“Great stay !”

Antares Hotel Rubens
Ranked #27 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in mar and booked over net .the staff is courteous interiors lovely and the rooms very nice .bathroom had 3 different kind of showers. smoking floor available . location is great ... metro a 3 min walk to Barbara station from where you can get to duomo in 10 mins ... taxi costs 10 euros from cadorna . would definitely recommend

1  Thank alok200

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Have been staying here for 20 years on business commitments
reliable staff always attentive and helpful
Good location for the trade show arenas and local restaurants & bars
Rooms always clean and comfortable
In general very consistant

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Francesco, the bartender, was extremely rude. My wife and I had a glass of wine and were enjoying some of the complimentary appetizers. When I went to refill the tiny appetizer plate with some of the little slices of ham when Francesco informed me that if I wanted to enjoy any more of the appetizers I should order another drink. The beer and coffee I was planning on having I have determined I will buy them somewhere else. If you are American and feel compelled to tip even though it isn't the custom, this is one situation where you should do abstain ( from tipping and from visiting the bar)

1  Thank PRJ501IT
GianmarioBertini, Direttore at Antares Hotel Rubens, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

I just read your review and I feel sorry for you disappointment referred to the bartender. Francesco is a reliable bartender and did not mean to be rude, but the free appetizers are available with a drink provided by our Hotel while you brought your own wine and after the third dish of ham Francesco decided to face the situation as you did not purchase any drink at our bar at all.
Honestly, it is my duty to reply to reviews both positive and otherwise buth the task starts to be hard when I have to defend myself and my Hotel to questionable complaints, which may ruin our reputation for free.
Best regards

Reviewed 5 March 2012

The service is fantastic. Rooms are v clean and there is everything that you need - just a small complaint about the slightly uncomfortable mattress on the main bed. The bathroom was superb, with a Jacuzzi and an excellent shower. There is a wide selection for the breakfast buffet and the view is excellent (the restaurant is on the top floor (5) of the hotel). There is free parking and the hotel is easy to reach by car. The hotel is only a few hundred metres from the metro, so it is very convenient for getting about. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and there are good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I spent one night in the hotel. Friendly staff, decent rooms, decent breakfast (better than most of the hotels in Italy). Would like to go back there if I need to visit Milan.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Very Friendly, Helpful, Welcoming staff and Fantastic Service. Excellent Room and very clean.
Made our 1 day stay very memorable. You'll soon see us there. I have been coming to Milan for many years and by far, it was my best hotel - even better than Visconti! I recommend to all who would like to visit Milan especially those who want to go to the stadium San Siro.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AlfredAgius
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The hotel has apparently been renovated. When we arrived the staff at reception were helpful even though their english was not the best, we communicated well. When we arrived at our room we were surprised to find how small it was. On enquiring we were told that it was one of the large rooms, and when we checked with the other rooms, it was large. The renovations appear to have updated the hotel, and even though small the room was comfortable and well set out and in the end we realised it was more than adequate. Have to mention the bathroom, it was large nearly as big as the room itself, and the shower obviously was new. it was very quirky with flashing lights and we found it fun, a big plus for the room as it improved the air of the place.
The hotel itself had good facilities and the staff were very helpful.
As we didn't have a car we usually walked into the centre, this was a 30 minute walk but it managed to convey the feeling of the city.
Would recommend the hotel for travellers, especially if they don't have to be right in the centre and do not wish to pay the centre hotel prices. I found the cost reasonable for what the hotel was.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple