“Nice Location : Near the Duomo”
Review of Brunelleschi Hotel

Brunelleschi Hotel
Ranked #98 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is conveniently located about 2 streets away from the Duomo in Milan. There is a Japanese restaurant , a beauty salon and some small shops across the hotel. The service is good. The breakfast buffet comes free , depending on the room rates. The hotel needs to upgrade its television sets because they are outdated.

Room Tip: Specify which floors you want . Though our rooms were non smoking , but we were placed in the same...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Not too far from the main square, they tried hard (and succeeded!) in meeting our every request - Extra blankets, pillows and a tea making tray. One of the few places we could find in central Milan with a triple bedded room for 3 individuals to share a room without sharing beds - the room was quiet and comfortable and spacious enough for all 3 of us. We arrived early intending just to leave our bags to find our room ready for us - and they let us check out late too. Breakfasts are good and the blood orange juice at breakfast is gorgeous. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SunflowerLavender
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Located near the Missori Metro stop and within walking distance of the cities major attractions - including La Scala, the Duomo and the Emmanuel shopping spot, this hotel is like a luxury home. The beds are large and firm, the rooms impeccably clean and the staff polite.

Bathrooms include a jacuzzi and a full array of products (including toothbrushes) to help the weary traveller.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joe A
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here as family during early April.the check in was quick and we had a warm welcome at the reception.staff quite nice and helpful.good rooms and great house keeping.breakfast was very good and had a variety.tram right in front and in two minutes by foot we reached the duomo,we enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed for three nights over a weekend in early April. What can I say? Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The air-conditioning worked well and quietly. (It was warm for April.) The staff were welcoming and friendly and spoke English to us. Breakfast was comprehensive, efficient and of fine italian quality. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the cathedral and on the tram and metro lines.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for a week on my own while I was in Milan for business. I got a taxi from the airport, however now I know I would use the Metro.
The entrance is lovely, the lobby is quite grand. Check in staff were great, friendly & advised me of breakfast details etc. I also had an adapter from them as I forgot my own.
I was on the 4th floor, my room didn't have any views, it looked into the centre of a number of different buildings. The room had quite an old style of decoration, however it was lovely. Spotlessly clean. Lots of nice touches including, toiletries, robe, slippers and chocolates each evening on your bedside table. My room was cleaned every day, my robe was replaced once during my stay, the housekeeping was absolutely great! The bed was comfortable however the pillows were terrible, they were rock hard and I ended up with a very sore neck at the end of the week. I am sure if I asked they would have changed them but I did not get around to it. The air-conditioning is also rather noisy, it wasn’t something I could leave on during the night. I would say that the walls are pretty thin in the hotel and not soundproofed, I could hear things (hairdryers, showers etc) in other rooms.
Breakfast was good, lovely selection of hot and cold foods, plenty of choice so I am sure that there would be something for everyone. Staff at breakfast were also very polite. I ate in the hotel one evening (when I was too tired to go out). Nice atmosphere in the restaurant, its located just of the lobby on the ground floor. There was a good choice on the menu, the waiter was brilliant, and it is good value for money being in the centre of Milan.
There is a small fitness centre, I used this one evening, it didn't look like it had been used for a while? There are 2 treadmills, 2 different types of bikes and a weight machine. It is located on -2.
Please note that even if you pre-pay for your hotel as I did, you will be charged city tax when you check out.
The best thing about this hotel is its location! You are able to walk everywhere from here, its 2 mins (if that) from the Duomo which is definitely worth a visit, also the Gallieria Vittorio Emanuelle II is a 2 min walk. You are able to get to all the shopping locations by foot as well. If you did want to go further there are 2 metro stations very close, these are easy to use.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HannahBWales
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A nice enough hotel in the heart of Milan, 2 min walk to the Duomo. Not sure it quite lives up to a 4 star hotel, decor in rooms is a little dated, although bathroom seemed to have recently been fitted out to a good standard. Excellent shower and full sized bath with nice complimentary toiletries.

Buffet breakfast was pretty good- selection of cereals, pastries/cakes, breads, fresh fruit and hot options- 2 kinds of bacon and fried and scrambled eggs. The highlights were the freshly made cappuccinos and lattes, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Staff overall seemed fairly pleasant, there was one receptionist who seemed a bit abrupt, but it may have just been a cultural difference.

Rooms are pretty well soundproofed with 2 layers of windows, although some road noise is to be expected. The added touch of chocolates placed on our pillows on the 2nd night was nice, and not what you expect in Europe!

Hotel itself was very quiet, there was only a handful of other people at breakfast, however it did mean we weren't disturbed by noise within the hotel at all.

We did get slapped with a 10 euro a night city tax on checkout, which was a bit of a surprise considering we were supposed to have booked inclusive of taxes. Judging by the big signs in reception warning you about it we weren't the first to complain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family