“Average, good price, close to the Milan Stazione Centrale” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mennini

Mennini
Ranked #287 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Grenoble, France
“Average, good price, close to the Milan Stazione Centrale”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here one night on my way back to France after a week in Italy. I couldn't find a train from Milan on Sunday afternoon. I looked for a hotel within a budget price range. This one popped up. I paid 59 Euros a night.

This is what I got for the price of room # 410 which faced the main street :

It's close , about 5 minutes, from Milan Central train station. The street on which it's located is quite - except in the morning when the garbage is collected. That's rather normal and to be expected in Europe.

The air conditioning was practically non-existent. The person at reception asked us our room number to verify it had been turned on. It seems it's not 'central' , it's turned on based on at the front desk based on whether the room is occupied or not. If I stood directly under the vent I could feel a slight breeze. Not good in 28C degree weather. Opening the window provided relief. This hotel might be ok in the winter, if the heat works.

The bathroom had no window, so it was like a sauna after taking a shower with the door closed.

The metro is very close both the Red and Yellow lines.

It's possible to walk from the Duomo in about 30 - 45 minutes walking at a moderate pace.

The rooms was clean, sparsely decorated, no blanket only a top sheet.

Most of the outlets in the room didn't work. There was only one in the bathroom and one in the room itself , out of about 5-6 , which worked.

I reserved a room with breakfast online, however the reception refused to acknowledge it.

The in room hair dryer was one of those with a sort of vacuum cleaner hose.

There was a flat screen TV with English speaking news channels. As well as TV channels with China, Russia, French,and Italian languages.

There is a cafe next to the hotel. Not anything fancy, but good enough for a cup of coffee. Also, there is a sign that indicates if you stay in a hotel in the area you will have a 15% discount.

The location is great - if you're traveling from Central Station. You can walk to Garibaldi in about 20 minutes or so from here.

I would stay here again at the 59 Euro price, all the rooms can't be as bad as room 410.

The online booking agency advertised that wifi was not free, but we were given a code and not charged.

Also, be aware that the City charges , 8 Euros, is not included in the price of the hotel.

Room Tip: I would not recommend room #410, for reasons written in the review.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
hotelmennini, Proprietario at Mennini, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Sir we thank you for your staying at Mennini.
The room 410 is a room renovated last summer ,.and also the bathroom with bathtub,airdry,,
And amenities ,l all Our rooms have central air condition,. But yesterday and today os terrbily
Cold in Milan.about, 23 segrete ,.we will look the problem of the air condition in your room immediately,. Our wifi is free ,. And we will remember that you can take coffee or something else in Our hotel or room service. It will a pleasure to satisfy your guest and we world live to ospity in next
Visit in Milan.the city tax of 4 euro per person unfortnately is a city tax of the government of milano
C.ciana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for one night in a weekend - perfect location when you come by train, but a bit away from the real city centre. Close to metro however.
Nice clean rooms, but old bathroom (typical italian). Fine breakfast. All in all very good value for the money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nasushiobara, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I see from other reviews that the judgement on this hotel is negative: I cannot confirm that from my experience. Actually the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
I also had a nice and quiet room (204) and the buffet breakfast was plentiful (with lots of fruits) and tasty.
Taken into account the location (very close to the main railway station, to the underground lines 2 and 3, to several tram and bus lines), and the honest price I paid, I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My sister an I were there for a few days as it was a b-day present from my friends because I love Italy.I must say it was very dissaponting,discriminating,staff not friendly,there was a man one day at the reception(someone that the receptionist knew ,because he was behind the desk near him) and he started to insult us having a violent attitude and the receptionist did nothing to stop him.....the next day we told the owner about that and he did apolegise for what happened, so one star just for that..

Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lousy service, arrogant and a very mean owner one morning me and my mother walked out the entrance, he stopped and questioned us which room that we were staying we showed him the key and he force us to leave it at the front desk, I asked why and he then replied in a very disrespectful manner" I am the owner , you do what I say" and we hand it over
also the "do not disturb tag serve no purpose other than a decoration value. They would just use the master key to enter in your room without asking any permission. Last but not least, they go through your luggage and break your lock while you are away( we decided to visit other Italian cites in the main time we leave our luggage in the room because we have paid for it in advance) Our happy family vacation has turned into nightmare just because of their bad service and I just think it is so unfair.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank veronicajiajia
Hanover NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Agree with others that most of the front desk staff is not friendly, and not helpful. The rooms are not nice, the location is fine, the lobby is fine. I'd suggest paying a bit more money and finding another hotel. Disappointed we stayed here for our 1 night in Milan

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MimiM88
West Simsbury, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Desk service was unfriendly. They said they would turn on the air conditioner because of the street noise but they did not. They charged a very high fee for me to access and outside phone line to make a phone card call. I refused to pay it. No other hotel in Italy where traveled for three weeks made such charges.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Nozio

2 Thank Richard C