“Really overpriced!!!”

Ranked #220 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Stratford, Connecticut
“Really overpriced!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I had made a reservation for a single room and I was placed in a room the size of a closet, with a terrible cigarette odor, since I came in late at night next morning I asked them to change me and they were trying to give me a hard time..finally I got a better room...beware that breakfast is not included, they do charge a lot for it but you get at least variety of overpriced items.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 27 June 2012

A hotel within 20 minute walking distance of the majority of attractions.
The room was a good size and very clean.
Staff at the hotel were all very helpful and the service they provided was excellent.
Great value for a city break.

• Stayed June 2012
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We traveled in January 2010, but I am writing only now because I am cleaning the mailbox and have just discovered an old letter and before I delete it - decided to share.

The idea was to have 2 days shopping on our way to Madonna di Campiglio. The hotel was good enough to spend a night or two - the rooms are clean but very small.

But we will definitely not go back there as on the evening after full-day shopping we were forced to pay for internet tickets charged to our room. We have objected at the beginning and provided the written explanation to the Administration of the hotel with request to cancel this charge, after we left the hotel I followed up by my e-mail. I have received a reply on January 11 "Dear Madam, thank you for e-mail. Maybe another person has mistaken the number of the room. Let me check and after i cancell the amount of Euro 6,00. Regards, Florin". And that was it.

The amount was not material, but this is not how my family makes money for living - cheating on Internet charges and refusing to pay later. It was very embarrassing to hear from hotel staff in a firm tone that it was us or our kids (who were full day with us!!) using Internet.

After this unpleasant situation we never stayed there. And do not recommend to do so unless you are in love with being ashamed in front of people sitting in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nelep197

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Utrecht
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was in Milan for a few days for business reasons. I have been many times in Milan and the average experience with hotels are not so good. Too expensive and poor services. I booked the Baviera Mokinba via the website of Deutsche Bahn together with my on line train tickets. Hotel prices differs very much in Milan depending on special events like fashion shows. Although I was here in a busy period (most hotels triple their room rates) I could book the Baviera for just EUR 130 per night (excl. breakfast). They market themselves as a 4 star hotel. It is not 4-stars as we are used to in Northern Europe or Asiaa, but not bad. Clean, nice rooms, good service, good bath room facilities. It is a medium sized hotel. Just about 12 rooms per level with 4 levels only. Good elevator. I have not experienced the breakfast. The hotel is very near to Republicca with good train/metro connections. The hotel is at the corner of two streets. During night the streets are not noisy, which is nice because you like to open a window in hot spring May in Milano.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Small hotel with good basic rooms and excellent bathrooms. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, everything spotlessly maintained and clean. Easy twenty minute walk down to central piazza and Milan Cathedral. Rates for a non-cancellable reservation were excellent value.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Sydneytravellers62
Alicante
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We arrived to Baviera Hotel disappointed from a nearby hotel that gave us a single room insisting it was a double. So we had no booking for Baviera, and just went in asking for a real double room. We knew in advance it was not going to be cheap, and, in fact, the price was 200€. However, we accepted. The hotel is well situated, the room was good, clean, and the bathroom looks well. I would say it is good, in general.

Contras: The ammenities do not correspond to a 4 stars hotel, and the shower is everything but confortable. Is not cheap without booking in advance.

Pros: The staff is great, helpful, very good sense of humor. They got us a vehicle to the Linate airport early in the morning, with few difference in price (5€) in comparison with a regular cab (we were informed previously by a taxi driver about the cost of the cab to the airport).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I selected the rating of "Very Good" only because there wasn't an option for just "Good".

Look, the hotel did the job - I suppose I always expect more and am a little disappointed when I don't get it even when I shouldn't expect it but I guess that is my own high expectations playing me there.

Bring toiletries - they only provide basic hand soap which I can only assume is used in the bathroom and in the shower.
The bathroom in my room was relatively recently refurbished for a modern touch which was good. There's certainly no lack of mirrors in the hotel in general!

Rooms are small and internet is 5 euros for 24 hours. I am always disappointed when hotels charge for internet now - it's the 21st century! Should be for free!

Staff were average - not overly friendly or welcoming but not rude. It is also very very quiet at night which is GREAT for a good night's sleep.

Breakfast not included and after seeing what was on offer, I'm glad I didn't pay the 20 euros or whatever it was for it. Good distance from Buenos Aires strip which has lots of shopping and Central Station but a bit of a winding trek to the Duomo and the main attractions there.

Lots of sweets on offer in reception and in your room!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends