“In an emercengy!”

Ranked #335 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Byron Bay, Australia
“In an emercengy!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was my first night in Italy and first night in Europe, I was desperate for a room is was Fashion Week 2013. I found the concierge very difficult the young man very helpful however the older more senior was short and sharp and unhelpful. The internet was down for more that 1 day grrr.... The room was small but not as small as the elevator. I thought it was me and my expectation, and I was tired form traveling. After many other stays in Italy I have been very well looked after with much help and many great rooms, so If you are desperate this is a convenient location to the country train and to the Metro, and the breakfast is very good and plentiful, the staff generally are very pleasant and helpful suffering under their leader.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Dianne V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Talk about you only get what you pay for. The location is good but the room on the 4th floor no lift was shabby to say the least no plugs in bathroom sink or bath. Could,not find fire escape. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone. At least we didn't find any bugs.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pat T

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Pros:
- Location (five minute walk to metro and airport train)
- Large safe in the room (to easily fit a laptop computer)

Cons:
- This hotel is definitely not 4 Stars (European standards) as advertised. 3 stars, at most.
- Paid extra for a double-room and got a single room because the hotel was "full". When I asked to refund the difference, they could not authorise this as the manager was suddenly not available.
- Breakfast was appalling. Milk was off, I made them aware of this. The next day, the milk was off again. It's only a tiny continental breakfast and once food runs out (even one hour before breakfast finishes), nothing is replaced. I had to find breakfast outside the hotel even though I paid for breakfast in my room price.
- Shower drain was blocked and flooded the bathroom after 5 minutes. After making staff aware every day, it was never fixed.
- No toiletries provided other than pump soap. No shampoo, no tissues, nothing.
- If you need a taxi, they flatly refuse to call one. Instead, you must use their hire cars at three times the price. They are also unreliable and often arrive 15-20 minutes AFTER the time you have booked them for (they will tell you it's only 2 minutes away).
- There is no secure luggage storage. If you depart late in the day and want to leave your luggage at the hotel after checkout, they leave it in the foyer of the hotel, unguarded. Public come and take what they want, when they want.
- The lift is often used by cleaners. In the morning, I often waited 5-10 minutes for the lift.
- WiFi is €5 per day, per device.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Hen entering the hotel, you feel the past glory that the hotel once was. The staff was correct and polite. The room was clean and had a decent size. The location is perfect for a visit to the city. However, you will have to cope with aged rooms, a breakfast in the cellar (and you have to pay for some of the available food!!), paper walls (very awkward when the couple next door is celebrating romance) and a tiny elevator (no big suitcase!)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I tried to book my third stay at this hotel directly with them as we have an agreed preferential rate that is organised by the company hosting our meeting. I first checked the website for availability before sending a polite e-mail with my booking dates and requirements. I received a short e-mail back stating that there was no availability. I again checked the website which would of course allow me to make the booking but at a total of 100EU more for my stay than the agreed rate,

Again I sent a polite e-mail asking if there had been an error as I was able to book online and their website showed various room options available. The e-mail I got back simply stated "Try to book on the website - Mario." I found this response to be totally unhelpful and quite rude.

This is likely to result in considerable loss of business to them as there are about 15 of us that attend these meetings which are held twice per year. I shall certainly not be staying there again – frankly it wasn’t that great to start with (dated, noisy and a bit basic) and was only selected as it was the hotel recommended to us by the hosting company.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Set your expectations accordingly. My fiance and I took a last minute trip to Milan and we literally were booking the hotel on-line as the doors to the airplane were closing. It was very affordable and in a fantastic location.

Those are the positives. The room we had may or may not have been super clean (lots of dark / outdated colors and sheets) but the doors locked and nothing was stolen from our room. The bed wasn't comfortable but it wasn't so bad that it impacted our trip.

The key to this place is it's value and location. You can walk to the train station (to get back to the airport or anywhere else), there's a bar next door and a great sushi place across the street. You can also walk to the duomo, castle, shopping area, and anywhere else.

The front desk staff were friendly enough. We did not have any issues.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple