“Very welcoming!”

Ranked #174 of 428 Hotels in Milan
uk
“Very welcoming!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Fantastic customer service! Thank you especially to Yelena for going the extra mile, the reception staff and people at the bar.
While I was waiting for my taxi, I ordered a coffee and a couple of cookies. I was given a mix of croissants and home made cookies which I didn't expect! When I asked to pay they advised that it was free!
The hotel has been refurbished recently. My room was big, modern, clean. The wifi worked well.
I will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 January 2013

At any other time of year this would be an ideal hotel, however we spent Christmas here and staff were minimal and there was some refurbishment painting which meant the kitchen was available for breakfast only but we could get a cup of coffee if we asked at reception. It is not in the centre of town, and the 3km walk would be on busy out of town centre street but the metro and bus services are nearby.The staff on duty (5 stars awarded here) were helpful and extremely welcoming.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobnHil
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2012

A great hotel. A little far out but that wasn't too much trouble as the Metro is excellent. Bus transfer from the airport is good. Very helpful customer services. A very good selection at the breakfast buffet. Booking here is recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Very nice hotel very clean sumptuous breakfast buffet, nice staff
very helpful and friendly, quiet but central location, easy access by bus to the centrum, no German TV, but overall very quiet hotel
Bus transfer from Malpensa Airport car hire recommended expensive

Room Tip: try nice view from 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schnulli13
UK
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I have sent a complaint letter to Best Western Customer Service and had given them ample time (2 months) to respond however I have not received any response at all so now I am writing this review.

I stayed here with my 2 friends. I was quite thrilled that I was able to get a
"bargain" for a secret 4 star hotel. It was mentioned that the hotel was situated near the city centre, the price was quite appealing and it is a 4 star hotel, I thought that we would get a good service.

We didn't realise that we had to walk to the hotel for at least 10 minutes (dodgy area) from the nearest metro. Then the room that was first given was a double and single when I had specifically asked prior to the stay for 3 single beds for me and my 2 friends. I asked at the service desk
and we were able to be transferred to a different room with the required number of beds. I also asked for a map to Milan and I was given a poorly photocopied map of Milan. Surely there is proper map that a 4 star hotel could provide?

As it was in the middle of the summer, we turned on the air conditioning. The air conditioning was not working well so we had to sleep with the window open as it was so hot.
The worst thing of all is that when we woke up, all of us found bites on our bodies. We could only assume them to be from bed bugs as some bites were in areas of the body that were definitely covered in clothing while sleeping, and they were all received after that nights' sleep. We also saw the chambermaid spraying something onto the bed on the opposite room from us. We
informed the receptionist but he just said they could be mosquitoes (as if he was the one being bitten) and did nothing about it.

For breakfast, there was a lot of selection of food however the bacon was literally swimming in oil and the scrambled eggs were orange in colour.

We were left down severely by the quality of of a hotel that certainly fell very short of 4 star standard. I stayed once in a 1 star hotel in an Asian country but never experienced being bitten by bedbugs. Our stay here ruined our holiday. This hotel is definitely not worth a 4 star.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Meerkat_81

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Paris, France
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I was going to join a EU business meeting in Milan between 26-28 February 2012, and I sent a reservation request to Best Western Hotel Milton Milano on 14 January 2012 as this is the place the organization committee advised. I had to cancel my trip and informed the hotel on 22 January 2012 to cancel my booking but I was told that they had drawn the money already and would not pay it back!

This was the story, but fortunately last month, the hotel decided to pay me back and refunded the money.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BTOAnkara
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Hotel just ok, as per a lot of the reviews. We stayed here 3 nights; 2 nights with a tour group and 1 night prior to joining the tour. Our luggage did not arrive with us, but airline told us it would be delivered to hotel. Go to check in at 2pm - have to wait 1 hour for room.
After going out for dinner we came back to hotel - still no luggage. Next morning, desk tells us luggage did not arrive. We asked 2 different people at the desk to check - no, no luggage came. So, we wasted several hours and many euros going back to airport. Airline said luggage was delivered to hotel previous night and called hotel to say someone there had signed for the luggage; hotel says - no luggage. We get back to hotel and meet our tour director. We tell him the problem; he goes right to the luggage room and finds our luggage. Had been there for almost 24 hrs. But, no one was willing to go out of their way to look. And no apology from staff. Luggage closet 50 ft from front desk. That soured us on the place for the rest of our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple