“Nice with Superb location.”
Review of Mokinba Hotel King

Mokinba Hotel King
Ranked #349 of 428 Hotels in Milan
London, United Kingdom
“Nice with Superb location.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We spent here 1 night. Staff very friendly and amazing location. Venue a bit old but enough for the price you are paying for...

The negative point: Even if they say there is a parking slot to do the check in/out that's not true because is always full by their shuttle and rental cars. So no for the clients...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cassete

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 1 February 2014

On a business trip to Milan three colleagues and myself were at four rooms on different floors. I need to include that bit of information, because we all had the same experiences in our respective rooms.

There are many good things to be said about the hotel:
- The rooms were very clean
- The staff is friendly and helpful
- Great location!

Well, not many. And the not so good things? You may think I am very picky, because each and every of the things that will follow usually don't bother me too much. All of them add up to something not so enjoyable, though.

Let's start with the room. I am not complaining about its size, because cities like London or Paris also don't offer suites for a small budget - it was tiny, though. What I didn't like were the boarded up windows - and a room without daylight is something I don't like much. After opening the boarded windows, a little daylight came in from the inner court. Not a great view, and not much light. Well.

It was good that I could open the window, though, or else it would have been impossible to sleep in this room. It was winter and cold, and the room was totally overheated. It didn't help that the AV wouldn't except any other setting and happily keep on heating the room. The balance of 5 degrees outside and 30 degrees inside kept the room stable at something like 16 degrees Celsius. Again, this was the case in all four rooms we had.

If you did get cold, though, you could always have a hot shower. I was impressed when I saw the shower control that allows settings between 15 and 60 degrees Celsius; unfortunately, after a few seconds, the water will be at something like 50 degrees and no amount of turning down to 20 made the water any colder. The only remedy was to turn it down all the way and enjoy 30 seconds of, say, 30 degrees before the water started boiling me alive.

Finding the switches for all the lights that the cleaning staff turned on every day was a challenge on the first evening, when I returned home with a belly full of beer, but on the subsequent days I knew where they were.

The breakfast was ok; and it was the very first time I saw a toast machine that did not manage to brown a slice of toast even after four attempts with the same slice.

To wrap it up, although there are only minor things wrong with this place, I would not go there again if I had the choice.

Room Tip: The rooms with single occupancy end with -16. They don't have a great view and the above mention...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank revrazna
lisbellaw n.ireland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We selected this hotel for our City Break. We really wanted a hotel that was close to many of the city's sites so that we could walk about at leisure. This hotel is 5mins walk from Cadorna Metro Station, and only 10 mins walk from the Duomo. There are also very good Restaurants in the nearby streets.
The Hotel itself is quite small though has 6 floors - the 2 lifts are tiny and really can only take 2 people! We were on the 5th floor and had a great view of the street and the trams below. Initially there was a smokey smell in our room but we just opened the window and it was gone. Everything in the room was as we expected and met all our needs, clean and comfortable, a great base for exploring the city.
Breakfast was Contintental style in the basement - i loved the fresh orange juice machine but the coffee was not piping hot though that seems to be a Milan thing. I'd have loved an Ulster Fry but alas Milan hasn't discovered that yet!!
We found the reception desk to be very helpful and friendly indeed, They have 24hr cover so we were able to check out at 6.30am on the Sunday.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley A
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Very close to centre, in a central area but quite e noiseless at night. Very clean and cosy. Plenty of shopping areas and restaurants In the nearby. 2 min walk to Leonardo' Last Supper. Welcoming and good price. I much recommend it, go for it !!!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Saima F
Milan
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very good location, tram just outside the hotel, saves time and the area feels safe. Nice breakfast, kids love it. Helpful staff, speaking english and have good knowledge about Milano. We will stay there again and the location saves time and the area feels safe.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Dan M
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was my first night in Italy and first night in Europe, I was desperate for a room is was Fashion Week 2013. I found the concierge very difficult the young man very helpful however the older more senior was short and sharp and unhelpful. The internet was down for more that 1 day grrr.... The room was small but not as small as the elevator. I thought it was me and my expectation, and I was tired form traveling. After many other stays in Italy I have been very well looked after with much help and many great rooms, so If you are desperate this is a convenient location to the country train and to the Metro, and the breakfast is very good and plentiful, the staff generally are very pleasant and helpful suffering under their leader.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Dianne V

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Talk about you only get what you pay for. The location is good but the room on the 4th floor no lift was shabby to say the least no plugs in bathroom sink or bath. Could,not find fire escape. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone. At least we didn't find any bugs.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends