“swimming against the current”
Review of Hotel Mennini

Hotel Mennini
Ranked #288 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I see from other reviews that the judgement on this hotel is negative: I cannot confirm that from my experience. Actually the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
I also had a nice and quiet room (204) and the buffet breakfast was plentiful (with lots of fruits) and tasty.
Taken into account the location (very close to the main railway station, to the underground lines 2 and 3, to several tram and bus lines), and the honest price I paid, I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My sister an I were there for a few days as it was a b-day present from my friends because I love Italy.I must say it was very dissaponting,discriminating,staff not friendly,there was a man one day at the reception(someone that the receptionist knew ,because he was behind the desk near him) and he started to insult us having a violent attitude and the receptionist did nothing to stop him.....the next day we told the owner about that and he did apolegise for what happened, so one star just for that..

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lousy service, arrogant and a very mean owner one morning me and my mother walked out the entrance, he stopped and questioned us which room that we were staying we showed him the key and he force us to leave it at the front desk, I asked why and he then replied in a very disrespectful manner" I am the owner , you do what I say" and we hand it over
also the "do not disturb tag serve no purpose other than a decoration value. They would just use the master key to enter in your room without asking any permission. Last but not least, they go through your luggage and break your lock while you are away( we decided to visit other Italian cites in the main time we leave our luggage in the room because we have paid for it in advance) Our happy family vacation has turned into nightmare just because of their bad service and I just think it is so unfair.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank veronicajiajia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Agree with others that most of the front desk staff is not friendly, and not helpful. The rooms are not nice, the location is fine, the lobby is fine. I'd suggest paying a bit more money and finding another hotel. Disappointed we stayed here for our 1 night in Milan

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MimiM88
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Desk service was unfriendly. They said they would turn on the air conditioner because of the street noise but they did not. They charged a very high fee for me to access and outside phone line to make a phone card call. I refused to pay it. No other hotel in Italy where traveled for three weeks made such charges.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Nozio
2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I chose the Menini because I needed a hotel which was close to the central station and from this point of view it was perfect. Ohterwise it is an ordinary hotel, the room was quite spacious and clean but the mattresses a bit uncomfortable (there were two single beds in the room and one had a mattress which was extremely soft and the other quite hard). The location means that the surroundings can get a bit noisy, so if you are light sleeper it may be better to use the air conditioning rather than opening the window. There are also quite a few restaurants around, so you don't need to go to the town centre in order to eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Excellent italian-style hotel! Good location - 3 minutes to the Central Railway Station - Milano Centrale and the tube "milano Centrale of the metropoliten.
The bus stop to and from the airports - Malpensa, Linate, Bergamo is only 5 minutes away from the hotel. The tram stop about the touristic line 1 is close to the Piazza Repubblica. Quiet street.
Extremely clean room. Snow white towels, sheets and blankets. Good debit of the hot water. There are mini-bar, vending-machine, welcome drinks. The staff - amazing, polite and very nice!
WiFi is super and free of charge! The breakfast is good with a lot of italian coffee and milk! The breakfast waiter is amazing, always smiling and very proffesional!
My room was with terrace and that was very nice surprise for me!
I recommend this hotel and will stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business