It's available at other times but for a fee. The lounge did have outdoor space but this is where the smokers are. We could have breakfast in either the lounge or main restaurant and usually chose the main restaurant, as there was a large buffet at breakfast time and the coffee was better.
Concierge staff is excellent and they were very helpful with train times, tour suggestions and making dining reservations.
One annoying thing was that the hotel charged for early check-in. I would think for a Diamond member they would waive the fee but we were very happy to be able to get into the room as soon as we arrived on a busy Saturday morning. If staying here, take the bus to Central Station from Malpensa , it's very easy and much less expensive than a cab ride.
Do be careful of the gypsies in the central station. That has nothing to do with the hotel but just in general for traveling in Milan.
Only real negative was that during a nine night stay, they could not seem to get the shower to drain properly despite several calls about it. Not nice to start each day standing in soapy water over your ankles and sloshing over the shower pan onto the bathroom floor.
All in all, it was a nice stay. Had read some negative reviews but we were quite satisfied. Milan is not our favorite city but we would use this hotel again if we had to travel thru Milan.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christi C
Dominique L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the hotel facilities and service on Tripadvisor which we always read with utmost interest. I am glad to read you enjoyed our hotel overall.
I am sorry you experienced an issue with you bathroom that was not solved during your stay, we will defitnitely have a look with our maintenance team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milan soon.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Excellent accommodations, great location, and wonderful staff at the front desk! Restaurant was nice, food was reasonably priced, and service was great. Public wifi in the main lobby worked well. There is self parking in the basement of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to business or leisure travelers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Y3792MKcatherinec
Thank you very much for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to learn you were well treated by the reception staff and you liked the restaurant and its staff.
Thanks a lot and looking forward to welcoming you soon !
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Fantastic staff at reception,especially Moira super sympathic, the others never ever smiled :)
Food very elaborate and high quality.. Loved my upgrade to the Suite and the executive lounge was really good .just interesting to see british airways pilots being carried out almost uconscious for drinking too much,lol ;) i am glad i dont have to fly BA :)
Food was super! Tuna sashimis,champagne really nice.pretty outdoor terrace!
Breakfast was perfect. They even had congee soup and parma ham !
Just 200 mts from central train station. Will be back in a week !
Great hotel. 4.5 stars !
If the guys at the breakfast room would be a bit friendlier it would be a 5 star :)
Cheers ,have fun !

Room Tip: Try to get a suite.....avoid the 9 th floor.... rooms too small !
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank adrianmiami
Viviana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear adrianmiami,

Many thanks for you lovely comment. I am pleased to read we have accomplished in meeting your expectations for your vacation in our beautiful city.

Hopefully there will be soon another chance to welcome you!

My best regards

South Jersey, USA
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed in the Executive floor with complimentary use of the Executive Lounge, it is truly worth it. The room is spacious with comfortable beds and very clean. The Lounge has food and drink all throughout the day and up to certain hour at night.

The Milan Central train station is within walking distance but I was harassed at the station area by 3 Italian young women. As soon as I stepped outside of the station with 1 carry-on luggage, they crowded me and started touching me from 3 sides. I yelled at them to stop and that got the attention of my husband who was 2 steps ahead of me at that moment, and another Italian man close to me also scolded them. When they took off, I noticed that my travel pouch zipper was opened. Thank God that I am not aware of any loss from this incident. Beware, these people are absolutely ruthless!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank fromsouthjersey
Dear fromsouthjersey,

Many thanks for your amiable comment and for the compliments we have really appreciated. It's been a pleasure having you here.

I regret to read about your disappointing experience. We look forward to another chance to welcome you back in Milan in order to restore your confidence.

Best Regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am Hilton Diamond and I was thoroughly impressed with the hotel. The executive lounge is great (open from 3 pm onwards), the breakfast was very well apportioned for European hotels and the rooms were modern and clean. We were treated very well as Diamond guests and immediately upgraded and given internet. I was quite happy. The surrounding area is also modern and safe so I feel that its location can be quite easy to walk around. Having said that, you need to walk a few blocks to get to the pedestrian area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SinbadSam,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Milan.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.

We are so pleased to note that the quality of service you experienced met with your expectations as it is our aim to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay at Hilton Milan.

I really hope to welcome you again in our property soon.

Best Regards

Szekesfehervar, Hungary
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I spent a weekend here, and I was more than disappointed. Staff was unprofessional, check-in/check-out super slow. The lobby is unpleasant and very small, so we had to wait standing. Corridors and rooms stink, rooms are small. The only good thing are the location and the pillows.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ildique
Viviana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Ildique,

Thank you for taking the time to post your response following your recent stay at Hilton Milan.

I am extremely concerned to read your disappointing experience with us and I am very sorry that your expectations were not met.

I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in the near future and show you our property in a much positive light.

With Best regards