We stayed 4 nights at the Anderson and one night earlier at the Berna (see review), both similar first class hotels fighting for the competitive market for decent, reasonably priced hotels in the vicinity of the main train station. we used the Anderson to chill out after a trip to Asia and for some regional sightseeing. i can't really find anything negative to say about the hotel, it's clean, modern, well managed, and has an excellent buffet breakfast. we booked an "executive" room, and expected a bit more, since the room is about the same as a good quality Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard hotel in the US, but of course at twice the price as everything in Italy. at least the buffet breakfast and WIFI were included, although you have to stop at the desk for a new WIFI password each day. so in summary, we were happy, although i can't really understand the effusive praise loaded on by some other reviewers, i guess that's what travel is all about. i didn't mind the area, even though you have the usual cast of characters hanging around the train station as you find in any major european city. the Metro is easy to use, grab a 24 hr pass for all forms of transport, and you can be at the Duomo or anywhere else quickly. the neighborhood around the Anderson is OK, we located a nice supermarket a couple of blocks away and many restaurants of all kinds. my only comparison would be with the Berna in terms of similar market hotels. the superior room at the Berna was a bit larger, the furnishings although a bit eclectic were more solid and comfortable, and the bathrooms very similar. in our case i was nice to walk into the room at the Berna and immediately click on-line with as many WIFI devices as you carry, iphone, ipad and laptop all at the same time working great. i think that was the only place in our recent trip we experienced that, everywhere else you are limited to one device unless you pay extra for each one.
sorry to get off track..... the Anderson is a good, solid hotel, reasonable by Milan standards, and similar in quality and price to a number of hotels within a couple of blocks of the main station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starhotels Anderson Hotel in Milan is located near the city centre, directly opposite the Centrale Train Station. True to its location, our 4 star hotel in Milan has a metropolitan lounge atmosphere and is a landmark hotel for the Italian fashion industry.Staying here means it's easy for you to reach the historical centre and explore the most exclusive shops and Galleria, fashionable spots and the Navigli. The Starhotels Anderson in Milan features 106 contemporary rooms and suites, 4 conference rooms for up to a total of 70 people. Our Fitness Room is open 24 hours a day. Few restaurants in Milan fuse dining and design quite like the Black Restaurant by Eataly at the Anderson. Take in the cool, minimalist interior as you dip into an artfully prepared menu of international and local dishes, all complemented by an extensive wine selection. Or, for a relaxed morning coffee, a light snack or classic cocktails, the stylish Black Bar is a Milan favourite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Starhotels Anderson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Anderson Milan
- Starhotels Anderson Hotel Milan