“GREAT HOTEL ! highly reccommended”

Baglioni Hotel Carlton
Ranked #41 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Soleuvre, Luxembourg
“GREAT HOTEL ! highly reccommended”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Hotel reception/lobby: fantastic! Loved the desk for check-in/out and concierge, it felt so personal touch and so exclusive!
Lobby looked stunning, with the sitting area which was a bit separated and quite warm feeling with the fireplace.

F&B: was just perfect! at the bar drinks were generous and aperitif was so good (with lots of canapés). For lunch food was delicious and nicely served (help at buffet). Breakfast was my favorite! Loved their cappuccino, good selection of food and fresh squeezed orange juice was never missing.
The Terrazza was the perfect setting, looked like a patio and it felt like being in a (bigger) B&B somehow… loved it!

Rooms: I was given a big room and really appreciated the gesture (since I had a lot of stuff with me for work). It was always extremely clean, well maintained and with everything I needed. Plus the turn down was very sweet and housekeeping service was prompt, efficient and super discreet .

Staff: everyone, and I really mean everyone, was just so helpful, professional, kind and lovely!

Location: the hotel is just wonderfully located 5min walking from the main square of the cathedral and a step away from the main shopping streets. Couldn’t have picked a better solution!

Overall experience: I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure. Particularly I would recommend it to those who like a sense of smaller hotels. A place where it is not that hard to feel like home. Not that different than a boutique hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
CarltonBaglioni, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Baglioni Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Ramscubora,
Thank you very much for taking the time to send a so detailed feedback of your stay at the Carlton Hotel Baglioni. We do appreciate it.
Our lobby area as you could see has been totally renewed and is even cozier now.
We are glad you enjoyed the envinronment and service of our Bar, breakfast and lunch.
Our housekeeping service is constantly improving and it's a great satisfaction to know it made a difference in your stay.
All your comments will be passed to our staff who will be happy to welcome you back at the Carlton Hotel Baglioni during your next visit to Milan.
Carlton Hotel Baglioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This was a business trip, i have stayed in some very nice hotels throughout Europe and this hotel did not dissapoint me, The Baglioni is very elegant, my room was not the biggest i have stayed in but certainly one of the plushest. Its a 10 minute slow walk from the main shopping and central area, but it makes it quite enough for some peace from the busy traffic. check in was pleasant and room service very good. Drinks at the bar were expensive but thats 5* hotels for you. When visiting my Milan office again i would certainly return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
CarltonBaglioni, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Baglioni Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear frontwheel,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
The opinion of our guests is the most important tool for us to always improve our services.
We are really glad to know you could appreciate our central but at the same time peaceful location as well as the elegance of our rooms and common areas.
We look forward to welcoming you in Milan again soon,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I am a business executive traveling frequently and most of the time I stay in luxury hotels. I had good and bad experiences and developed a good eye for good quality and service details. This hotel was my best experience in the last 12 months. Style, elegance and quality, this hotel has everything and is perfectly located to explore Milan. Extremely good value. I will easily compare with any of The Ritz hotels but without the price tag and most importantly without the usual stiffness and arrogant attitude you are usualy experiencing in luxury European hotels. The housekeeping was impeccable both on cleaniless and attention to details. Overall friendly and professiobnal staff. The breakfast buffet was good but not impressive. A bit surprised for a hotel like this to charge 8 euros for two boiled eggs. Most, if not all-5 stars European hotels offer the option of ordering eggs as part of buffet breakfast. On the positive side the service and ambiance was very good and capucinos were great. For Milan this is my best choice of hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
CarltonBaglioni, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Baglioni Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear belvedere07_01,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment about us on TripAdvisor.
We are overwhelmed with your compliments to our services and to the kindness and professionality of our staff.
We have been working to increase even more the quality and offer of our breakfast buffet indeed and I'm positive you will notice the difference next time you visit us.
Our very best regards,
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This hotel balances price to quality very well. For Milan, this member of the Leading Hotels of the World, is a good deal and perfectly located. Right in the center of Milan shopping district, the hotel has an access directly to the pedestrian streets, avoiding all need to face Milanese drivers....Rooms and service is good.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkTluszcz
CarltonBaglioni, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Baglioni Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear mark t,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback about the Carlton Hotel Baglioni.
We are more than glad to know that you appreciated our central location and, most of all, our services and rooms.
We hope to be able to host you again soon in your next trip to Milan!
Isernia
Reviewed 29 January 2013

i stayed at Baglioni Carlton for 2 days last december and i have been perfectly. I appreciated so much the Baretto restaurant and the style in my room....directly view on Via della Spiga....Room was great, silent, clean..confortable. Reception perfect, services ok....i had 2 meetings there and had shop outside...nothing more to say. It's perfect for me and location is perfect too. I'm going back to Baglioni Milano again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
CarltonBaglioni, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Baglioni Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Dear Mr. edmondoangelaccio,
Thank you so much for your review. We are really glad to know you enjoyed your stay in Milan and at the Carlton Hotel Baglioni.
Good to know you could appreciate our location and our services.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon!
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This hotel lives up to all it's claims. Perfect position for shopping or business, very professional and helpful staff, excellent buffet breakfast - lovely surrounds - chocolate on your pillow at night. However, our room was non-smoking and it smelt of stale cigarettes - I felt like I was living in an ashtray. I don't recommend their in-house restaurant. It would have to be the worst italian food I've eaten in the world - compounded by the rudest old maitre-d whose obnoxious attitude wrecked our experience. Having said that I'm told that this restaurant is renowned and is frequented by the power brokers and glitterati of Milano. Their bar area was charming, the bar staff friendly and helpful and a great place to end the day if you like sitting in a smoke filled room. My husband loved being able to smoke his head off.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
CarltonBaglioni, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Baglioni Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Mrs. Ann G,
Thank you very much for your comments. We are always glad to receive feedback from our valued guests.
It's great to know that you could appreciate our super central location, our high quality service and the environment of our Bar and its staff.
Regarding your room, we would have been happy to assign you another one if yours was smelling cigarette. We are sorry we didn't know it and could not act while you were here.
All your comments about the restaurant will definitely be passed to the restaurant managers who, I'm sure, will be more than interested in checking the causes of your experience in order to avoid it in the future.
Awaiting for your next trip to Milan,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Firstly, not having free internet is an automatic deduction of one star. I don't care what type of hotel it is, all hotels should have free internet.

Secondly, I understand that you pay a premium to stay in the center of town, but for what I paid I would expect a room bit bigger than a closet. It was tiny! That, and confusing. Opening the curtains, turning off the lights, nothing was intuitive (a bit my fault, I told the person checking me in that I didn't need an explanation).

Didn't have breakfast/room service but by the looks of it, it wouldn't have been cheap.

Location was good, though, and the room was fine.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
CarltonBaglioni, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Baglioni Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Dear dutchguy2,
Thank you for your feedback.
Internet connection is included in a variety of deals as corporate agreements and business packages. Please remind us of your necessity of internet connection on your next booking so we can suggest the best deals for you.
We are sorry you found the room small and although not knowing which room you had, I'm sure that among all our categories of rooms, there is certainly one that you would enjoy.
We always offer an explanation on how to use all the devices in the room and would have been glad to assist you even after you didn't accept it upon the check-in.
We hope to host you in Milan again soon.