“One word: Perfect”

Starhotels Anderson
Ranked #69 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I've slept here seveal times and I can say I never had any problem. The hotel is beautiful, so are the rooms, nicely furnished, big, nice bathrooms, wonderful buffet breakfast. Perfect location as it is literally steps away from the underground, the train station and the buses to Milan's 3 airports.
I definitely suggest that you choose this hotel -obviously the price is quite dear, but it's worth it.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

From the outside the hotel does not look very appealing. We had booked a deluxe room and this was very nice, clean and spacious. We were impressed with the pillow menu and ordered our choice from reception and these were delivered in minutes. Breakfast was good with a small choice of hot items, e.g. Scrambled eggs, bacon etc and the usual continental style. Would we stay here again. YES

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Had a one night stay here with my partner between getting the train in from Nice and heading up to Lake Como the next morning - so was pretty much just a place to lay our heads for the night.

From the outside the hotel doesn't look much (but then Milan buildings all seem a little austere and unexciting) but inside it's quite a different story. The lobby is nice and welcoming and comfortable, with friendly staff.

The rooms are modern and very nice, ours had a nice view over the station plaza. Had a selection of herbal teas which was most welcome after a week of nothing but coffee!!

Went out for dinner and then back to the hotel bar for a couple of drinks. The service was great, the spirit measures very generous, and a nice selection of snacks provided.

Next morning got up to shower and found that the shampoos etc. hadn't been replaced so were all half-used, which was a bit disappointed, but not a deal-breaker. Breakfast was nice but nothing to write home about

A nice, modern, friendly hotel that's well located for Milano Centrale station.

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We need a hotel very near the train station just for a night before proceeding on to Venice and this hotel serve that purpose perfectly. Room is nice, clean and reasonably priced. Hotel is also near the metro so its a good mode to do some sight seeing with the little time we had. Can't comment on the breakfast as we checkout very early before breakfast even started. One cautionary detail is that the lobby is at the basement level and you would need to go down a flight of stairs to reach it. I need to make 3 trips up and down the stairs to bring our luggage down and again during checking out. I don't see any porter both time. Something to consider if u need wheelchair access.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel is located at the lefthand side coming out of stazione centrale, two minutes walk. Very convenient coming from Malpensa airport by train and the metro for going around Milan. We were offered a better room with living area for euros 35 more but our deluxe room was more than adequate for two nights. Room was and feels very clean with modern, sparse furnishings, big bathroom with tub and complete amenities, just the way we like it. I appreciate the firm mattress and pillows, good night's rest after a long flight.

Quality of breakfast can be improved, limited selection and no fresh juices. Coffees were good. Hotel is better suited for business travelers, although wifi is only free 30 minutes for each guest each day.

Opposite sister hotel Starhotels Echo looks good as well.

Room Tip: Room 413 was big and quiet facing starhotels echo
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Overall not a bad establishment, directly opposite stazione centrale.

Small reception, quite small breakfast area one floor below ground. Quality of breakfast was not bad but variety was limited, especially when it came to hot dishes (just scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon). There's a nice bar on reception level which is also a restaurant in the evening - didn't try the food but they bartenders are competent enought to provide a perfect aperol spritz.

I had booked a non-smoking room and was asked again upon check-in if I indeed prefer a non-smoking room to which I replied positively, only to be places in a (connecting) room that smelt of smoke. I didn't make a fuss about it but it did make a bad first impression + the receptionist who checked me in was not the happiest fellow in the world.Adding to this a poor variety of tv channels when I switched the tv on, I wasn't off to a great start.

However, the next morning I was pleasantly surprised when the receptioning was able to accommodate all three of my requests. I needed a razor and shaving foam (easyjet hand baggage restrictions) and a nice hotel bag to place a couple of gifts in..and I can't remember what the 3rd was but I was happy by the professionalism. That night I also encountered a greek receptionist who was also very helpful and polite.

The rooms are ok and live up to the Starhotels brand quality, bathrooms is good, matresses and pillows all excellent, price quality ratio is good.

Just a few details that might make me look for a better alternative next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've tried this hotel only because I saw a promotion at booking.com, otherwise I would book some Accor hotel, as I always do as a frequent guest. I'm so glad I've done that! This hotel is simply fantastic, and much better than I expected.

The localization is perfect: very near to the central station of Milan, and of course, of the metro station, so we could reach the city centre in just a few minutes. The room was really cosy, comfortable, clean, modern. We were delighted with the facilities and the renewed bathroom and bathtub. Everything looked great.

The breakfast was included and we really enjoyed it, the variety was not comparable to a Novotel, but there were plenty of options such as fruits, juices, coffees and breads.

If you have a car, the parking is only in the street, a little bit complicated. You'll need to arrive early.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple