“At a perfect location close to duomo” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brunelleschi Hotel

Brunelleschi Hotel
Ranked #92 of 430 Hotels in Milan
United Arab Emirates
“At a perfect location close to duomo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as family during early April.the check in was quick and we had a warm welcome at the reception.staff quite nice and helpful.good rooms and great house keeping.breakfast was very good and had a variety.tram right in front and in two minutes by foot we reached the duomo,we enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed for three nights over a weekend in early April. What can I say? Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The air-conditioning worked well and quietly. (It was warm for April.) The staff were welcoming and friendly and spoke English to us. Breakfast was comprehensive, efficient and of fine italian quality. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the cathedral and on the tram and metro lines.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for a week on my own while I was in Milan for business. I got a taxi from the airport, however now I know I would use the Metro.
The entrance is lovely, the lobby is quite grand. Check in staff were great, friendly & advised me of breakfast details etc. I also had an adapter from them as I forgot my own.
I was on the 4th floor, my room didn't have any views, it looked into the centre of a number of different buildings. The room had quite an old style of decoration, however it was lovely. Spotlessly clean. Lots of nice touches including, toiletries, robe, slippers and chocolates each evening on your bedside table. My room was cleaned every day, my robe was replaced once during my stay, the housekeeping was absolutely great! The bed was comfortable however the pillows were terrible, they were rock hard and I ended up with a very sore neck at the end of the week. I am sure if I asked they would have changed them but I did not get around to it. The air-conditioning is also rather noisy, it wasn’t something I could leave on during the night. I would say that the walls are pretty thin in the hotel and not soundproofed, I could hear things (hairdryers, showers etc) in other rooms.
Breakfast was good, lovely selection of hot and cold foods, plenty of choice so I am sure that there would be something for everyone. Staff at breakfast were also very polite. I ate in the hotel one evening (when I was too tired to go out). Nice atmosphere in the restaurant, its located just of the lobby on the ground floor. There was a good choice on the menu, the waiter was brilliant, and it is good value for money being in the centre of Milan.
There is a small fitness centre, I used this one evening, it didn't look like it had been used for a while? There are 2 treadmills, 2 different types of bikes and a weight machine. It is located on -2.
Please note that even if you pre-pay for your hotel as I did, you will be charged city tax when you check out.
The best thing about this hotel is its location! You are able to walk everywhere from here, its 2 mins (if that) from the Duomo which is definitely worth a visit, also the Gallieria Vittorio Emanuelle II is a 2 min walk. You are able to get to all the shopping locations by foot as well. If you did want to go further there are 2 metro stations very close, these are easy to use.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HannahBWales
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

A nice enough hotel in the heart of Milan, 2 min walk to the Duomo. Not sure it quite lives up to a 4 star hotel, decor in rooms is a little dated, although bathroom seemed to have recently been fitted out to a good standard. Excellent shower and full sized bath with nice complimentary toiletries.

Buffet breakfast was pretty good- selection of cereals, pastries/cakes, breads, fresh fruit and hot options- 2 kinds of bacon and fried and scrambled eggs. The highlights were the freshly made cappuccinos and lattes, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Staff overall seemed fairly pleasant, there was one receptionist who seemed a bit abrupt, but it may have just been a cultural difference.

Rooms are pretty well soundproofed with 2 layers of windows, although some road noise is to be expected. The added touch of chocolates placed on our pillows on the 2nd night was nice, and not what you expect in Europe!

Hotel itself was very quiet, there was only a handful of other people at breakfast, however it did mean we weren't disturbed by noise within the hotel at all.

We did get slapped with a 10 euro a night city tax on checkout, which was a bit of a surprise considering we were supposed to have booked inclusive of taxes. Judging by the big signs in reception warning you about it we weren't the first to complain.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is a very nice hotel, rooms are nice spacious and comfortable. the service in the reception is professional .breakfast very good and a lot of choices. the hotel is centrally located 3 minutes walk to Doumo. the parking is very expensive 25 euro per day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel was very good for a short stay in Milan. Reception staff very helpful, late-check easily offered, clean rooms and amenities. Location was also very convenient, would stay here again next time in Milan.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in January. This hotel is just a couple of blocks away from the Duomo, which made it very convenient to see all the required sights. The price was very reasonable, considering the location. The rooms were nice and clean. We did have a problem with controlling the heat in the room. We were sweltering, but the hotel was very accommodating, moving us to a better room. I was happy that the windows opened freely, allowing fresh air, something that you can't do in all city hotels on an upper floor. The breakfast was very nice and extensive. Overall, it was a very nice stay. I would stay again and recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple